Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama & Signing Statements- the hypocrisy & lies continue....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Obama & Signing Statements- the hypocrisy & lies continue....

2011:

[QUOTE][B]Congress Can't Kill Advisory Posts, Obama Declares in Signing Statement
    By EMILY YEHLE of Greenwire
    Published: April 18, 2011 [/B]

President Obama is refusing to eliminate several "czars" who were cut in the fiscal 2011 spending bill, calling the provision a violation of the separation of powers.

When Congress unveiled its budget compromise last week, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) touted the provision as the elimination of "four of the Obama Administration's controversial czars." Among the cut czars was the assistant to the president for energy and climate change, a position that was held by Carol Browner until she stepped down in January.

But in a signing statement Friday, Obama argued that lawmakers had overstepped their authority.

"The President has well-established authority to supervise and oversee the executive branch, and to obtain advice in furtherance of this supervisory authority," Obama wrote. "The President also has the prerogative to obtain advice that will assist him in carrying out his constitutional responsibilities, and do so not only from executive branch officials and employees outside the White House, but also from advisers within it."

The provision, he added, undermines "the President's ability to exercise his constitutional responsibilities and take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Republicans had sought the elimination of Browner's former position, along with the director of the White House Office of Health Reform, the senior adviser assigned to the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry and senior counselor for manufacturing policy, and the White House director of urban affairs.

The provision also eliminated Browner's former office, the White House's Office of Energy and Climate Change. But the White House had already decided to close the office last month (E&ENews PM, April 12).

On his blog last week, Boehner argued that the "proliferation of czars under the Obama Administration has become a potent symbol of big government." Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), who authored the provision, said in a statement that a "bipartisan coalition" of lawmakers had decided that it was unconstitutional for Obama to appoint the czars without Senate confirmation.

Obama does not have the authority to "exempt himself from the laws that all Americans must follow," Scalise said.

"The president knew that the czar amendment was part of the overall budget deal he agreed to, and if he cannot be trusted to keep his word on this, then how can he be trusted as we negotiate on larger issues like federal spending and the economy," he said. "The United States is not a kingdom run by a political dictator, and President Obama needs to quickly reverse course and abide by the law eliminating the czars that were part of the budget resolution agreed to by Speaker Boehner, Senate Majority Leader [Harry] Reid [D-Nev.], and President Obama himself."

Copyright 2011 E&E Publishing. All Rights Reserved. [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/04/18/18greenwire-congress-cant-kill-advisory-posts-obama-declar-22353.html[/url]

2008:

[QUOTE]"That's not part of his power, but this is part of the whole theory of George Bush that he can make laws as he goes along. I disagree with that. I taught the Constitution for 10 years. I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress," then-Senator Obama said as a presidential candidate in 2008.

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/18/obama_2008_bush_used_signing_statements_to_accumulate_more_power.html[/url]

of course the mainstream media ignoring this...why wouldnt they, they've been in the bag for this hoax since '08. Gas is over $4....."TO BE CLEAR"..."MAKE NO MISTAKE" (to of zero's favorite primer's...) Bush would be getting destroyed by the press if he played game slike this...& he obviously did get crushed when gas prices spiked under his administration

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;4003953] Bush would be getting destroyed by the press if he played game slike this...[/QUOTE]

Don 't worry about it. No one watches the lamestream media and FOX crushes all in ratings, right? So thus...Obama IS getting "creamed" in the press.

Right?

If Obama was Pinnochio(sp) his nose would be up his arse by now!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Obama is, in a word, despicable.

He has lied in the past, lies in the present, and will lie in the future.

Hall Of Fame
    When asked about his voting against raising the debt ceiling a few years ago, Obama called his own vote "political/partisan". But now he expects everyone on board.

Do as I say not as I do? What a doosh. :mad:

I didn't expect many replies when I saw this thread last night.

Go figure.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4004263]I didn't expect many replies when I saw this thread last night.

Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Yet you know of the lefties here have read it...typical

Bump :thumbup:

Obama is a man of intellectual integrity. :eek:

Bump :thumbup:

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4004301]Yet you know of the lefties here have read it...typical[/QUOTE]

If what Obama has done is illegal then Boehner has a lawsuit to file. If, as I suspect, there is nothing illegal and this is just political posturing, then this is a non-story.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4006884]If what Obama has done is illegal then Boehner has a lawsuit to file. If, as I suspect, there is nothing illegal and this is just political posturing, then this is a non-story.[/QUOTE]

You don't criticize another President on a multitude of issues, literally basing your entire campaign platform on what that guy did wrong and what you would do differently and then do everything he was doing...

[quote]"That's not part of his power, but this is part of the whole theory of George Bush that he can make laws as he goes along. I disagree with that. I taught the Constitution for 10 years. I believe in the Constitution and I will obey the Constitution of the United States. We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress," then-Senator Obama said as a presidential candidate in 2008.[/quote]

Change you idiots believed in :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4006884]If what Obama has done is illegal then Boehner has a lawsuit to file. If, as I suspect, there is nothing illegal and this is just political posturing, then this is a non-story.[/QUOTE]

Ken on Signing Statements today.

Ken on Signing Statements under Bush:

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1188674&highlight=signing+statement#post1188674[/url]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4006908]Ken on Signing Statements today.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1188674&highlight=signing+statement#post1188674[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh that is fuggin' priceless...

I love Bit's line in there... Hilarious.

[quote]George Bush took an oath to protect and uphold the US Constitution - he has broken that oath terribly.[/quote]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4006923]Oh that is fuggin' priceless...

[/QUOTE]

even better....

[QUOTE]Bush's expansion of Presidential powers at the expense of the other branches of government, thus upsetting the balance between the branches of government. [/QUOTE]

yet this is a non-story....

[QUOTE]"The President has well-established authority to supervise and oversee the executive branch, and to obtain advice in furtherance of this supervisory authority," Obama wrote. "The President also has the prerogative to obtain advice that will assist him in carrying out his constitutional responsibilities, and do so not only from executive branch officials and employees outside the White House, but also from advisers within it." [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1188674&highlight=signing+statement#post1188674[/url][/QUOTE]

MUSH! epic, 'Fish....very, VERY well done!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[B]Absolute PWNAGE. [/B]

[IMG]http://mynotetakingnerd.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pants-pulled-down.jpg[/IMG]

The very lame clown back to ny threads continue...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007036]The very lame clown back to ny threads continue...[/QUOTE]

Note, my friends, the typical response:

-Failure to address the topic, check!

-Insult those on the other side, check!

-All we're missing is a derail onto a subject the troll feels more comfortable about (ex. "Cutting spending means killing Grandma, and raping Grandad!! Thats Radical, this is a non-story!!!!! Lets talk about BIG OIL!!!)

-I don't think this particular poster was here back in the Bush Era, but one is forced to wonder how he felt about signing statements back then.....since he certainly won't mention them now, and especially not in a ciritical way.

It's funny, the Bush Haters here could make such a statement of real deply held ethics, if the only could find a way to object to X now as loudly and passionately as they objected to X then.....but then again, as they like to tell us, the situations are COMPLETELY different then vs. now. And of course, their bias plays no part in those differences (and anyone who says otherwise is a warglbargl!!!!!)
    Last edited by Warfish; 04-22-2011 at 04:37 PM.