Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Mock Draft Order, Picks and Discussion

  1. #81
    Yeah that Patriots draft is ridiculous...all of those picks are awesome and the first 4 could be starters in their rookie seasons.

    Texans:

    Nick Fairley - This was pure value, and honestly in real life a trade would probably happen. I sure wouldn't have minded moving back, taking Smith or Harris, and having a more realistic shot at Rahim Moore in the 2nd.

    Phil Taylor - Value pick again.
    Rodney Hudson - My 2nd rated C after Steve W., 3rd since I drafted Pouncey there. Texans' line played well last year, but their LG and C spot can easily be upgraded (Wade Smith, a former backup here started at LG last year).

    Raiders:

    Allen Bailey - More value...I thought the Raiders would like this guy who might be considered a freak.

    Denarious Moore - Tenn WR...figured the speed would entice the Raiders.

    Giants:

    Mike Pouncey - C or LG of their future. O'Hara and Deihl are on their last legs IMO...kinda sucks because those guys have been around forever, but it had to happen sometimes. I think they want to give Andrews a shot as a LT.

    Mikell LeShoure - With Pouncey and Andrews on the OL along with Snee I think the running game they haven't had in a while could make a quick return.

    Mason Foster - Keith Bulluck is old, Foster was once talked about as the top LB in the draft (by idiots but still), and the value just worked itself out here. Could be a Day 1 starter.

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,255
    Picked for so many teams, but felt I did decent

    Cowboys

    CB Prince Amukamara
    OL Danny Watkins
    DL Jerrell Powe

    Three players I really like and all fill needs. Potential 3 immediate starters.


    Chiefs

    T Gabe Carimi
    WR Leonard Hankerson
    LB Dontay Moch

    In hindsight probably should have went Phil Taylor instead of Carimi, but still like Gabe as a RT in KC. Love Hankerson to Chiefs, him and Bowe are two similiar type of beast and Moch is high potential guy, perfect for the third. Also KC has trash alongside Hali, so maybe an immediate starter.


    Colts

    T Anthony Castonzo
    DT Drake Nevis
    WR Greg Salas

    Think Colts would be drooling if Castonzo would be available for them to protect Peyton. Nevis is a perfect Colt fit and fills a need. Salas is the prototype Colt WR and while it may not be glaring, Wayne is old, Gonzalez is kind of a bust and Collie is always hurt. Type of WR that can contribute from day one.


    Ravens

    T Nate Solder
    LB Martez Wilson
    WR Jerrel Jernigan

    Not a huge fan of Solder, but Ravens want a tackle and he was the best one left. Probably my least favorite pick overall. Wilson is the perfect Raven type, could really turn out to be a beast with Ray's mentoring. And Jernigan can be great in the slot for Flacco and give a boost to an old receiving core. Suprised he was available this late.


    Jets

    DL Muhammad Wilkerson
    OT Jah Reid

    Love Wilkerson's upside and fits a need. Would be very happy with him at 30. Wasn't happy with what was available to me in the 3rd, so went with a guy the Jets have shown interest in that value area. Plus with the uncertainity at RT, wouldn't hurt to get another body in the mix for that battle.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Jets

    DL Muhammad Wilkerson
    OT Jah Reid

    Love Wilkerson's upside and fits a need. Would be very happy with him at 30. Wasn't happy with what was available to me in the 3rd, so went with a guy the Jets have shown interest in that value area. Plus with the uncertainity at RT, wouldn't hurt to get another body in the mix for that battle.
    one thing you learned the hard way is that it's gonna be very hard for the Jets to get an A from the media analysts. they pick at a crappy slot and don't have much ammo to change that

    im waiting around for rexipus has anyone PMed him?

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    one thing you learned the hard way is that it's gonna be very hard for the Jets to get an A from the media analysts. they pick at a crappy slot and don't have much ammo to change that

    im waiting around for rexipus has anyone PMed him?
    You're right but this board would be estatic tonight if the Jets drafted Wilkerson. I'll basically be praying for him or Heyward all night.

  5. #85
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    Pretty sure I just threw up in my mouth a little.
    What's worse is that they'll probably trade the 28 pick to a Buffalo or Cincinnati so they can take mallet or kapernick or wherever and get another pick. Meanwhile, Ingram or one of the O Lineman will fall right to them anyway

  6. #86
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,255
    Round of applause for everyone who participated

    Glad we could finish before the draft started.

  7. #87
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Round of applause for everyone who participated

    Glad we could finish before the draft started.
    Thanks for running the thing Woody

  8. #88
    Yeah thanks Woody.

    Did anyone else notice that the players kind of ebbed out in the 3rd? Makes me wonder if the Jets will actually come out with 6 players.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Thanks for running the thing Woody
    +1 Thanks Woody, that was a blast. I learned that waiting to select a QB at #39 might be problematic for the Titans, especially if Carolina and SF are the teams selecting QB's early in round one (leaving all the teams that pick ahead of the Titans in round two still in need of a QB)

    PS: I watched "Deconstructing Harry" for the umpteenth time last night. Great movie sir!

    "You'e the opposite of a paranoid, you walk around with the insane delusion that people like you"

    Doris: You have no values. With you its all nihilism, cynicism, sarcasm, and orgasm.
    Harry Block: Hey, in France I could run for office with that slogan, and win!

    Last edited by titanbuoy; 04-28-2011 at 05:58 PM.

  10. #90
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,123
    Yes Woody, I'm thankful you pushed this through.

    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Yeah thanks Woody.

    Did anyone else notice that the players kind of ebbed out in the 3rd? Makes me wonder if the Jets will actually come out with 6 players.
    No kidding, bout midway 3rd... done. A giant blackhole until what i would expect the 5th or 6th. Not exactly what you would call a deep draft class.

  11. #91
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Yeah thanks Woody.

    Did anyone else notice that the players kind of ebbed out in the 3rd? Makes me wonder if the Jets will actually come out with 6 players.
    Yeah... I've noticed that for a while now which is why I hope the Jets do a trade back to the 40-50 range then trade up into the end of the 2nd round. Get two quality guys and 2-3 depth guys in the 6th/7th

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    +1 Thanks Woody, that was a blast. I learned that waiting to select a QB at #39 might be problematic for the Titans, especially if Carolina and SF are the teams selecting QB's early in round one (leaving all the teams that pick ahead of the Titans in round two still in need of a QB)

    PS: I watched "Deconstructing Harry" for the umpteenth time last night. Great movie sir!

    "You'e the opposite of a paranoid, you walk around with the insane delusion that people like you"

    Doris: You have no values. With you its all nihilism, cynicism, sarcasm, and orgasm.
    Harry Block: Hey, in France I could run for office with that slogan, and win!

    You ever have sex with a blind girl?

  13. #93
    woody you (we) predicted the Jets pick

    that's pretty awesome

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    woody you (we) predicted the Jets pick

    that's pretty awesome
    Thanks. Also hit 2 out of 3 for the Colts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us