Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Order, Picks and Discussion

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was hoping Quinn would be available, but I think Aldon Smith would still make an excellent bookend to Orakpo and hide some of the deficiencies they have in the secondary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Williams - Fairley - Okoye - Smith...Not too bad of a DL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they're switching to a 3-4 no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    they're switching to a 3-4 no?
    I'm sure they could figure something to do with two guys like Williams and Fairley...Okoye or Smith might become an odd man out in such a situation, but I think Phillips would just do the smart thing and work with a 4 man line...eventually try to get Barwin to take Smith's job and gain a little more athleticism there to give it more of a 3-4 type feel. Things like that can work themselves out...maybe Okoye can play Phillips' NT-esque role.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys let me have Cam Jordan, drafting for the Fins. I hate you all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You guys let me have Cam Jordan, drafting for the Fins. I hate you all.
    Just pretend they don't need him!! They've got Langford/Starks/Solai!! Then there's Odrick and Merling right behind them...Real life I still see them looking very very seriously at Ryan Mallett.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-21-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Just pretend they don't need him!! They've got Langford/Starks/Solai!! Then there's Odrick and Merling right behind them...Real life I still see them looking very very seriously at Ryan Mallett.
    Merling sucks, O'drick too early to tell, solai and starks are in the middle kind of guys. You are correct about not an urgent need there though. I view him as too good to pass up, he's one of my fav players in the draft.

I hope they do take Mallett.

As an aside, it is interesting how the NFL removes the players from 'Depth charts' for teams every year about 2 weeks or so before the draft. They still have their rosters but the last number of years they remove all depth charts from their team pages.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Merling sucks, O'drick too early to tell, solai and starks are in the middle kind of guys. You are correct about not an urgent need there though. I view him as too good to pass up, he's one of my fav players in the draft.

I hope they do take Mallett.

As an aside, it is interesting how the NFL removes the players from 'Depth charts' for teams every year about 2 weeks or so before the draft. They still have their rosters but the last number of years they remove all depth charts from their team pages.
    Starks just threw up a 7 sack season (as a 3-4 DE) after Langford threw up an 8 sack season...I might be off with those numbers...and the Samoan has turned himself into a pretty good NT too. Not to mention that whole unit is young as hell...Starks is the oldest and IIRC he's maybe 28-29 by now...you'd basically be kicking one of those guys out to fit Jordan...I just don't see the fit...and their offense needs pieces...they have a good OL and Marshall/Bess at WR...after that everyone's either old or mediocre.

TBH, the Dolphins have the most talented front 7 in the division...their young talent on the DL is the best in the division...All 3 of their starters could start for us, and Langford is right after Warren for best 3-4 DE in the division...Dansby is an elite LB...Wake might get there...Misi looks like a damn good young player...Crowder is above JAG...I just don't see that as a major area of need for them.

I don't hope they take Mallett at all...he's insanely better and more talented than Henne...really underrated prospect IMO.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-21-2011 at 02:13 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    mikeishot has another hour or im picking for him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    mikeishot has another hour or im picking for him
    Yeah this thing is creeping.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    also a reminder for everybody, if you dont think you'll be around for your pick, pm me your big board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my bad. i was around all morning and this went nowhere then a bunch of picks in a row.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually was going to with Castonzo with the Giants, but edited it for Pouncey. I think they want to try Andrews out at T, and he played his best at LT strangely enough last year. Pouncey between Diehl/Seubert and Snee would bring the running game right back. They also have tackle prospects Beatty and Capers. I figure teams like the Florida OL guys...and the Pouncey brothers were pretty badass. I think Mike Pouncey is better as a G, but w/e things will work out.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're not attempting all seven rounds are we? If we are a lot of the players selected here may be retired before we're done.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    We're not attempting all seven rounds are we? If we are a lot of the players selected here may be retired before we're done.
    just 3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Bay Ridge, I like the Locker pick to the Vikings, I can definitely see that happening on Thursday.

I mocked him there too, and i think it's going to happen, though i got this sneaky suspicion the Prince is on the board and someone trades up for him, allowing MIN to take Locker in the 20s...

it's been 12 hours, I'm giving Beer another half hour then picking for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope Minnesota is smart enough to not take Locker at 12.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I really hope Minnesota is smart enough to not take Locker at 12.
    I'm scared the Titans will take him at #8. I don't get it... with all of the accuracy concerns wouldn't Locker be less than ideal for the est coast offence (which the Vikings run and the Titans are attempting to install this off season)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's smart though, and coachable. He's got that griddy I'll do what it takes attitude.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He's smart though, and coachable. He's got that griddy I'll do what it takes attitude.