Thread: Anyone else not into the draft this year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else not into the draft this year?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am struggling to get into the draft this year. I am a huge draft head. I love the draft, and everything about it. I usually have a 3 round mock out, and a big board for the Jets in each round. I watch real game film, not just some highlights BS, and went to various sites, studying players, and our needs.

This year, I just don't have it in me. I don't know why. I think it may be due to the lockout, and the uncertainty of football next year, or the lack of FA. I don't know.. I know it's not just me having the issue.. Anyone else having this issue as well?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been paying as much attention to it this year, in return the draft came real fast. I will still watch the entire thing like I do every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am struggling to get into the draft this year. I am a huge draft head. I love the draft, and everything about it. I usually have a 3 round mock out, and a big board for the Jets in each round. I watch real game film, not just some highlights BS, and went to various sites, studying players, and our needs.

This year, I just don't have it in me. I don't know why. I think it may be due to the lockout, and the uncertainty of football next year, or the lack of FA. I don't know.. I know it's not just me having the issue.. Anyone else having this issue as well?
    I agree with 190%... until about 3 weeks ago. This was the first year I didn't watch the combine. just skimmed the results. Senior bowl? Meh. Pro-days... pff. The pain of January's lost just killed me.

Something happened at the start of April. I threw it into 5th gear and been trying to catch up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I agree with 190%... until about 3 weeks ago. This was the first year I didn't watch the combine. just skimmed the results. Senior bowl? Meh. Pro-days... pff. The pain of January's lost just killed me.

Something happened at the start of April. I threw it into 5th gear and been trying to catch up.
    Exactly the same for me man, trying to makeup for lost cause.

Who's your TE steal this year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh I'm always into the draft. The fact that this has to be the weakest class I've ever seen doesn't make me excited at all but it is still interesting. The lockout makes it more intriguing to me as I think a lot of team will just be stuck with useless draft picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly the same for me man, trying to makeup for lost cause.

Who's your TE steal this year?
    Well! I'm glad you asked...

I'm huge on Rudolf of course. He's close to the complete package. Not quite Pettigrew-esque blocking, but not a situational TE.

Also I'm high on USC's Cameron (but apparently everyone is) and I'm a big believer in Rob Housler from Florida Atlantic. 6-5, 245 - he's not gonna block worth a damn, but he'll be a baller for some team like Keller or Hernandez. I enjoyed this little tid bit...

He had a 4.51 40 and a 37-inch vertical, and unlike Green, Housler looked like he knew what he was doing in the drills.

...How about Graham last year huh? "shut up about him already Paradis"... well the man was pretty much the hottest rookie TE towards the end of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I know..it is one of my favorite events..and the CBA garbage is pulling it down...but I will still enjoy it when it happens