Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Had the Power...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If You Had the Power...

...to write ONE Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and have it become the Law of the land, what would that Amendment be?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You must pay income tax to be allowed to vote.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    annual caps on welfare & medicaid- the benefit is not received per child but a cap per household...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban religion

or

people who can't play one lap of Gran Turismo 5 without eating the wall aren't allowed to drive real cars.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Term limits for all in federal government.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Trades;4006790]Term limits for all in federal government.[/QUOTE]

+10000000000

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Healthcare is a right every American is entitled to. Rich or poor.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-22-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4006746]You must pay at least x percentage of income tax to be allowed to vote.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4006729]...to write ONE Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and have it become the Law of the land, what would that Amendment be?[/QUOTE]

Make English the official language.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4006783]annual caps on welfare & medicaid- the benefit is not received per child but a cap per household...[/QUOTE]

Really, an annual cap? In your zeel to get the welfare moms you are willing to throw the kid with CP under the bus? What if they experience something new that wasn't there when the cap was established? Or are all disabled kids the same provided they have the same disability?

"Sorry Jr, but you can't afford that wheelchair you previously didn't need, you've spent all your CBNY allowance on diapers and visiting nurses. Tough luck kiddo, but who told you to go ahead and lose your mobility?"

:SMFH:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4006812]Jobs are a necessity for every American. Let's not weigh down those who have them by making them pay for the healthcare of those who don't.[/QUOTE]

:yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4006823]Make English the official language.

Really, an annual cap? In your zeel to get the welfare moms you are willing to throw the kid with CP under the bus? What if they experience something new that wasn't there when the cap was established? Or are all disabled kids the same provided they have the same disability?

"Sorry Jr, but you can't afford that wheelchair you previously didn't need, you've spent all your CBNY allowance on diapers and visiting nurses. Tough luck kiddo, but who told you to go ahead and lose your mobility?"

:SMFH:[/QUOTE]

While I actually agree with your point here, there is an air of entitlement that is a bit....heavy handed.

You might wish to remember that those benefots are paid by CBTNY, myself and other taxpayers. Thats our money. While I'm happy to support my tax money going to this purpose, a little less of the angry "you OWE me, grrrr!!!!!" attitude might be warranted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4006844]While I actually agree with your point here, there is an air of entitlement that is a bit....heavy handed.

You might wish to remember that those benefots are paid by CBTNY, myself, [B]Jetworks[/B] and other taxpayers. Thats our money. While I'm happy to support my tax money going to this purpose, a little less of the angry "you OWE me, grrrr!!!!!" attitude might be warranted.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Any "air of entitlement" is inferred, not implied. Trust me, most of us prefer not to even talk about our burdens, because they are just that, ours. All most want are the things that are either supposed to be afforded to the disabled by law, or the equal treatment that others without disabilities receive. Now does the law or accommodation go too far sometimes? IMO yes. But I'm also the guy who will leave the restaurant because his autistic kid is throwing a fit. Not out of guilt, not out of shame, but out of my not wishing to subject others to what should only be my "cross to bear". I'm courteous like that. Problem is, I expect the same from others. Pretty naive, huh? Not all are like that and quite frankly it pisses me off when I see it.

This isn't about me being angry, nor is it me seeking pity, sympathy or anything of the like. I am simply taking advantage of the opportunity presented to show that an empathetic response is sometimes necessary. Too often people (self included) paint with a big brush, especially when talking about big issues. It makes sense, bigger the brush, quicker and easier to paint. Trouble is there are little details that tend to get missed and painted over. THAT'S what I was going for there.

Hope this explains my position a bit better. Sorry for the confusion/misunderstanding.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Term Limits.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    legalization of Hemp. If i was be a single issue voter this would be my single issue. I'd vote for Donald Trump if he ran on a legalize it platform.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enforce the 14th Amendment to the letter of the law including considering the associated Congressional Record which spells out its true intentions
    instead of un-Constitutionally ignoring it the 3 ways we do today -

give equal protection for the unborn (instead of abortion on demand to healthy babies)
    eliminate race and gender-based programs of any kind, no quotas, AA, EO programs, no public service test curves, etc)
    deny any kind of primary secondary and tertiary citizenship rights to illegals their extended families and their anchor babies here, who sneak in from everywhere to leech without quid pro quos (no IOUs for theft of services, no Pledge to become citizens etc)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4006823]Make English the official language.

:SMFH:[/QUOTE]

while some exceptions would have to be made in extreme cases i have no issue with telling people that constantly live off the taxpayer dime and can't afford and be responsible for one child, never mind 3, 4 or 5 kids- "sorry- its your responsibility"...

the more you allow entitlements per child the more the welfare class will pass their responsibilities off on others...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Amendment to Repeal the 16th Amendment

2) Balanced Budget Amendment

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No US troops can be sent into a foreign war without a national draft of all men and women 18 years old or older if needed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Give chronic welfare moms the choice of sterilization or zero govt handouts for any new kiddies they choose to breed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4006916]legalization of Hemp. If i was be a single issue voter this would be my single issue. I'd vote for Donald Trump if he ran on a legalize it platform.[/QUOTE]

So I can count on your vote for Ron Paul, then