Thread: Three Seconds and a Third....

Three Seconds and a Third....

It seems to me for the Jets, the second round is the most talent laden for their needs -- unless, of course, they want to trade up to mid-first for that "one special player" (which I wouldn't be against if they could find this year's Revis, but also we have to realize they would have virtually no other picks)

I haven't been very very precise with the charts, but I think with a little manipulation the Jets can trade out of their first (and 3-7th round picks) and, optimistically, end up with three seconds and a third. If the could, this is what I would do:

2nd Round (early pick): Akeem Ayers (or Jabaal Sheard, Jarvis Jenkins, Marvin Austin)

2nd Round (middle pick): Kenrick Ellis (or Jerrell Powe, or any of the above if available)

2nd Round late: Ras-I Dowling (or Chris Culliver, Jaquawn Jarrett)

3rd Round (mid): Jaquizz Rogers (or Derrick Locke, Randall Cobb, Jerrel Jernigan, Edmund Gates)

Whaddaya all think?

All Pro
    well of course it would depend on who we're walking away from in the first, but i see what you're driving at.

I don't like Ayers, the other 3 are descent picks, but wouldn't see a ton of field time in 2011 other than maybe Ellis.

I know we're drafting for depth later on, but i want someone early who's gonna play 3 downs now...
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-17-2011 at 08:18 PM.

All League
    dont see this being a realistic scenario

All Pro
    I just wish we could mortgage the draft for Cam Jordan. I think he could be the difference for our team. Fcking CBA...

All Pro
    Getting three 2nd rounders as well as a pick in the 3rd probably won't happen, but imagine the possibilities...

2-Marvin Austin
    2-Titus Young
    2-Sam Acho
    3-Chimdi Chekwa

2-Jimmy Smith
    2-Christian Ballard
    2-Kelvin Sheppard
    3-Jerrel Jernigan

2-Brooks Reed
    2-Kyle Rudolph
    2-Kendrick Ellis
    3-Marcus Gilbert

2-Jon Baldwin
    2-Martez Wilson
    2-Allen Bailey
    3-Robert Sands

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Getting three 2nd rounders as well as a pick in the 3rd probably won't happen, but imagine the possibilities...

2-Marvin Austin
    2-Titus Young
    2-Sam Acho
    3-Chimdi Chekwa

2-Jimmy Smith
    2-Christian Ballard
    2-Kelvin Sheppard
    3-Jerrel Jernigan

2-Brooks Reed
    2-Kyle Rudolph
    2-Kendrick Ellis
    3-Marcus Gilbert

2-Jon Baldwin
    2-Martez Wilson
    2-Allen Bailey
    3-Robert Sands
    I think i just Shpretza'd in my pants. I have different golden boys i'd pick in the 3rds (and no to Austin), but generally, boner time.

Jimmy Smith
    C. Ballard
    J. Baldwin
    C. Carter

sha-wing!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I think i just Shpretza'd in my pants. I have different golden boys i'd pick in the 3rds (and no to Austin), but generally, boner time.

Jimmy Smith
    C. Ballard
    J. Baldwin
    C. Carter

sha-wing!
    Sorry to be the buzzkill, but I just looked at the numbers and there's absolutely no chance they can pull that off without trading away players.

Say they trade back with SF, it would bring the 45th and 77th picks, maybe a 7th rounder as well. That 77, if packaged with the Jets 4th, 5th and 6th would get them into the end of the 2nd.

Something like #45, #62, #94 overall... Not a bad haul, and I'd be more than fine with trading all those picks away to get back into the 2nd round, but they would need to find an additional 300-400 points worth of draft value to come up with that 3rd pick.

All Pro
    just tell me this... is there anyway we can come out of this with Smith, Rudolf, and Carter? If yes. excellent. If no, suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    dont see this being a realistic scenario
    Yeah it would be hard to conjure this up. I'm also worried about trading down and not remaining within striking distance of need positions/prospects OLB/DL. Would prefer we retain our 1st pick and if we could somehow trade up into the 2nd round I'd be thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    It seems to me for the Jets, the second round is the most talent laden for their needs -- unless, of course, they want to trade up to mid-first for that "one special player" (which I wouldn't be against if they could find this year's Revis, but also we have to realize they would have virtually no other picks)

I haven't been very very precise with the charts, but I think with a little manipulation the Jets can trade out of their first (and 3-7th round picks) and, optimistically, end up with three seconds and a third. If the could, this is what I would do:

2nd Round (early pick): Akeem Ayers (or Jabaal Sheard, Jarvis Jenkins, Marvin Austin)

2nd Round (middle pick): Kenrick Ellis (or Jerrell Powe, or any of the above if available)

2nd Round late: Ras-I Dowling (or Chris Culliver, Jaquawn Jarrett)

3rd Round (mid): Jaquizz Rogers (or Derrick Locke, Randall Cobb, Jerrel Jernigan, Edmund Gates)

Whaddaya all think?
    I like it...but I do not see it..