Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Order, Picks and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Saffold - Bell - Brown - ?? - Smith

Like someone said, Sherrod's only obvious spot to take is RG.

That said, I really wanted him to fall to Houston. They don't have a huge OL problem either, but they could use a talent there.
    Shrug. Lots of tackles play guard early on. Not that Saffold or Smith lit up the world last year for that matter. The oline as a whole needed an upgrade so take the best available, especially at 2nd round money.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Shrug. Lots of tackles play guard early on. Not that Saffold or Smith lit up the world last year for that matter. The oline as a whole needed an upgrade so take the best available, especially at 2nd round money.
    Saffold beasted last year. Probably a top 10 LT already in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Great Picks and all excellent value.

The only one I question is Pouncey (OG) with Castonzo (LT) sill on the board.

Castonzo may go as high as 13 to the Lions and he plays a premium position.

I think the Giants would jump on Castonzo, but I love the other picks.
    I thought about Castanzo, but their interior line needs work too. Pouncey is far and away the best OG/C prospect in this draft.

They drafted both Beatty and Capers at T too...plus Shaun Andrews did well at LT last year a little bit...Pouncey could start right away at LG or C. That was my thinking at least. Grabbing a top RB right behind him kind of makes me happier about the pick too, as I've added a road grader too. That offense could use some slowing down...Manning's a good QB but they've put more than they maybe should on him considering the stadium.

I'll also probably end up grabbing a T for them in the 3rd anyway...
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-25-2011 at 01:31 AM.

All Pro
    Pretty happy to have Titus Young still available for this pick.

All Pro
    Two picks I loved were Ryan Williams to NO and Nevis to IND. Both are great fits and I think both will perform like top 25 picks in those situations.

Williams, I think is the 2nd best back in the draft and I think he is exactly what that team needs.

Nevis is one of my favorite players in the draft. Guy is an animal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Um I would think we would need to pick up the pace to finish this thing no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Um I would think we would need to pick up the pace to finish this thing no?
    Rexipus was here not long ago, I even sent an a message telling him he was on the clock but then he went poof.

Sorry I'm at work, just made my pick...sheesh i only took 5 of my 8 allotted hours and have been quick on the other picks.

Who's next?

So far I've mocked the Texans Fairley, Taylor, and Hudson...think they'll have any trench problems moving forward? I still missed out on a good DB prospect for them, but there's actually a couple I'd have my eye on later.

I should have tried trading the 11 pick and seeing how that went. I'm sure someone would have been happy to take Fairley there for a price.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-26-2011 at 10:26 PM.

The Titans ended up with an all UNC draft...

08) Robert Quinn DE
    39) Bruce Carter LB
    77) Greg Little WR

I might have reached a little for Carter at 39, but I love the guy. He redshirts in the strike marred 2011 season, and in 2012 the Titans have healthy first round talent at a position of extreme need. Little at 77 was a steal (I've seen mocks that have the titans taking him with their pick at 39).

The QB position went unaddressed, but the inability to trade kind of sealed my fate there.

Hello Mark Bulger!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    The Titans ended up with an all UNC draft...

08) Robert Quinn DE
    39) Bruce Carter LB
    77) Greg Little WR

I might have reached a little for Carter at 39, but I love the guy. He redshirts in the strike marred 2011 season, and in 2012 the Titans have healthy first round talent at a position of extreme need. Little at 77 was a steal (I've seen mocks that have the titans taking him with their pick at 39).

The QB position went unaddressed, but the inability to trade kind of sealed my fate there.

Hello Mark Bulger!
    I really thought about taking Little with #76 and in hindsight, I probably should have.

He's a virtual lock to be a contributing player in the NFL.

And there's nothing wrong with going all UNC with those picks. All three of those guys are very good.

I was also going to take Little at 79 for the Dolphins. I like Gates as well but I agree that Little could be a big time player. Nice selection by the Titans.

I wanted Little for the Rams! He's just what Bradford needs IMO.

Little is a pretty interesting case study. I'm an '08 UNC alum and watched him through his 3 playing years at school. I'm no expert, but I'm no dummy either.

As a freshman in '07, he showed a bit of the flashes why he was a big recruit. I remember specifically a touchdown he had against South Carolina where he gained some YAC and dove at what seemed like the 5 yard line. Great athleticism.

As a sophomore, he had to be moved to running back because that position was depleted. He had to bulk up. It took him a little while to get used to his new weight and position and as a result he wasn't much of a factor (o-line was pretty garbage then too)...but by the end of the year he wasn't too shabby at it.

I think that experience at RB has allowed him to have a certain physicality and fearlessness in his game at WR. He's going to prowl the middle of the field as a pro. He isn't much of a deep threat, however...at least from what I've seen. His upside seems like it'd be somewhere between Cotchery and Boldin in terms of style. He might even be a better athlete than both, but he has a ways to go in terms of character and polish. Great middle round pickup all in all.

Jets Insider VIP
    My final team hauls

Cincinnati Bengals
    1. AJ Green - WR Georgia
    2. Andy Dalton - QB TCU
    3. Kendall Hunter - RB OK State

Tampa Bay Bucs
    1. Justin Houston - DE/OLB Georgia (This pick was made before info about testing positive for weed)
    2. Ras - I Dowling - CB Virginia
    3. Lance Kendricks - TE Wisconsin

Philadelphia Eagles
    1. Jimmy Smith - CB Colorado
    2. Ben Ijalana - OT Villanova
    3. Jaquawn Jarret - S Temple

I'm happy with my Denver draft:

1 (2) Marcell Dareus - DT
    2 (36) Adrian Clayborn - DE
    2 (46) Kyle Rudolph - TE
    3 (67) Rahim Moore - S

Miami, so so:

1 (15) Cam Jordan - DE I couldn't resist the value here.
    3 (79) Edmund Gates - WR I seriously considered a RB here and wanted Greg Little but had to settle for Gates

New Orleans, some good some bad.

1 (24) Corey Liguet - DT
    2 (56) Ryan Williams - RB
    3 (72) Jarvis Jenkins - DT I screwed up with this pick, not the player but the need, for some reason I forgot I had taken Liguet.
    3 (88) Marcus Gilchrist - CB/S I like the player but I wanted a OLB for them and should have taken one at 72.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'm happy with my Denver draft:

1 (2) Marcell Dareus - DT
    2 (36) Adrian Clayborn - DE
    2 (46) Kyle Rudolph - TE
    3 (67) Rahim Moore - S

Miami, so so:

1 (15) Cam Jordan - DE I couldn't resist the value here.
    3 (79) Edmund Gates - WR I seriously considered a RB here and wanted Greg Little but had to settle for Gates

New Orleans, some good some bad.

1 (24) Corey Liguet - DT
    2 (56) Ryan Williams - RB
    3 (72) Jarvis Jenkins - DT I screwed up with this pick, not the player but the need, for some reason I forgot I had taken Liguet.
    3 (88) Marcus Gilchrist - CB/S I like the player but I wanted a OLB for them and should have taken one at 72.
    Dareus and Clayborn would certainly be a good start in fixing that D.

All Pro
    San Francisco
    QB- Blaine Gabbert
    DE- Christian Ballard
    OLB- Chris Carter

I was happy to see Gabbert fall to this spot, and I think Harbaugh would be thrilled. I was equally happy with Ballard in the 2nd. I really dropped the ball with Carter -- should have taken Greg Little to pair with Crabtree and Davis... don't know what I was thinking.

San Diego
    DE- Cam Heyward
    OLB- Brooks Reed
    OT- James Brewer
    ILB- Quan Sturdivant
    WR- Terrance Tolliver

I was hoping to get Watt or Cam Jordan with the 1st pick. I think Reed was taken in a perfect spot. Brewer has potential at both sides of the OL. Sturdivant could become a high-end ILB in a 3-4 in a year or two. Tolliver fits the mold of a SD wideout, and he's pretty underrated.

Atlanta
    DT- Marvin Austin
    WR- Titus Young
    G/T- Orlando Franklin

Missed out on all the guys I wanted in the 1st, ended up rushing my pick and came up with Austin, who was the highest rated on my board. Not sure he's the best fit there but I think he will be a great player. Titus Young is perfect to play on the other side of White. He will be lethal in the dome. Franklin is a high-end guard prospect with the build of a RT. A nice value at the end of the 3rd IMO.

All Pro
    Bills
    Patrick Peterson
    Colin Kapernick
    Randall Cobb

Vikings
    Jake Locker
    Jabal Sheard

Patriots
    JJ Watt
    Mark Ingram
    Akeem Ayers
    Stefan Wisenski
    Sam Acho
    Johnny Patrick
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 04-28-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Bills
    Patrick Peterson
    Colin Kapernick
    Randall Cobb

Vikings
    Jake Locker
    Jabal Sheard

Patriots
    JJ Watt
    Mark Ingram
    Akeem Ayers
    Stefan Wisenski
    Sam Acho
    Johnny Patrick
    Pretty sure I just threw up in my mouth a little.