Thread: New Story: Rex Ryan Speaks...

New Story: Rex Ryan Speaks...

[B]FLORHAM PARK, NJ[/B] -- When Rex Ryan speaks, everyone listens. On Tuesday, Ryan spoke with members of the media via conference call to discuss a variety of issues, mostly due to the release of the [B]2011 NFL regular season schedule[/B] . The Jets, as the only team to be a part of the NFL's final four two years running, feature five nationally televised games in prime time.

Despite reaching 39 days of the NFL lockout, the league released the team's schedules perhaps in hopes of creating a positive buzz around a negative situation. No matter the case, Ryan opened up on...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wesley_sykes/?p=788]More...[/url]

I just hope we'll do a better job drafting this year. Last year's draft doesn't seem to be working out too well, at least so far.

In regards to the schedule, what can I say? It's a horrid schedule for a team that figures to be very good. It goes with the territory.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4005581]I just hope we'll do a better job drafting this year. Last year's draft doesn't seem to be working out too well, at least so far.

In regards to the schedule, what can I say? It's a horrid schedule for a team that figures to be very good. It goes with the territory.[/QUOTE]

Wilson could be a starter at CB, and should be much better prepared in his second year, he showed flashes.

Ducasse could be in line for the starting RT spot

McKnight came on at the end of the year and figures to be much more involved in the offense and on ST's as a returner.

Conner will be our starting FG

Last year's draft, albeit only a few picks, looks to be pretty good actually.

Factor in the pick-ups of LB Cody Brown, DE Marcus Dixon, and DE Jaron Gilbert, all who could be key/quality additions to the team this year and in the case of Gilbert and Brown, were 2nd and 3rd round picks from a year ago, Jets dug up some talent.

I also like the return of Pitoitua at DE.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4005588]Wilson could be a starter at CB, and should be much better prepared in his second year, he showed flashes.

McKnight came on at the end of the year and figures to be much more involved in the offense and on ST's as a returner.

Factor in the pick-ups of LB Cody Brown, DE Marcus Dixon, and DE Jaron Gilbert, all who could be key/quality additions to the team this year and in the case of Gilbert and Brown, were 2nd and 3rd round picks from a year ago, Jets dug up some talent.

I also like the return of Pitoitua at DE.[/QUOTE]

Who needs DWC2/3/4?

[QUOTE=FF2®;4005654]Who needs DWC2/3/4?[/QUOTE]

GFY pencil dick!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4005669]GFY pencil dick![/QUOTE]

LOLz. Just bustin yer balls Ray...GFY!!!! and leave my dick out of it!!!

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4005588]Wilson could be a starter at CB, and should be much better prepared in his second year, he showed flashes.

I also like the return of Pitoitua at DE.[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with you. It looked like our Mr. Wilson couldn't even cover Dennis the Menace.

All Pro
    Anyone else find this disconcerting?

On what the Jets have been doing to prepare for the draft:

[I]We’re really dialed in on the draft. [General Manager] Mike Tannenbaum, [Vice President of College Scouting] Joey Clinkscales and all our scouts do an unbelievable job. The other thing that we do is we include our coaches. For instance, we did the secondary today, so [Defensive Backs Coach] Dennis Thurman, [Assistant Defensive Back/Quality Control coach] Jim O’Neil and [Defensive Coordinator] Mike Pettine were all in there as well and each guy has reports to do. [I][B][I]I actually did about 30 reports, myself. Mike had me do some defensive players. For some reason I didn’t do too many reports on offensive players. [/I][/B][/I]You get everybody’s opinion, everybody reads each others’ reports. We feel like we have such a thorough process, we have [prospects] coming in, speaking to the coaches. We’re really prepared for this. We feel good about it. We just finished up our initial board where you go through all the positions today. We feel great about our process, and we feel great about our board.[/I]

[QUOTE=RageATL;4006034]Anyone else find this disconcerting?

On what the Jets have been doing to prepare for the draft:

[I]We’re really dialed in on the draft. [General Manager] Mike Tannenbaum, [Vice President of College Scouting] Joey Clinkscales and all our scouts do an unbelievable job. The other thing that we do is we include our coaches. For instance, we did the secondary today, so [Defensive Backs Coach] Dennis Thurman, [Assistant Defensive Back/Quality Control coach] Jim O’Neil and [Defensive Coordinator] Mike Pettine were all in there as well and each guy has reports to do. [I][B][I]I actually did about 30 reports, myself. Mike had me do some defensive players. For some reason I didn’t do too many reports on offensive players. [/I][/B][/I]You get everybody’s opinion, everybody reads each others’ reports. We feel like we have such a thorough process, we have [prospects] coming in, speaking to the coaches. We’re really prepared for this. We feel good about it. We just finished up our initial board where you go through all the positions today. We feel great about our process, and we feel great about our board.[/I][/QUOTE]

Not comfortable with our overrated O-line.

Not confident in overrated Callahan.

[img]http://smartasssports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Rex-Ryan-book-cover.jpg[/img]

I think Rex's new book should come with a free bonus collector's bookmark - a Rex Ryan personal check printed on thin rubber stock.

All Pro
    I know defense wins championships ( :P ), but who the f*ck is looking at the offensive players, Schitty?!

[QUOTE=JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER;4005474][B]FLORHAM PARK, NJ[/B] -- When Rex Ryan speaks, everyone listens.[/QUOTE]

Well, there you have it folks!

Rex said he feels "honored" to play at home on 9/11 and be the team chosen to represent NY on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy on a primetime nationwide broadcast.

That's what America is all about.

United we stand.

Without that brainless flea maggot twit VINgina, that is.

Bewildered Beast
    lol

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=innerjet;4006060]Not comfortable with our overrated O-line.

Not confident in overrated Callahan.[/QUOTE]

You're cracking me up; but why pick on Callahan? Jets mashed Indy to seal the wild card and did the same the next week.

Maybe the Jets should have brought Brittany Gastineau to mid field naked, to start the PIT game.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4006472]You're cracking me up; but why pick on Callahan? Jets mashed Indy to seal the wild card and did the same the next week.

Maybe the Jets should have brought Brittany Gastineau to mid field naked, to start the PIT game.[/QUOTE]

Mark did wonders with shabby protection all season long.

You'd think they'd step it up, fine tune it, and play their best in the AFCC after choking in '09. But no.

3-17.

Why was it 3-17 ...?

Because Sanchez got paved into the turf on 1-10.

Then again on 3-17 when disaster struck.

The coaches can't make plays. All they can do is prepare players mentally, and keep their heads in the game.

I don't think Callahan has the nuts and bolts mechanical savvy with the O-line that Rex has with the D. That 3-17 failure has happened a few times before and we never fixed it, never learned it, never made the correct read.

I'd hate to see Rex be one of those HCs who makes the postseason just to get out-coached or sandbagged by his own staff.