Thread: Next step for Sanchez: consistency- PFT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Next step for Sanchez: consistency- PFT

Next step for Mark Sanchez: consistency
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 22, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
    Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has experienced his share of growing pains, but you canít help but appreciate that heís generally played his best when itís mattered most.

So many times in 2010, the Jets offense was dead all day long until Sanchez woke up in the fourth quarter. Following an inconsistent regular season, Sanchez helped the team win two road playoff games. For the second straight year. (Although weíd argue Sanchez may have played better in the playoffs as a rookie. His first half against the Colts this year was ugly.)

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum explained on PFT Live Friday that Sanchezís competitiveness is unique, and has even exceeded the teamís high expectations. The next step for Sanchez is to find a way to bottle that fourth quarter and playoff magic for 16 straight weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4007383]Next step for Mark Sanchez: consistency
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 22, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT
    Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has experienced his share of growing pains, but you canít help but appreciate that heís generally played his best when itís mattered most.

So many times in 2010, the Jets offense was dead all day long until Sanchez woke up in the fourth quarter. Following an inconsistent regular season, Sanchez helped the team win two road playoff games. For the second straight year. (Although weíd argue Sanchez may have played better in the playoffs as a rookie. His first half against the Colts this year was ugly.)

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum explained on PFT Live Friday that Sanchezís competitiveness is unique, and has even exceeded the teamís high expectations. The next step for Sanchez is to find a way to bottle that fourth quarter and playoff magic for 16 straight weeks.[/QUOTE]

All this, and just as importantly don't turn the ball over and know when to just throw the ball away without chancing unnecessary risky throws that make it precarious for the Jets. Also that genius Schotty makes the attacking options more prudently keeping the down and distance manageable, not predictable - no more convoluted wrinkles and wild gambles. there said it

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't just DEMAND and expect consistency like that. Mark Sanchez is trying the best he can. He'll never get a chance to play consistently until the offense is better designed, planned, and called. That's how offense works. It's not the players' fault the offense is designed to be inconsistent, and it shouldn't be treated as such. DUMP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what is your QB doing this Saturday morning in April?:yes:

[url]http://llcdn8.twitvid.com/twitvidvideosv2/D/6/D/D6DID.mp4?e=1303600698&h=1c9a47441d2c7048d8ebfa9b53abff0b[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't just DEMAND and expect consistency like that.
    [img]http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/10.jpg[/img][img]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/j3iR/wind/jeromssummer_flickr_photos_848.gif[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the process of rewatching the season right now. I'm up to the Monday night massacre right now. Consistency is the last step for Sanchez, and it's something that I believe will come with time. The accuracy comes and goes. It's really an issue during the first drive or two, more so than at other times during the game. When he's "on," he's really good.

One last thing, we all give Schotty a hard time, but I think that the addition of Holmes threw him off a little. Excepting the Baltimore game, the offense started off well, when Holmes came back, things went into the tank. Then we had a run of miracle games, which consisted of 3 1/2 quarters of 'meh' and a few minutes of greatness from the offense, before finally receiving a reality check. After the Dolphins game, the approaches to the offense seems to have been reassessed and the unit fared much better to close out the season and playoffs.

I feel good about Sanchez for next year. I'll feel even better if we keep Holmes and Edwards and get in a full training camp. Neither scenario seems probable at the moment.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4007844]I'm in the process of rewatching the season right now. I'm up to the Monday night massacre right now. Consistency is the last step for Sanchez, and it's something that I believe will come with time. The accuracy comes and goes. It's really an issue during the first drive or two, more so than at other times during the game. When he's "on," he's really good.

One last thing, we all give Schotty a hard time, but I think that [B]the addition of Holmes threw him off a little[/B]. Excepting the Baltimore game, the offense started off well, when Holmes came back, things went into the tank. Then we had a run of miracle games, which consisted of 3 1/2 quarters of 'meh' and a few minutes of greatness from the offense, before finally receiving a reality check. After the Dolphins game, the approaches to the offense seems to have been reassessed and the unit fared much better to close out the season and playoffs.

I feel good about Sanchez for next year. I'll feel even better if we keep Holmes and Edwards and get in a full training camp. Neither scenario seems probable at the moment.[/QUOTE]

this is the problem with schotty though. there always seems to be something that throws him off.