Thread: Jets 7 Round Mock

Jets 7 Round Mock

Round 1: Akeem Ayers – Safest pick, experienced player who can contribute on 3 downs and start from Day one to replace Bryan Thomas. Represents a great value as he doesn’t have the sack totals that we would like to see, but that’s why he is available this late. Also doesn’t require a position change. (Alternative pick – Brooks Reed)

Round 3: Tandon Doss - Aside from being a good talent evaluator, tannenbaum always looks at leverage (kyle wilson - Revis) and protects the team from veterans holding the organization hostage. There are a bunch of different problems that could arise with our top 2 WRs being UFA, RFA, etc and our 3rd WR getting old. We need to restock this position and with all the defensive talent in this draft, good WRs should be around in the 3rd round. (Alternative pick - Greg LIttle)

Round 4:- Greg Romeus - At this point with taking a WR in the 3rd, the Kendrick Ellis, Javaris Jenkins, Drake Nevis type players are probably off the board. We take a productive college player who is available this late due to an injury. He can rush the passer, but will need to develop into a more complete player in our defense. Probably not a prototypical 3-4 OLB, but someone who can be a good 3rd down DE pass rusher in our defense. (Alternative Pick - Sione Fua)

Round 5:- Eric Hagg - We need to inject some youth into the secondary and at this point Hagg offers some value and versatility. (Alternate pick - DeAndre McDaniel) Comes from a good program and offers size to play in the box if necessary.

Round 6: Mark Herzlich - Another player available this late due to an injury. Extremely high character player and a great leader. Yes he has lost a step due to the injury, but his position is probably not OLB, its 3-4 ILB. He will need a year to get up to speed, but can serve as a replacement to Bart Scott in 2012 and has shown the drive and work ethic to become a contributor and can play on special teams this season.

Round 7: Rashad Carmichael - Developmental DB or Bruce Miller Developmental OLB MIller was extremely productive in college rushing the passer and Carmichael comes from a solid program, at this point we are hoping to get lucky.

not a bad effort (agree with Ayers) but Carmichael should be long gone by 7

All Pro
    Agree - Carmichael's being mock drafted in the 4rnds. 5th at worst.

Ayers is just that i guess, safest pick. The more i think about it, the more i think NY will take Taylor over Ayers - Phil's just better at this position that Ayers is at his.
    Taking Ayers or Reed for that matter just doesn't feel like a Tanny move. VG was a this kind of pick. "Guess he's still there. Suppose we should take him then..."

Was really just taking a stab with the whole carmichael thing....7th round is obviously pretty hard to guage.

I dont think taylor should be the guy....sure he could be great, but I dont think its a position to target at that spot in the draft. Cody was a much more hyped/better graded player and he fell into the second.

One potential move would be to hit denver and offer our 1st and 4th for their 2 second round picks....Elway might be looking to make a splash and get a QB at the end of the round.

That gives us the opportunity to possibly still get Ayers/Reed and a Rahim Moore, Taylor, etc.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Was really just taking a stab with the whole carmichael thing....7th round is obviously pretty hard to guage.

I dont think taylor should be the guy....sure he could be great, but I dont think its a position to target at that spot in the draft. Cody was a much more hyped/better graded player and he fell into the second.

One potential move would be to hit denver and offer our 1st and 4th for their 2 second round picks....Elway might be looking to make a splash and get a QB at the end of the round.

That gives us the opportunity to possibly still get Ayers/Reed and a Rahim Moore, Taylor, etc.
    That sounds like a good plan. i like it alot - though i've got other guys i think are 2nd targets.

and for the record i'm not big on taylor either, i can just seem them going that way if the likes of Heyward smith are gone.