Thread: Tanny on SNY today @ 1PM

Tanny on SNY today @ 1PM

Head's UP!

SNY will be airing a Jets news conference today LIVE at 1pm.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum will be discussing the upcoming NFL Draft.

All Pro
    Not even worth listening to. Its the same thing every year. A bunch of BS so nobody can get a feel of who the team is leading towards drafting.

Hall Of Fame
    same as for all 32 GM's at their league required pre-draft press conference

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Not even worth listening to. Its the same thing every year. A bunch of BS so nobody can get a feel of who the team is leading towards drafting.

so you would rather he come out and say we are targeting player x, y and z?

what do you want him to say?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The truth is it really isn't BS with Tanny. He say they'll do their homework and look at every play under every rock. Then they sign/trade a bunch of big names and fill in the holes with a few upside guys they found under a rock... I think it really is him that is not overly interesting, but he does a hell of a job.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    I find Cappy T. very interesting & one of the best GM's the NYJ ever had. Hiring Mangini was a "buddy experiment" gone wrong & Vernon Gholston was his "big bust" draft pick. With those two mistakes behind him, the only direction left for his career IMO is a Lombardi in the lobby and a SB ring big enough to blind the neighbors.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I find Cappy T. very interesting & one of the best GM's the NYJ ever had. Hiring Mangini was a "buddy experiment" gone wrong & Vernon Gholston was his "big bust" draft pick. With those two mistakes behind him, the only direction left for his career IMO is a Lombardi in the lobby and a SB ring big enough to blind the neighbors.

I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mangini was a bad coach (or at the very least, not a bad hire) I just think he was a little too green when he was hired. I see Mangini as a guy who will be a Coordinator in a few years and work himself up to a Head Coach again

Look at the Browns team in 2010, that is a supremely undertalented football team. He'll bounce around and get another look. There have been far worse hires by teams over the past few years than Mangini.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mangini was a bad coach (or at the very least, not a bad hire) I just think he was a little too green when he was hired. I see Mangini as a guy who will be a Coordinator in a few years and work himself up to a Head Coach again
    Hopefully with the Dolphags so we can beat those guys twice a season for the 3 seasons he'd be there.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post

Look at the Browns team in 2010, that is a supremely undertalented football team. He'll bounce around and get another look. There have been far worse hires by teams over the past few years than Mangini.

Point well taken. No one I've ever talked to with the team ever had a bad word to say about Mangini as a person, they just didn't care for his coaching style & found his methods "very restrictive". Also, I think Mangini set a sour precedent with the players right off the bat by firing Kevin Mawae over a flippant remark made by ole #68 during an initial meeting between the two.

Fast forward to off season 2011 and in hindsight, good or bad, I still say Cappy is one of the best GM's the Jets ever had. Of course Terry Bradway will always be my favorite, but that's more of a personal take than a professional one.

JMHO.