View Poll Results: When do you buy single game tickets?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as possible after the schedule is announced?

2 13.33%
  • During the preseason and/or summer

6 40.00%
  • Within 2 weeks of the actual game

3 20.00%
  • At the last minute

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: When do you buy tickets to single games?

All League

When do you buy tickets to single games?

Now that the schedule is out, Stubhub and other sites are allowing people to post tickets for sale.

Assuming the lockout is eventually settled, when do you typically buy tickets to individual games?
    Last edited by Digetydog; 04-23-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    add NEVER

to the poll so I can answer

unless you mean single game tix for the annual road trip -- this year via Acela express to either Balty or our Nation's Capital...

no airport security, no laptop out of the bag, no shoes removed

much better

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

To get the best price on the secondary market, the longer you can hold out, the better the bargain you will get as seller look to unload. Prices on stubhub, etc typically start dropping by the Wednesday prior to a Sunday game.

It is also about the time excess tickets not used by the visiting team are released to the public. So you can get lucky and get prime seats at face via ticketmaster.

Buying tickets before the season starts (lockout threat or not) you are going to pay top dollar. With the lockout possibility, to do so is just crazy.
    Last edited by Traitor Jay & the Woodies; 04-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4007901]To get the best price on the secondary market, the longer you can hold out, the better the bargain you will get as seller look to unload. Prices on stubhub, etc typically start dropping by the Wednesday prior to a Sunday game.

It is also about the time excess tickets not used by the visiting team are released to the public. So you can get lucky and get prime seats at face via ticketmaster.

Buying tickets before the season starts (lockout threat or not) you are going to pay top dollar. With the lockout possibility, to do so is just crazy.[/QUOTE]

As a season ticket holder, I usually end up both selling seats and buying seats. I am usually a seller b/c I cannot attend the game (all MNF games and most night games) or I will be out of town.

Seller: once I identify games that I cannot (or probably cannot attend), I put them up on SH immediately. Rarely do prices go up for regular season games.

Buyer: typically, I end up a last minute buyer of games that I thought I could not attend (example: Miami last year and the Playoff game at the Shaver Stadium). On the morning of the game, you can often find really good prices on tickets through the instant delivery.

[QUOTE=sg3;4007848]add NEVER

unless you mean single game tix for the annual road trip -- this year via Acela express to either Balty or our Nation's Capital...

much better[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about those games, maybe Philly too.

How will you get tix?

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4007904]I'm thinking about those games, maybe Philly too.

How will you get tix?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the team. Last year I waited until the teams started selling single game tickets during the summer. I got tickets to the Denver game at face value straight from the Broncos, and they were great seats (corner mez). Also went to the game in Foxborough (sp?), but that was a corporate perk.

Given the number of games in close proximity this year, I am going to try and make a few road games. Unfortunatly, I'm guessing most of the NFC east teams and Baltimore will not have single game tickets for sale, and the only choice will be secondary market :(
    Last edited by tmertz; 04-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.

[QUOTE=sg3;4007848]add NEVER

much better[/QUOTE]

Took a Eurostar train from London to Paris last week, and it was pretty much the same as the airport security. Sigh :(

Too many *******s in the world that want to blow things up :(

You can buy via stubhub right now as they will reverse payment if no games are played. However, ebay and such you pay a seller and then months down the road you try to get money back, if seller closed paypal or ebay account or drops dead etc. Good Luck.

I saw this morning. 20 yard line visitor tickets in UD in row 2 at face for opening day. Something like that I would roll dice now if I am going to attend 100%.

Problem is Jets have a ton of inventory in UD. A ton. They will do individual games and then sell to ticket resellers below face close to opening day.

It depends on how I'm getting the tickets.

For the 45-3 game in Foxboro, Pats single game seats went on sale in July(ish) so I bought through them. We were 4th row (in the lower section) in the UD endzone ~$100 each. Met Joe Benigno which was the only good part of that night.

For the Divisional Game after Nick Folk's kick went through my brother & I bought them instantly through 3rd party (aceticket which has a headquarters at Foxboro if you have an issue) in the mez alcohol free section I think we paid about $150. The experience was a million times better (the result also helped). You can drink all you want before the games but once you are in the stadium you can't have alcohol at your seats.

Jets Insider VIP
    I usually use NFL Ticketexchange for road trip tix

over stubhub

premiums are about the same and since it runs through ticketmaster which has access to the original game tickets used by the clubs, you are assured of getting legit tickets to print out on your printer.

Practice Squad
    Alot of times I go right after the exit 16 on the turnpike. Someone is always selling. The day of the game and of course the longer you wait the cheaper they get.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kall2;4009939]Alot of times I go right after the exit 16 on the turnpike. Someone is always selling. The day of the game and of course the longer you wait the cheaper they get.[/QUOTE]

sad how those assclowns at that lesser Jet message board banned you for nothing, kall2

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=sg3;4009946]sad how those assclowns at that lesser Jet message board banned you for nothing, kall2[/QUOTE]

Can you believe that. I was in shock when I went to sign in and it said that. He was cursing me out for no reason and they ban me. That's all right I like this site better anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=kall2;4010404]Can you believe that. I was in shock when I went to sign in and it said that. He was cursing me out for no reason and they ban me. That's all right I like this site better anyway.[/QUOTE]

absolutely

here the guy doing the cursing would be the one banned

not the victim

ScoreBig.com

Best way to get tickets is Score Big. How it works is it is a priceline for tickets. Teams sell excessive inventory at a discount, buyer pays zero fees unlike stubhub. You get to name your own price. Right now just Yankees and Mets stuff mainly, and of course Plays etc. But come Football time Jets will be there.

It is invitation only so come football time you have to pm me. It is way for Jets to backdoor excess tickets below face directly to fans without lowering offical face value.