Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tanny on SNY today @ 1PM

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanny on SNY today @ 1PM

Head's UP!

SNY will be airing a Jets news conference today LIVE at 1pm.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum will be discussing the upcoming NFL Draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not even worth listening to. Its the same thing every year. A bunch of BS so nobody can get a feel of who the team is leading towards drafting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    same as for all 32 GM's at their league required pre-draft press conference

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4005957]Not even worth listening to. Its the same thing every year. A bunch of BS so nobody can get a feel of who the team is leading towards drafting.[/QUOTE]

so you would rather he come out and say we are targeting player x, y and z?

what do you want him to say?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4005957]Not even worth listening to. Its the same thing every year. A bunch of BS so nobody can get a feel of who the team is leading towards drafting.[/QUOTE]

The truth is it really isn't BS with Tanny. He say they'll do their homework and look at every play under every rock. Then they sign/trade a bunch of big names and fill in the holes with a few upside guys they found under a rock... I think it really is him that is not overly interesting, but he does a hell of a job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    I find Cappy T. very interesting & one of the best GM's the NYJ ever had. Hiring Mangini was a "buddy experiment" gone wrong & Vernon Gholston was his "big bust" draft pick. With those two mistakes behind him, the only direction left for his career IMO is a Lombardi in the lobby and a SB ring big enough to blind the neighbors.

;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4006182]I find Cappy T. very interesting & one of the best GM's the NYJ ever had. Hiring Mangini was a "buddy experiment" gone wrong & Vernon Gholston was his "big bust" draft pick. With those two mistakes behind him, the only direction left for his career IMO is a Lombardi in the lobby and a SB ring big enough to blind the neighbors.

;)[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mangini was a bad coach (or at the very least, not a bad hire) I just think he was a little too green when he was hired. I see Mangini as a guy who will be a Coordinator in a few years and work himself up to a Head Coach again

Look at the Browns team in 2010, that is a supremely undertalented football team. He'll bounce around and get another look. There have been far worse hires by teams over the past few years than Mangini.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4006187]I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mangini was a bad coach (or at the very least, not a bad hire) I just think he was a little too green when he was hired. I see Mangini as a guy who will be a Coordinator in a few years and work himself up to a Head Coach again[/QUOTE]

Hopefully with the Dolphags so we can beat those guys twice a season for the 3 seasons he'd be there. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;4006187]I dunno, I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mangini was a bad coach (or at the very least, not a bad hire) I just think he was a little too green when he was hired. I see Mangini as a guy who will be a Coordinator in a few years and work himself up to a Head Coach again

Look at the Browns team in 2010, that is a supremely undertalented football team. He'll bounce around and get another look. There have been far worse hires by teams over the past few years than Mangini.[/QUOTE]

Point well taken. No one I've ever talked to with the team ever had a bad word to say about Mangini as a person, they just didn't care for his coaching style & found his methods "very restrictive". Also, I think Mangini set a sour precedent with the players right off the bat by firing Kevin Mawae over a flippant remark made by ole #68 during an initial meeting between the two.

Fast forward to off season 2011 and in hindsight, good or bad, I still say Cappy is one of the best GM's the Jets ever had. Of course Terry Bradway will always be my favorite, but that's more of a personal take than a professional one.

JMHO.

;)