Thread: Sounds like a trade up isn't out of the picture either.

Sounds like a trade up isn't out of the picture either.

"Joey Clinks" hints as such:

"It's nice to have six pics this year for a chance," said vice president of college scouting Joey Clinkscales. "We'll see how long we have six picks."
    I'm not against trading up at all. For one thing we don't NEED much, and what we do need is pretty specific. For another thing, there'll probably still be a period where they can add players/make roster moves before the season starts if the season will start at all.

While I realize that anyone is a candidate, who do you guys think the Jets would find worth trading up for?

My short list of guesses:

Von Miller
    Cameron Jordan
    Robert Quinn
    Aldon Smith

Cameron Jordan being the guy they're most likely to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post

I'm not against trading up at all. For one thing we don't NEED much, and what we do need is pretty specific. For another thing, there'll probably still be a period where they can add players/make roster moves before the season starts if the season will start at all.

While I realize that anyone is a candidate, who do you guys think the Jets would find worth trading up for?

My short list of guesses:

Von Miller
    Cameron Jordan
    Robert Quinn
    Aldon Smith

Cameron Jordan being the guy they're most likely to go after.
    Tanny said they could trade up a few places or down a few places...I don't think they have the ammo to go up far enough for those guys

Maybe Clinkscales meant they have 6 but could end up with 8, 9, 10...

All Pro
    I would absolutely Shpretza in my pants if the Jets traded up for Jordan. It would be dori-dori on someone's a$$.

I've been saying for a month now, GO FOR IT. Get Jordan. he's a eff. are. eee. eh. kay. I think he's versatility would make him pure raw plutonium in this defense.

ps.Kerrigan's another i think they're high on too.

All Pro
    Without a 2nd, I dont think we can move up that high for Jordan. I have him going to the Dolphins at #15.

Unless they offered next years picks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Its somewhat telling that our Draft Director is thankful that we have a set of draft picks that doesn't include a 2nd rounder.

Just once, I'd like to have a full complement of picks. I can't argue with any of the past trade ups - Harris, Revis and Sanchez are all cornerstones of the franchise. But, going forward it would be nice to have more than our share of picks with which to restock the team.

I doubt that we can move up far enough to get one of the true blue chippers in this draft. If that is indeed the case, I really hope we look to move down and recapture something as close to our 2nd rounder as possible. Trading down with any of the top 10 teams should yield us a 3rd rounder that is pretty close to the second rounder we lost for Cro.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I think Von Miller is going #3 to Buffalo and no later than #5 to Arizona, so that leaves him out, with no second round pick and since you can't trade players, I don't see any way we can get up that high.

Quinn I suspect is going in the TOP 10 as well, but if he somehow slides out of the TOP 10 due to inactivity (didn't play at all in 2010) and the two QB's pushing him down a little bit, I would trade our whole draft or damn close to it if we could move up to get him, cause I believe we're in the Super Bowl last year and winning it if he was on the Jets.

I think he's that kind of difference maker for a legit SB contender who's most glaring need is a pass rusher.

I would also by okay with trading up for Cam Jordan or Aldon Smith, particularly Jordan, though I wouldn't pay the same high price I would pay for Quinn.
    Quinn in this D is fap material.

All Pro
    Whats the deal with quinn? I reading he was slower then expected and didnt perform very well at the combine. Is his gametape from 2 years ago that good?

All Pro
    Here is some stuff I read on him:
    Quinn went first, some people thought that he got off to a slow start and he ran a 4.70 in the 40 which was a slower time than people expected from him (Mike Mayock thought he would run a 4.50) even though it is still impressive for someone his size (6'4", 265 pounds). He also had a 34" vertical leap, 9'8" broad jump, and a 7.13 in the three cone drill. His footwork was criticized a little bit during some of the drills.

Overall, Quinn's combine performance wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't quite what some experts had expected—although they weren't that far off. He appeared a little rusty in some of the position-specific drills, and for a guy who's been out of football for a while, that's probably something to be expected.

But with all that time off, you would have thought he could have been a little better because of all of the practice time he has had to prepare for the event.

All Pro
    Green........ do you like quinn over miller. Id like to hear your thoughts on him compared to Von.

A quick look on the draft value chart says that in total the 6 picks that we have are worth approximately 847 points, which (if we traded the ENTIRE DRAFT) would let us move up to around 20.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Not that all teams use the same value chart, but we don't have the ammo to get near the top 15 this year, and trading future picks is always foolhardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post

Depends on your definition of need. IMO we could use a draft pick at almost every position except QB or MLB. Other Cotchery we do not have much signed talent at the WR position. We definitely need help in the front 7. Who is our RT? Is Turner signed? God help us if Vlad can't fill that spot. It would not hurt us to get some depth on the O line. People have argued on this board for drafting another CB this year so I will not restate the need, but we could use the pick there. Certainly, we need help at safety. Finally, others have also argued to draft Rudolph at TE - again, I will not reargue the points on this.

No. We can use help at just about every spot on the field. I am not saying that we have dire needs, but it would not kill us to be able to plug holes on our roster. Granted some spots don't need starters; mabe simply depth. We all know that depth in this injury plaqued league is not to be taken for granted.

Having said all of that, I would not be against moving up. I just don't think that we have the ammo needed to get up high enough to draft a stud prospect.

All League
    Could try and make a move to the #23 area for Wilkerson. 6-4 315 with 4.9 speed dont grow on trees.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Could try and make a move to the #23 area for Wilkerson. 6-4 315 with 4.9 speed dont grow on trees.

he's overrated (stock is anyway). Huge potential, but the actual harnessing of that potential still has to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Whats fap?

If its good, you're right

About trading up...

The reality is, The Jets will probably trade, you're looking at moving up into the third or 4th. It's not the first rnd pick they were eluding to. Not enough ammo (pains me to admit that, I've got a pin-up of Jordan above my sun visor in my car)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    he's overrated (stock is anyway). Huge potential, but the actual harnessing of that potential still has to happen.

About trading up...

The reality is, The Jets will probably trade, you're looking at moving up into the third or 4th. It's not the first rnd pick they were eluding to. Not enough ammo (pains me to admit that, I've got a pin-up of Jordan above my sun visor in my car)
    Respectfully disagree about Wilkerson. If anything i'm suprised he's not talked about more as a top 15 guy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Respectfully disagree about Wilkerson. If anything i'm suprised he's not talked about more as a top 15 guy.
    I don't mean that he hasn't shown anything, I mean that everyone recognizes he played against some weaker competition and you're drafting him more on what you think he can become. It's not automatic at the NFL level of talent he'll be facing. If he had trouble with the likes of Ijalana, how do you think he'll fair against the Jake Longs, D'brick, Oher, etc etc.

Not trying to undervalue him, only pointing out that trading up for him is a stretch.

The jets are going to F around and end up with another VG if they go OLB/DE with the 1st pick.. : Jets better not have another draft like the one last yr. FOUR PLAYERS!!! None stood out either.