Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couldn;t Ask For a Better Example of the Abandonment of Personal Responsabillity

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4005328]I expect my tea and coffee to be served just below the boiling point around 190 to 200. I don't expect hot water in my shower to be set at just below the boiling point. However I travel all the time and always set and wait before getting into a shower.

Getting coffee at 130 to 140 degrees and then adding cold milk or cream into it isn't hot coffee anymore.

These same cases were thrown out in Courts in the US and Great Britian. Juries are notorious for killing large companies.

As far as what McDonalds should do? Companies normally do settle and we are all paying for it. Coffee is more expensive and it's no longer hot. Normally big companies allow this extortion because it's cheaper in the long run and they can pass it along to their customers as a cost of doing business.[/QUOTE]

So I'm picturing a bald guy, naked, sitting on some hotel toilet seat, waiting for the shower water to settle.... okay, that's enough of that!

Re cases thrown out, this one wasn't. The award was reduced. They were guilty. Not saying it's what I'd do, but that's the law. You buy a crib with bars spaced at 6 inches. Your infant gets his skinny bald head stuck between the bars and damages his vulcan-like ears. He refuses breast milk for a week and will only drink scotch. Is the crib company liable?

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4005376]So I'm picturing a bald guy, naked, sitting on some hotel toilet seat, waiting for the shower water to settle.... okay, that's enough of that!

:D[/QUOTE]

What ever floats your boat.:D

When you get burned in the shower a few times you wait. Never sued.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If McDonalds is selling coffee to folks through the drive-thru with cream and sugar, its seems reasonable that they know people will be removing the lid in a vehicle, a tricky task under optimum conditions.

For this reason, they should ensure the product, if spilled should not cause burns.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4005469]If McDonalds is selling coffee to folks through the drive-thru with cream and sugar, its seems reasonable that they know people will be removing the lid in a vehicle, a tricky task under optimum conditions.

For this reason, they should ensure the product, if spilled should not cause burns.[/QUOTE]

then someone would sue them for the coffee not being hit enough....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4005277]Nah, McDonalds should have covered her medical expenses and lost wages, etc. She would have gotten maybe $10,000. Suppose you went to a hotel and took a shower. You get in and turn the knobs as you usually do and the temperature is okay. What you don't know is that the system has a delay before the hot water fully kicks in from the heater, which is set at 180 deg. Suddenly, the water is scalding and you're getting seriously burned. You jump out with blisters on your bald head (just guessing you're bald :) ). If the hotel had set its hot water temperature at 120 or 130, you'd have not received any burns. Are they liable?[/QUOTE]

nah- mcdonalds should have sued the old woman's nephew, who was driving the car the old woman was in, for negligence and not helping his aunt.......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly coffee can be unsafe and should be banned in order to protect everyone so this never happens again.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Postseason;4005945]Clearly coffee can be unsafe and should be banned in order to protect everyone so this never happens again.[/QUOTE]

It is an addicitive stimulant.

One I love, I should mention.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4005494]nah- mcdonalds should have sued the old woman's nephew, who was driving the car the old woman was in, for negligence and not helping his aunt.......[/QUOTE]

What did you want him to do, rip the old lady's dress off and rub her down with ice cubes. He'd be arrested. ;)