View Poll Results: Do you like the Jets 2011 schedule?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Love it!

8 9.30%
  • I like it.

33 38.37%
  • Eh, it's okay.

22 25.58%
  • Not too happy about it.

16 18.60%
  • I Hate it!

7 8.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the Jets 2011 schedule?

Jets Insider VIP

What do you think of the Jets 2011 schedule?

Like it? Love it? Hate it?

I'm not talking about the opponents. We've known for a while who the Jets would be playing, we just didn't know when. But now that the schedule is out do you think the NFL has put together a compelling schedule for the Jets? Hosting Giants on Christmas Eve.....Cowboys on 9/11 for the first Sunday Night Football game....

Poll coming.

I like it. Starting with the Cowboys is all kinds of awesome.

I think there's too many schedule threads...

Veteran
    16-0

All League
    My random initial thoughts:

- I like that we don't have to open at home against the Pats

- 5 prime time games in the first 11 weeks is a bit too much IMO

- Coming back from the west coast and having to play at BAL then going to NE will be tough as hell (and I know we already knew this but I still hate that we have to go to OAK AGAIN)

- The second Patriots game is bound to be physical and then we'll get about 2 days to get ready for the Broncos?

All Pro
    i like SAN DIEGO & DALLAS.. early in the schedule.......

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm OUT OF MY MIND, Jetstream but I'm sticking with 15-1

14-2

All games after Thanksgiving are local games, except at Miami which is great for the finale in Jan.

Like that we don't have the usual showdown at Foxborough in a frigid hailstorm.

Every once-perennial schedule feature seems to be over:

-Having the Patriots at home in September

-Playing Miami away in the first four weeks

-The Patriots actually fielding a competitive team against us

-Multiple West Coast trips

And yet we still find ourselves going back to Oakland.

Pumped. I haven't been to a game at the new stadium yet... already thinking about Chargers, Chiefs, and Pats games, and Jets-Giants at 1PM on Christmas Eve is eminently doable. Perfect timing. I might even go down to DC for the Skins game.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY[/url]

i like it.....it kinda sucks not playing NE in week 2 like we have the last few years, i enjoyed watching a big rivalry game in a t-shirt and shorts....im not the biggest fan of the 5 primetime games, i like the 4:15 national tv game on sunday but it gives the team national exposure

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I like it.. but I'll tell you what I HATE:

Sun 11/13 Pats 8:20
    Thurs 11/17 Denver 8:20

I know playing Sunday>Thursday is common place these days with the TH games late in the season, but to have to play Sunday night, vs the Pats of all teams in a physical game... only to get on the plane and have a game that Thursday in Mile High Denver? I'll be shocked if the Jets would be able to beat Denver, let alone a high school team in Denver, at that point.

13-3...we COULD go 14-2, but every team loses at least 1 game to a team they were supposed to beat, and we're no exception.

[QUOTE=shuler82;4004789]I like it.. but I'll tell you what I HATE:

I know playing Sunday>Thursday is common place these days with the TH games late in the season, but to have to play Sunday night, vs the Pats of all teams in a physical game... only to get on the plane and have a game that Thursday in Mile High Denver? I'll be shocked if the Jets would be able to beat Denver, let alone a high school team in Denver, at that point.[/QUOTE]

That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the schedule. Thanksgiving games sucks in general but the fact that they will most likely lose this one of all the running around they have to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shuler82;4004789]I like it.. but I'll tell you what I HATE:

I know playing Sunday>Thursday is common place these days with the TH games late in the season, but to have to play Sunday night, vs the Pats of all teams in a physical game... only to get on the plane and have a game that Thursday in Mile High Denver? I'll be shocked if the Jets would be able to beat Denver, let alone a high school team in Denver, at that point.[/QUOTE]

Those were my initial thoughts as well.

I really might throw a grand on Denver that game.

Eh, it's okay.

Don't like having to go on the road three weeks in a row, weeks 3 through 5.

Personally, don't like 5 primetime games. 2-3 is a good amount for me, 5 is a bit much.

Another three night games at home kinda sucks, as well as having both New England and Miami at night, but I am very happy to see that we're playing New England in New England first for a change and that we don't play them at all until mid-October.

The first seven weeks are kinda strange. Two at home, three on the road, two at home with three games at 8:20, two at 4 and two at 1. Should be interesting.

I guess I kind of get the September 11th set up with New York at Washington and then New York facing America's Team at night. It makes sense, but why schedule Giants/Jets for Christmas Eve? WHY? Stupid move, IMO.

Other than that, three night home games and five games at 1pm, just what I like. Nothing worse than a 4pm game, IMO.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4004825]That's EXACTLY what I thought when I saw the schedule. Thanksgiving games sucks in general but the fact that they will most likely lose this one of all the running around they have to do.[/QUOTE]

Good thing Thanksgiving is the 24th and not the 17th. :yes:

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4004838]Did you just get season tickets this year?

I thought you had them already?[/QUOTE]

No, I had them in the old stadium. PSLs were too much to justify tickets in the new stadium.