Thread: I like Stephen Paea as a DE for our defense...

I like Stephen Paea as a DE for our defense...

He's short (only 6.1) I know and some will think that will disqualify him, but he cannot be handled one on one and lives in the backfield. His power is not only evident on the bench but on the field as well, no one seems to be able to handle his brutish punch and burst upfield. This guy will become a contributor for someone and I see double digit sack potential in him.

Who cares that we supposedly run a 3-4? I can see Paea playing all over the place even as a NT on passing downs. He ran a 4.95 something very few 300 pounders can do and his motor is always revving. He's this year's Tyson Alualu only shorter and he will be there well into the second round and no need to move up to get him like Jax did last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He's short (only 6.1) I know and some will think that will disqualify him, but he cannot be handled one on one and lives in the backfield. His power is not only evident on the bench but on the field as well, no one seems to be able to handle his brutish punch and burst upfield. This guy will become a contributor for someone and I see double digit sack potential in him.

Who cares that we supposedly run a 3-4? I can see Paea playing all over the place even as a NT on passing downs. He ran a 4.95 something very few 300 pounders can do and his motor is always revving. He's this year's Tyson Alualu only shorter and he will be there well into the second round and no need to move up to get him like Jax did last year.
    Are you thinking we'd trade down and pick him in Rd 2? We don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

If we could land him in the third round I wouldn't mind him in this D either.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    If we could land him in the third round I wouldn't mind him in this D either.
    its funny you say this cause that's how the pros scout these players.

there's a guy Martin parker out of Richmond, 4-3 teams have a 5th/6th round grade on him but 3-4 teams have an undrafted grade on him. Paea is a much better fit in the 4-3. he _could_ play 3-4 but the Jets won't value him that highly due to lack of bulk.