Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In 12 Years, Income For Richest 400 Americans Quadruples, Tax Rate Nearly Halvesl

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007057]Can you find a more pathetic way to deflect from the obvious problem at hand created by members of YOUR party?

The extremely wealthy in this country are making way the F more than everybody else COMBINED and somehow you manage to repeat a soundbyte from right-wing radio about how they are the ones we should feel sorry for? LOL. Who else is gonna stand for the more fortunate than you hero?

Puh-lease, this is almost as pathetic as you trying to talk about John Murtha, an Ex-Marine combat veteran - while that bigot idiot in Florida is busy burning Korans and staging marches against Islam.

I have a new name for you, and yes, it's not quite as entertaining, interesting and funny and chick-magneting as abilifyboy, I am going to call you Domink Hasek b/c you are the deflector![/QUOTE]

yes- pointing out facts and calculating real numbers is deflecting....then again who am i, or anyone, to question someone like you....someone who has [I]shudder[/I] [I][B]Tigers Blood[/B][/I] [I]shudder[/I]

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4007099]yes- pointing out facts and calculating real numbers is deflecting....then again who am i, or anyone, to question someone like you....someone who has [I]shudder[/I] [I][B]Tigers Blood[/B][/I] [I]shudder[/I][/QUOTE]

Post of the Lame

Yeah, the ultra-rich are generating more revenue than they were before ofcourse they are thanks to all the $$$ coming to them will be more after years of Reagnomics and private-sector union-busting (i.e. - screwing over the other 99.99%). Yet somehow the percentage, which the mathematician you are, is conventiently ignored/minimized.

If it wasn't for you who else would stand for the more fortunate?
    Last edited by TerminatorJet; 04-22-2011 at 05:03 PM.

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007102]Post of the Lame

Yeah, the ultra-rich are generating more revenue than they were before ofcourse they are thanks to all the $$$ coming to them will be more after years of Reagnomics and private-sector union-busting (i.e. - screwing over the other 99.99%). Yet somehow the percentage, which the mathematician you are, is conventiently ignored/minimized.

If it wasn't for you who else would stand for the more fortunate?[/QUOTE]

You say you want to talk percentages, yet conveniently don't mention the 45% of Americans that don't pay income tax. I assume you believe they should pay more as well, and not just the rich, correct?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

lol- tiger blood forgot to take his medication again....

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007102]Post of the Lame

Yeah, the ultra-rich are generating more revenue than they were before ofcourse they are[B] thanks to all the $$$ coming to them will be more after years of Reagnomics and private-sector union-busting[/B] (i.e. - screwing over the other 99.99%). Yet somehow the percentage, which the mathematician you are, is conventiently ignored/minimized.

If it wasn't for you who else would stand for the more fortunate?[/QUOTE]

ah yes...all comes back to Reagan....of course the chart used from the uber liberal site shows growth from '95-2007- long time after Reagan was gone...but hey- you only come armed with facts'''':yes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4007117]lol- tiger blood forgot to take his medication again....

ah yes...all comes back to Reagan....of course the chart used from the uber liberal site shows growth from '95-2007- long time after Reagan was gone...but hey- you only come armed with facts'''':yes:[/QUOTE]

Ofcourse the internet tough boy with yet another half-arsed argument.

Anyone who disagrees with your point of view is "uber" and/or "liberal" - not "correct" which is usually what they are by a mile

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

another fact based response from [I][SIZE="1"]shudder[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]tiger blood[/I][/B] [I][SIZE="1"]shudder[/SIZE][/I] [QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007123]Ofcourse the internet tough boy with yet another half-arsed argument.

Anyone who disagrees with your point of view is "uber" and/or "liberal" - not "correct" which is usually what they are by a mile[/QUOTE]

are you disagreeing that thinkprogress is not an uber liberal site??? or are you just having trouble reading what's on your screen thanks to all the spit on it from your foaming mouth????

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4007128]another fact based response from [I][SIZE="1"]shudder[/SIZE][/I] [B][I]tiger blood[/I][/B] [I][SIZE="1"]shudder[/SIZE][/I]

are you disagreeing that thinkprogress is not an uber liberal site??? or are you just having trouble reading what's on your screen thanks to all the spit on it from your foaming mouth????[/QUOTE]

"Spit on my foaming mouth"? Uh ok. Sorry my friend you are the enforcer here. I'm just analyzing what you have to say and it's mostly a crock o' sh*t.

The rich got ALOT richer, the poor got poorer, anyone who actually mentions that fact is uber-ultra-liberal-commy-gay-whatever-wants dogs and cats to f*ck etc. Yeah, you're awesome.

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007123]Ofcourse the internet tough boy with yet another half-arsed argument.

Anyone who disagrees with your point of view is "uber" and/or "liberal" - not "correct" which is usually what they are by a mile[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, some of us would truly like to debate this topic.

Please explain to me why it matters how much $$ "rich" people make? Why does an increase in individual wealth have to equal more taken away in taxes?

Like it or not, CBNY (and other conservatives) show facts that taxes on the wealthy have gone up considerably in TOTAL dollars -- just not in %. Why is that not enough for this gov't? Why do they "need" so much more? Too much spent on military? Sure. But also WAY too much in education (I'm a teacher), foreign aid, and entitlement programs.

Some of us don't agree the answer to our budget problems is to take more money from the wealthy. We already have SO much money to work with -- why don't we focus on putting that money to better use?

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007134]The rich got ALOT richer, the poor got poorer, [/QUOTE]

Honestly, why do you think this is? Do you really think taking more money from the rich would give more money to the poor? Do you even think that SHOULD be how it works?

No amount of entitlements is ever going to stop someone from being poor. They'll either have the self-fortitude to help themselves, or stay at that level of "neediness" throughout their life, regardless of how many taxes are collected . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=OCCH;4007137]Believe it or not, some of us would truly like to debate this topic.

Please explain to me why it matters how much $$ "rich" people make? Why does an increase in individual wealth have to equal more taken away in taxes?

Like it or not, CBNY (and other conservatives) show facts that taxes on the wealthy have gone up considerably in TOTAL dollars -- just not in %. Why is that not enough for this gov't? Why do they "need" so much more? Too much spent on military? Sure. But also WAY too much in education (I'm a teacher), foreign aid, and entitlement programs.

Some of us don't agree the answer to our budget problems is to take more money from the wealthy. We already have SO much money to work with -- why don't we focus on putting that money to better use?[/QUOTE]

i have no problem increasing the tax % on the wealthy- just as long as the 63.5 million "taxpayers" who pay sh!t in federal income tax start to chip in rather than always take out....

[QUOTE=OCCH;4007137]Believe it or not, some of us would truly like to debate this topic.

Please explain to me why it matters how much $$ "rich" people make? [B]Why does an increase in individual wealth have to equal more taken away in taxes?[/B][/QUOTE]

Um, maybe because you MAKE MORE INCOME? Ofcourse no mention of the opposite side which is that the taxes for the ultra-rich have been sliced. Just the typical "your a freeloader trying to steal" bs. Gee, I wonder who, besides a republicans majority in Congress from 1994-2006, a republican president from 2001-2008, enabled the ultra-rich to make so much more money? Could it be the little people whose unions are getting busted?

Ah no way. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4007137]Some of us don't agree the answer to our budget problems is to take more money from the wealthy. We already have SO much money to work with -- why don't we focus on putting that money to better use?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's a shame that the party that champions that cause chose not to do anything about that when they were in power and elected to instead finger their collective bungholes and "not nation build" in Iraqistan and rebuild infrastructure of other countries while neglecting their own.

Hindsight. 20/20.

Perhaps when they win the White House again, they'll do something about. But I'm gonna assume that between now and then, they'll turn their focus to something much more important....like gay people or terminally ill vegetables in Florida hospitals.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4007142]i have no problem increasing the tax % on the wealthy- just as long as the 63.5 million "taxpayers" who pay sh!t in federal income tax start to chip in rather than always take out....[/QUOTE]

Yeah those darn kids, old people and other freeloaders need to start paying up their fair share. That free milk money the kid gets from his mommy, who is taxing that? Bunch a liberal commy terrorists a-rabs!

[IMG]http://dailybail.com/storage/chart-national-debt.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1302622649663[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007143][B]Um, maybe because you MAKE MORE INCOME? [/B] Ofcourse no mention of the opposite side which is that the taxes for the ultra-rich have been sliced. Just the typical "your a freeloader trying to steal" bs. Gee, I wonder who, besides a republicans majority in Congress from 1994-2006, a republican president from 2001-2008, enabled the ultra-rich to make so much more money? Could it be the little people whose unions are getting busted?

Ah no way. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

so increased wealth = making more income???? lmao- where did you study economics??

[QUOTE=TerminatorJet;4007143]Um, maybe because you MAKE MORE INCOME? Ofcourse no mention of the opposite side which is that the taxes for the ultra-rich have been sliced. Just the typical "your a freeloader trying to steal" bs. Gee, I wonder who, besides a republicans majority in Congress from 1994-2006, a republican president from 2001-2008, enabled the ultra-rich to make so much more money? Could it be the little people whose unions are getting busted?

Ah no way. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Again, all you're telling me is "the rich make too much" -- no explanation why the gov't NEEDS so much more than they already get . . .

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4007144]Yeah. It's a shame that the party that champions that cause chose not to do anything about that when they were in power and elected to instead finger their collective bungholes and "not nation build" in Iraqistan and rebuild infrastructure of other countries while neglecting their own.

Hindsight. 20/20.

Perhaps when they win the White House again, they'll do something about. But I'm gonna assume that between now and then, they'll turn their focus to something much more important....like gay people or terminally ill vegetables in Florida hospitals.[/QUOTE]

Exactly -- both sides of the aisle care less about balancing the budget than placating their bases/money-makers. Both sides have areas they can be more fiscally responsible in, which in turn would require SIGNIFICANTLY less tax revenue.

But why even talk about that when those greedy rich people have so much money just sitting around WAITING to be wasted by an inefficient gov't by people who have no desire to give of their own to help solve the problem . . .:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4007151]so increased wealth = making more income???? lmao- where did you study economics??[/QUOTE]

You are a warrior. Once cornered and have no more right-blog posts to cut and paste doctored stats and Rove soundbytes from you clown back with the smart alecky pompous bs. You know pretty much nothing when it comes to current events. You get cornered and deflect even when it's obvious the conservative side is wrong but you don't care. You do you. I actually like that.

Please, keep sticking up for the super-rich who pay even less in taxes than they did before and then try to argue that anyone who thinks that is actually a bad thing is a terrorist, or commie, or Arab or gay or all of that combined plus a flag-burner.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4007153]But why even talk about that when those greedy rich people have so much money just sitting around WAITING to be wasted by an inefficient gov't by people who have no desire to give of their own to help solve the problem . . .:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

So end all the programs. Every single one of them. No more foodstamps. No more Medicaid. No more anything.

What do you think will happen? Best guess.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4007155]So end all the programs. Every single one of them. No more foodstamps. No more Medicaid. No more anything.

What do you think will happen? Best guess.[/QUOTE]

Best guess? Everything will work out great! The poor and middle-class will finally die off and the oppressed rich people will finally be able to enjoy the life that has been denied to them!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4007155]So end all the programs. Every single one of them. No more foodstamps. No more Medicaid. No more anything.

What do you think will happen? Best guess.[/QUOTE]

So it's either tax people to the hilt, or cancel ALL programs? Fine -- cancel them all. I always hated that Seinfeld episode about the "muffin tops" anyway.

Of course, maybe there's a middle ground where we create a realistic budget based on revenue (instead of all the entitlements everyone "deserves"), but that might require honest debate instead of the witty comments you seem to love so much . . .:rolleyes: