View Poll Results: Which statement reflects your viewpoint?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support the owners, but would like to see an end to the draft

2 2.50%
  • I support the players, and would like to see an end to the draft

5 6.25%
  • I support the owners, and would like to see the draft continue.

31 38.75%
  • I support the players, but would like to see the draft continue.

42 52.50%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you support the players' efforts to destroy the draft?

Hall Of Fame

Do you support the players' efforts to destroy the draft?

The lawyers for the players' have argued that all restrictions on free agency including the draft, are illegal. If Jeffery Kessler (the players' lead attorney)was to win their court case, we could see an end to the draft itself. Kessler has made this position part of their strategy.

What do you think of the possibility? If the players courtroom success would lead to the end of the draft, would you support their position?

poll coming...

No draft without a deal in place without restrictions on rookie contracts.

No draft, the league will be gone in 10 years

Jets Insider VIP
    if the idiot judge in Minnesota rules in favor of the players --

welcome to the Noncompetitive Football League -- think MLB or WWE

well, actually they are the same thing

All Pro
    I support the fans, and would like to see the draft with a rookie cap, and like to see the games on schedule, at a reasonable price. I'd also like the owners and players hug each other, and then apologize to us and to each other. I'd also like world peace, and for everyone to have a puppy.

All Pro
    Why should they have to get 10 yards to get a first down? That should be illegal. We should have the courts decide how many yards you need. Why do QB's get paid more than kickers? That's not fair at all. Every team should make the playoffs and every college should have the same number of players drafted. That's only off the top of my head. There's plenty more inequity to be equalized.

The players don't want to end the draft. It's just another area for negotiation.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Kurt Sohn;4007872]The players don't want to end the draft. It's just another area for negotiation.[/QUOTE]

If they don't want the draft to end, they probably shouldn't have their lawyers arguing for it.

[QUOTE=freestater;4007873]If they don't want the draft to end, they probably shouldn't have their lawyers arguing for it.[/QUOTE]

Owners locked out the players. When you fire the first shot don't expect the other side not to shoot back.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=Kurt Sohn;4007872]The players don't want to end the draft. It's just another area for negotiation.[/QUOTE]

+1

All League

what i'm i missing..

with no draft, how would collegiate ballplayers equably enter the NFL.. :hmm:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    "…He who can destroy a thing controls a thing..."

~ Muad'Dib

All League
    [QUOTE=Buster;4007953]"…He who can destroy a thing controls a thing..."

~ Muad'Dib[/QUOTE]do tell..

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4007939]Owners locked out the players. When you fire the first shot don't expect the other side not to shoot back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes it okay. He started it! waa. Th owners shot first so lets annihilate each other just to prove a point. Idiots on either side having a pissing contest. They're pissing right on us, and you people like it...:confused:Whatever.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4007973]Yeah, that makes it okay. He started it! waa. Th owners shot first so lets annihilate each other just to prove a point. Idiots on either side having a pissing contest. They're pissing right on us, and you people like it...:confused:Whatever.[/QUOTE]

People usually don't go into the fetal position when they're attacked until they are defensless.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4007871]Why should they have to get 10 yards to get a first down? That should be illegal. We should have the courts decide how many yards you need. Why do QB's get paid more than kickers? That's not fair at all. Every team should make the playoffs and every college should have the same number of players drafted. That's only off the top of my head. There's plenty more inequity to be equalized.[/QUOTE]

Jets are owed AT LEAST three Superbowls, if not more. :D

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4007867]I support the fans, and would like to see the draft with a rookie cap, and like to see the games on schedule, at a reasonable price. I'd also like the owners and players hug each other, and then apologize to us and to each other. I'd also like world peace, and for everyone to have a puppy.[/QUOTE]

I just got a puppy! You are good people mayne!

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4007939]Owners locked out the players. When you fire the first shot don't expect the other side not to shoot back.[/QUOTE]

Totally untrue. The first shot was fired by the union by decertifying. That forced the owners to lock out.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=freestater;4007873]If they don't want the draft to end, they probably shouldn't have their lawyers arguing for it.[/QUOTE]

Except it's a bogus bargaining chip towards a new CBA, he's right, they have no real problem with the draft.

[QUOTE=NY's stepchild;4007867]I'd also like world peace, and for everyone to have a puppy.[/QUOTE]

Who are you to say what I should and shouldn't have? What if I don't want a damn puppy??