Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why?

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4009434]Anti-semitism has been a bedrock of Christianity for centuries.[/QUOTE]

While true, a lot has changed over the last century...

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009436]While true, a lot has changed over the last century...[/QUOTE]

People stopped caring soo much about religiion and started using common sense. :yes:

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009436]While true, a lot has changed over the last century...[/QUOTE]

No doubt including most of them being wiped out in mostly Christian Europe.

You think France who I believe is primarily a Catholic country isn't full of anti-Semites?

The biggest change has been secular law winning out in much of the Christian world which has protected minority rights.

Also, most responses in this thread are extremely predictable and shortsighted.

Hall Of Fame
    Christian like Israel because they think that the final battle of Armageddon will be fought there and the nation of Israel must survive for that to happen....just so they can be destroyed by God-person.

Their friendship with the nation of Israel is disingenuous and freaking creepy. Kinda like befriending the old man down the street 2 weeks before he dies so that he'll give you his lawn tractor on his deathbed. Weirdos.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4009444]No doubt including most of them being wiped out in mostly Christian Europe.[/quote]

Forgive me. Post WWII.

[quote]You think France who I believe is primarily a Catholic country isn't full of anti-Semites?[/quote]

Of course they are. I was more referring to America but there are still supporters of Israel in Europe, including a big one in England.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009475]Forgive me. Post WWII.

Of course they are. I was more referring to America but there are still supporters of Israel in Europe, including a big one in England.[/QUOTE]

Madonna? :confused:

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009475]Forgive me. Post WWII.

Of course they are. I was more referring to America but there are still supporters of Israel in Europe, including a big one in England.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to boil this over because I don't think it really matters that much since most of the West protects religous freedom through secular law.

Reality is there are many Christians who support Israel who are also anti-semetic.

Not that it's such a big deal because frankly who cares as long as its not acted on.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4009489]I don't want to boil this over because I don't think it really matters that much since most of the West protects religous freedom through secular law.

Reality is there are many Christians who support Israel who are also anti-semetic.

Not that it's such a big deal because frankly who cares as long as its not acted on.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4009355]I don't think he is Christian for any reason other than he found it politically expedient to be so during his campaign.[/QUOTE]

Agreed for the most part. Obama is an atheist who figured out a long time ago that it's basically impossible to enter the American political arena without a religion under your belt.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;4008626]In making these types of Religious Dy Observance Pronouncements, the President appears to be favoring (i.e. making, and making more loudly via the non-Fox media) those of an Islamic stripe.

If giving the benefit of the doubt, it may simply be PR to Islam (both radical and the masses) to portray the U.S. as more Islamic-friendly than we may have appeared (to they of Islam) in the past.

I can't attribute more to it that that, as anything more starts veering into Conspiracy Theory land, fun place to visit, scary place to live.[/QUOTE]

i can....birds of a feather....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4008626]I can't attribute more to it that that, as anything more starts veering into Conspiracy Theory land...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CBTNY]i can....birds of a feather....[/QUOTE]

lolz

Bewildered Beast
    My 2 cents: The Right does a lot of screaming about "Christian values" and they allude back to Manifest Destiny.

It appears to me that Obama wants to turn down the volume of Christian yak, as it builds the impression that we are interested in promoting those ideas as our primary order of business. "The USA was founded on Christian ideals!"

That said, it seems petty to NOT recognize Easter. I can empathize strongly with the OP.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4008626]In making these types of Religious Dy Observance Pronouncements, the President appears to be favoring (i.e. making, and making more loudly via the non-Fox media) those of an Islamic stripe.
    [B]
    If giving the benefit of the doubt, it may simply be PR to Islam (both radical and the masses) to portray the U.S. as more Islamic-friendly than we may have appeared (to they of Islam) in the past[/B].

[B]I can't attribute more to it that that, as anything more starts veering into Conspiracy Theory land[/B], fun place to visit, scary place to live.[/QUOTE]

Damn; well said. I missed your post; this is what I was trying to point at. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4009613]That said, it seems petty to NOT recognize Easter. I can empathize strongly with the OP.[/QUOTE]

The man went to church on Easter, had an Easter "prayer breakfast" and had 30,000 people in his backyard rolling Easter eggs.

It's funny that he appears to have needed to issue an official utterance about it to make his Easter observation official. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4009613]My 2 cents: The Right does a lot of screaming about "Christian values" and they allude back to Manifest Destiny.

It appears to me that Obama wants to turn down the volume of Christian yak, as it builds the impression that we are interested in promoting those ideas as our primary order of business. "The USA was founded on Christian ideals!"

That said, it seems petty to NOT recognize Easter. I can empathize strongly with the OP.[/QUOTE]

yes- we Christians are bitterly clinging to our guns and religion....sound familiar??
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-26-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;4009827]yes- we Christians are bitterly clinging to our guns and religion....sound familiar??[/QUOTE]

The NRA, and the mopes like Falwell and the rest that act high and mighty in the name of Christianity? Well, that happens to count for something; shame that it's egg on your face as a Christian.

I understand you are pointing at the hypocrisy. That was the intent of my post towards the OP.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4009637]The man went to church on Easter, had an Easter "prayer breakfast" and had 30,000 people in his backyard rolling Easter eggs.

It's funny that he appears to have needed to issue an official utterance about it to make his Easter observation official. :P[/QUOTE]

The Easter Bunny died for our sins?

(not counting your mom's rabbit test of course)