Thread: Jabaal Sheard & Brooks Reed

Jabaal Sheard & Brooks Reed

Have no scheduled workouts/meetings planned with the Jets. I find that odd since the Jets are obviously looking to fill this position in the draft and the 2 of them are as good as any of the ones mentioned below. They are also frequentley linked to the Jets in mock drafts. Could it be that these two are potential targets and the rest are just smoke screens??? The draft couldn't come sooner!!!

To date the only potential OLB's that the Jets have worked out/held meetings with are:

UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers (4/13).

Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan (4/14).

Georgia linebacker Justin Houston (4/14).

Texas linebacker/defensive end Sam Acho (4/14).

Illinois linebacker Martez Wilson (4/14).

Nevada linebacker Dontay Moch (4/15).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... def could be a smokescreen ... seems to be what many front office's do right before the draft ...

... anyone have easy access to mikey t's history the last couple years with who they had come in and visit ... vs. ... if they were on the board but someone else at that position was the actual pick? ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    I hope not. I'd prefer it if Sheard wasn't on our draft boards at all.. Of course knowing my luck with the last couple years, that probably means he's rated near the top.

A number of those guys on that Jets visit list have been abused pretty good on this forum. Houston, Wilson...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I hope not. I'd prefer it if Sheard wasn't on our draft boards at all.. Of course knowing my luck with the last couple years, that probably means he's rated near the top.
    Everything I've seen and read, outside of his arrest, seems pretty good. I really like that he primarily setup on the right side as well. What reasons do you have for being against him being on the Jets board?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    +1 and lol...I'm still having trouble getting over Greg Hardy being passed 5+ times...sure it was injuries aided but *shakes fist at Jets.*

Spoke to #NFL executive about Bill Parcells' evaluation of Arizona's Brooks Reed as 4th round talent: "Sounds about right," he said

http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Spoke to #NFL executive about Bill Parcells' evaluation of Arizona's Brooks Reed as 4th round talent: "Sounds about right," he said

http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream
    Incoming in 3...2...1....

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Incoming in 3...2...1....
    LOL..Yeah, I know but I thought it was an interesting comment considering all the round 1 speculation

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL..Yeah, I know but I thought it was an interesting comment considering all the round 1 speculation
    Kiper has him with a rating of 90, which puts him around 34th overall. If the Jets get a shot at him in the 3rd round, I would sh*t myself. I doubt he'll make it past 40th pick.

Gil Brandt said Sheard has a medical flag and some teams took him off their board..But since Clev has 2 2nd rounders its worth the risk..Also said Sheard is purely a 4-3 DE..