Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Order, Picks and Discussion

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    Hah. you saying Vince had that, or the opposite??

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Hah. you saying Vince had that, or the opposite??
    I think Young has earned his reputation as the exact opposite.

Honestly, he's probably smart enough to be an NFL QB, and certainly has the physical skills, but he's brittle, mentally weak, unwilling to work at his craft and suffers from that irksome false sense of entitlement that's so prevalent among young athletes. Sucks to be him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to make a new rule where you have 8 hours from the last pick made to get yours in. I think 1/3 of a day is fair. Pace were on is to slow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gave the Pats a pretty decent haul so far

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can give Beerfish another hour or so, but he told he's in rocky this weekend and his internet access could be limited.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    we can give Beerfish another hour or so, but he told he's in rocky this weekend and his internet access could be limited.
    I made my pick, I also had given a list of picks to Woody to choose from, Paradis (Cleveland) is up.

Denver is elated with their 2nd round pick. This player may fall to the 2nd round but whoever gets him there is going to be very happy in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beerfish; 04-23-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was painful not being able to trade up for a QB only to watch them go off the board one after another. Ultimately the Titans may be better served taking Bruce Carter rather than reaching for one of the QB's anyways.

Let the Rusty Smith era begin!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it says im making Denver next's pick isn't that beerfish?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeebus I thought I'd just go ahead and pick my top safety when I noticed Taylor was still on the board.

I know that seems overboard, but they basically have their DL for the next 5-7 years. That might leave to talented guys with starting potential exposed...but possibly they also just work a heavy rotation since it's two rookies. That front 7 suddenly could be the most athletic one in the league...

Starting DL now could be anything...:

Smith - Fairley - Taylor - Williams

Fairley - Taylor - Williams

Smith - Okoye - Williams (doubt it)

DL depth - Williams/Fairly/Taylor/Smith/Okoye/Cody/Barwin (also LB)

I'd sign Okoye to play 3-4 DE if he were to hit FA. Smith too, but Okoye could be someone's Randy Starks.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Taylor is not the guy I was talking about, but thats another player who should have gone sooner.

The guy I have in mind was definitely forgotten (by everyone) because players have been drafted at his position that he clearly out-ranks. Someone will figure it out eventually and take him, then I'll tell you thats who I meant.
    I think i know who you're talking about. It very well be that he was forgotten about, but it's not out this world for the players you're referring to, to go ahead of him. Specific needs for one of them might dictate it, and the other is rated very high by some people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think i know who you're talking about. It very well be that he was forgotten about, but it's not out this world for the players you're referring to, to go ahead of him. Specific needs for one of them might dictate it, and the other is rated very high by some people.
    If we're all thinking of the same guy, he should have been gone already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    If we're all thinking of the same guy, he should have been gone already.
    probably, but then you get things like when Bulaga was there for GB about 15 picks after everyone thought he'd go. or Beatty in rnd 2 when we all him mocked in 20s..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much ado..

Good scoop up of Phil Taylor. I knew you'd take him if I passed. With that front seven, I shudder and think of the sighs of relief going through the DBs on the Texans.

Taylor would fill a great need with the Skins and could keep the ageless London Fletcher productive for a few more years, but then again the visions of a talented interior lineman with some potential weight/character issues scared me away as Washington's GM.

At the end of the day, I'll take the beastly sized WR to fit Shannahan's offense with the upside of being a #1 WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah a surprise he fell that far. I had a tough time deciding between him and the te for me for denver. If that situation was happening someone would be trading up to get him. The lack of trades make players fall that would have been taken much higher.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yeah a surprise he fell that far. I had a tough time deciding between him and the te for me for denver. If that situation was happening someone would be trading up to get him. The lack of trades make players fall that would have been taken much higher.
    Funny thing is I wanted Rudolph for the Rams. Bradford to Rudolph sounded like a great idea!

Next best idea was to protect Bradford with a quality lineman! Kerrigan/Sherrod is a nice haul for the Rams.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Funny thing is I wanted Rudolph for the Rams. Bradford to Rudolph sounded like a great idea!

Next best idea was to protect Bradford with a quality lineman! Kerrigan/Sherrod is a nice haul for the Rams.
    Not sure how Sherrod would fair at G because the Rams are already set at tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brooks Reed!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats about where i think he goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far I've landed the #1 DT, #1 interior OL, #1 NT, possibly a steal DE, and arguably the #1 RB.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-24-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post

Saffold - Bell - Brown - ?? - Smith

Like someone said, Sherrod's only obvious spot to take is RG.

That said, I really wanted him to fall to Houston. They don't have a huge OL problem either, but they could use a talent there.