Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Dalton, Ponder both likely to go in first round

Jets Insider VIP

Schefter: Dalton, Ponder both likely to go in first round

Great news for the Jets. We will not pick picking thursday night fellas. yeah, it might suck to watch 29 picks and then realize you are going to have to wait till tomorrow, but we are trading back. and it will probably be for Ponder/Daulton.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/21/schefter-dalton-ponder-both-likely-to-go-in-first-round/[/url]

This is what I am hoping for. Either we trade out or teams trade ahead of us and a very good player falls to us. Either way win/win.

You know the Patriots will be shopping that 28th pick. I could see all the trades occuring above the 30th pick.

[QUOTE=Magnus;4006283]You know the Patriots will be shopping that 28th pick. I could see all the trades occuring above the 30th pick.[/QUOTE]

Could be but it is win win for the Jets. They either have a chance to move down or teams trade up for QBs and someone falls to them.

I have a very hard time believing that Ponder is a first round pick. And can a red head QB be successful in the NFL?

[QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;4006302]I have a very hard time believing that Ponder is a first round pick. And can a red head QB be successful in the NFL?[/QUOTE]

What about a mexican?

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4006308]What about a mexican?[/QUOTE]

haha very true. They asked that question on PTI last night and thought it was funny.

has anyone actually seen Dalton? they call QB the face of the franchise... if he gets picked rd1 I'd be surprised.

Not cause he's a bad player. But cause he's red-headed, ugly and NFL GMs are surprisingly shallow.

All Pro
    GOOD.

The more guys like that go first, the better player that will fall to the Jets.

Andy Dalton a 1st round pick? LOL. Hope it's Miami. I actually hope Miami picks any QB in the 1st round. Mallet, Dalton, Ponder... go right ahead.

All Pro
    More QB's in round 1 are great news for the Jets in any form.

Even if the trades happen ahead of us it will drop more non-QB front 7 guys to the Jets.

And of course perhaps there will be some trade action at 30.

Veteran
    Bit'meister,

#Whats with the crapping on the redheads again ? :)

[HTML]has anyone actually seen Dalton? they call QB the face of the franchise... if he gets picked rd1 I'd be surprised.

Not cause he's a bad player. But cause he's red-headed, ugly and NFL GMs are surprisingly shallow. [/HTML]

Are you saying NFL GM's are a bunch of carnation wearing Oscar Wilde's ?

Dalton is no Tom Brady or Mark Sanchez in the marketability department but please the NFL QB position is full of fuglymen, I am sure the women on Jets Insider will atest to that. The Manning brothers are lucky they can throw the pigskin because they are not draggging Supermodels or seventeen year olds into bed anytime soon.

Speaking of carnations wasn't Jeff Garcia red headed ?

Okay we are not talking about Roger Staubach but he was no Browning Nagle/Bubby Brister/Pick a million other NFL QB millionaires who never made the grade.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

sorry- can't see Ponder going in round one....nice game but the guy has been injured much of the past two seasons and has shown limited durability...

this late talk of a run on QB's is nothing new- clausen, even mccoy, henne and many more were also talked about in round one the week(s) leading up to the draft....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4006308]What about a mexican?[/QUOTE]

of course- but if he can't at least he can landscape the field instead...

:banana:

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4006366]sorry- can't see Ponder going in round one....nice game but the guy has been injured much of the past two seasons and has shown limited durability...

this late talk of a run on QB's is nothing new- clausen, even mccoy, henne and many more were also talked about in round one the week(s) leading up to the draft....[/QUOTE]

agree..I go to FSU and have seen him play the last two years. He was injured all this year and was never the same. Look out for EJ Manuel in two years though.

So Newton, Gabbert, Mallet, Kapernick or whatever his name is, Dalton, and Ponder are expected to go round 1.... 6 QBs going round 1, ok like thats going to happen.

[QUOTE=TheMikeIsHot;4006343]GOOD.

The more guys like that go first, the better player that will fall to the Jets.

Andy Dalton a 1st round pick? LOL. Hope it's Miami. I actually hope Miami picks any QB in the 1st round. Mallet, Dalton, Ponder... go right ahead.[/QUOTE]

LOL help yourselves Miami this type of run on qbs helps us out immensely

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Gangrene;4006365]Speaking of carnations wasn't Jeff Garcia red headed ?
    [/QUOTE]

... i believe he was red-eye rectum'd :yes: ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4006237]Great news for the Jets. We will not pick picking thursday night fellas. yeah, it might suck to watch 29 picks and then realize you are going to have to wait till tomorrow, but we are trading back. and it will probably be for Ponder/Daulton.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/21/schefter-dalton-ponder-both-likely-to-go-in-first-round/[/url][/QUOTE]

Why Are We Not Picking?

with the lockout we can't trade the pick

Undrafted Free Agent
    Mr. Jim Plunkett

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4006700]Bout time!

Good Job, J27 :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Grazie Ham. I also remember that his parents never saw him play as they were both blind.