Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Jet Fan has just done

What A Jet Fan has just done

Since I no longer live in New York and have never had season tickets to anything I threw this out to my wife today.

Since we live an hour away from atlanta I asked her what she thought of Falcons season tickets this year. She said that might be great. Now wife is a very frugal woman but puts up with my over the stop sports fandom. she said ok. we got three tickets at 50 yard line in upperdeck. price from falcons seemed real fair.

I have only been to two nfl games ever. 6-3 bucs bengals game years ago and the chrebet flashlight game in tampa in 2000.

How will these seats be for a football game. they looked good from what i could tell and purchased them before my wife could change her mind.

falcons fan site not like this one so i would like to hear opinions. If any of you know a good falcon fan website let me know. the one i found did not seem to be functional.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=mshoffmabase;4006301]Since I no longer live in New York and have never had season tickets to anything I threw this out to my wife today.

Since we live an hour away from atlanta I asked her what she thought of Falcons season tickets this year. She said that might be great. Now wife is a very frugal woman but puts up with my over the stop sports fandom. she said ok. we got three tickets at 50 yard line in upperdeck. price from falcons seemed real fair.

I have only been to two nfl games ever. 6-3 bucs bengals game years ago and the chrebet flashlight game in tampa in 2000.

How will these seats be for a football game. they looked good from what i could tell and purchased them before my wife could change her mind.

falcons fan site not like this one so i would like to hear opinions. If any of you know a good falcon fan website let me know. the one i found did not seem to be functional.[/QUOTE]

mshoffmabase, if I may be so bold... I would imagine the 50 yard line affords exquisite viewage of said fieldage...at any level.

You should buy a truck too, while she is not looking.

-

[url]http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_falcons/pick_section_nfl_falcons.htm[/url]

click on your section...should give you an idea of the view

This one looks pretty active, not sure if any relation to ThugLIFE. You may want to dress accordingly

[url]http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?act=idx[/url]

Best of luck with your (new?) team?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=mshoffmabase;4006301] we got three tickets at 50 yard line [B]in upperdeck[/B].

How will these seats be for a football game.

[/QUOTE]

PM sg3.

He'll check with SAR and get back to you.

_

Still will be a die hard jet fan as always. Heck, my oldest son is named jet so i am not changing allegiances. I think there are only two games that might conflict with jet games. probably will sell the tickets for those games.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... not sure where you live in GA but we have a big Atlanta area J-E-T-S fan club that meets in Marietta at Mazzy's sportsbar ...

... top left hand corner of 285 ... 30 min from the GeorgiaDome ...

[url]http://mazzys.com/[/url]

Mazzy's Sports Bar & Grill
    2217 Roswell Rd NE
    Marietta, GA 30062
    (678) 213-1688

... you should def stop by either before or after the Falcon games to catch the J-E-T-S!!! :yes: ...

l_j_r

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=mshoffmabase;4006499]Still will be a die hard jet fan as always. Heck, my oldest son is named jet so i am not changing allegiances. I think there are only two games that might conflict with jet games. probably will sell the tickets for those games.[/QUOTE]

But your younger son is named Falcon, right? What you name your daughter will go a long way towards determining your true allegiance.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4006608]... not sure where you live in GA but we have a big Atlanta area J-E-T-S fan club that meets in Marietta at Mazzy's sportsbar ...

... top left hand corner of 285 ... 30 min from the GeorgiaDome ...

[url]http://mazzys.com/[/url]

Mazzy's Sports Bar & Grill
    2217 Roswell Rd NE
    Marietta, GA 30062
    (678) 213-1688

... you should def stop by either before or after the Falcon games to catch the J-E-T-S!!! :yes: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info on the sports bar. My wife and I will definitely make that a must do. Looking at the schedule I know I will have to watch the Jets games in a bar near the stadium from time to time. the good news is that there are only two time conflicts this year.

I actually look forward to having these seats when the jets play here in atlanta in a couple of years.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4006631]But your younger son is named Falcon, right? What you name your daughter will go a long way towards determining your true allegiance.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. Haha. We have four kids. Wife only gave me naming rights to one of them. When the Jets lose I always joke with my son that i am changing his name from Jet to Falcon. He gets so mad.

The Falcons are about to become my #2 team as well.

Moving there this coming summer.

[QUOTE=VAJET58;4006679]The Falcons are about to become my #2 team as well.

Moving there this coming summer.[/QUOTE]

Cannot beat the weather in the south. atlanta is a good town

[QUOTE=mshoffmabase;4006499]Still will be a die hard jet fan as always. Heck, my oldest son is named jet so i am not changing allegiances. I think there are only two games that might conflict with jet games. probably will sell the tickets for those games.[/QUOTE]

Your sons name is Michael ;)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=VAJET58;4006679]The Falcons are about to become my #2 team as well.

Moving there this coming summer.[/QUOTE]

... same advice ... make mazzy's a MUST DO ... for the games ... you'll thank yourself for it :iwon: ...

l_j_r

Definately,

Matter of fact 1 of the houses that we put an offer in on is in Marietta.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=mshoffmabase;4006301]Since I no longer live in New York and have never had season tickets to anything I threw this out to my wife today.

falcons fan site not like this one so i would like to hear opinions. If any of you know a good falcon fan website let me know. the one i found did not seem to be functional.[/QUOTE]

I duuno what teh say bout you? you must be a wanna be Jet fan. I will not support/buy any tickets for any other Football team but the Jets.

I also live an hour away from the Dome. Man! I just dont like the falcons plus they play in the NFC div. I's rather travel to Tennessee to see teh Titans than the Falcons. Oh! been living down here six yrs. now and I've seen them, the Falcons once in person when the Jets played them that gawd awful Monday night game where we fumble the ball bout 25 times in a row.

so go on to your Falcons instead of going to NY to see Jetball, wanna be Jet fan! peace man.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Awesome, football is football. I wouldn't expect anyone to be devoted out of state, however, you luck out they are NFC so you can route for both teams unless of course......

[QUOTE=TechJet;4006763]I duuno what teh say bout you? you must be a wanna be Jet fan. I will not support/buy any tickets for any other Football team but the Jets.

I also live an hour away from the Dome. Man! I just dont like the falcons plus they play in the NFC div. I's rather travel to Tennessee to see teh Titans than the Falcons. Oh! been living down here six yrs. now and I've seen them, the Falcons once in person when the Jets played them that gawd awful Monday night game where we fumble the ball bout 25 times in a row.

so go on to your Falcons instead of going to NY to see Jetball, wanna be Jet fan! peace man.[/QUOTE]

Some good games this year in atl. that i look forward to seeing. Dont see myself missing one minute of jets action. Just want to see some live football . Actually thinking about going to tennesse and jacksonville next year (2012) when the jets play in those cities.

do not see myself as a wanna be jet fan. I bleed green and white. love football.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... i've got no problem wishing for the falcon's to do well as a 2nd team myself ...

... keeps the local folks engaged & leads to some good back & forth chatter ...

... as long as it doesn't impact the J-E-T-S, all the power to the dirty birds:cool: ...

l_j_r

At least I can pull my Abraham jersey back out now.:D