Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHART: Big Corporate Jobs 1964 Vs. 2011

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4008974]Sorry guy, I have had a Blackberry since 2003. The Razor was a joke and it was a cheap phone.

Stay classy :yes:[/QUOTE]

Motorola makes good phones, the Droid X is great. If you have to stay dedicated to slow, only good for email, Blackberrys then you can get a water proof case or follow this and get it waterproofed. Personally I just avoid dropping my phone in the toilet in the first place.

[URL]http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/07/29/new-treatment-can-totally-waterproof-your-blackberry/[/URL]

[QUOTE=Trades;4009047]Motorola makes good phones, the Droid X is great. If you have to stay dedicated to slow, only good for email, Blackberrys then you can get a water proof case or follow this and get it waterproofed. Personally I just avoid dropping my phone in the toilet in the first place.

[URL]http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/07/29/new-treatment-can-totally-waterproof-your-blackberry/[/URL][/QUOTE]

PK made the point about water, I won't switch my BB because of the BBM, it's great to keep in touch with friends in other countries. I have no issues with the phone/email/texts etc. I only need the net for simple searches while out and the nav app is pretty good. I like my Otter Box cover thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4008974]Sorry guy, I have had a Blackberry since 2003. The Razor was a joke and it was a cheap phone.

Stay classy :yes:[/QUOTE]

You're not making any sense. You scoff at Motorola as if they aren't a significant factor in the cell phone market, then when it's pointed out that the Razr is one of the best selling phones ever, and the Droid one of the current hottest, you have no response to the topic but some odd attempt to sell us on your 8 year old Speak N' Spell. Keep the hits coming, superguy.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4009062]You're not making any sense. You scoff at Motorola as if they aren't a significant factor in the cell phone market, then when it's pointed out that the Razr is one of the best selling phones ever, and the Droid one of the current hottest, you have no response to the topic but some odd attempt to sell us on your 8 year old Speak N' Spell. Keep the hits coming, superguy.[/QUOTE]

Top 3 selling phones in 2010, no Motorola phones to be found.

[url]http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/02/0204_cellphones/11.htm[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4008937]You just have to pay more for specialty items...[/QUOTE]

Yes. It might cost them upwards of $1.25 per phone to throw in a rubber gasket that keeps the thing from frying if wet. A very complicated, technical, state-of-the-art rubber gasket developed by NASA and used on the Voyager probe and Mars rovers. A whole $1.25.

Want it?

That'll be $299 + a 2 year commitment and the souls of your children. If you want an extension of the standard 36 hour in-store warranty, that'll be an additional $79.99.

Everything we own is crap. Garbage. Junk. Ev. Er. Y. Thing. All of it.

Your house? Particle board, vinyl siding. Your car? Vinyl, plastic, and cheap sheet metal. Look at your labels. Look where the crap is made. China. Taiwan. Cookie cutter, molded, mass produced, cheap garbage. Here today, gone tomorrow in a landfill. Ours is a generation that will be quickly forgotten by historians and archeologists hundreds of years from now. Nothing we have has any real value. It's all sh*t.
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 04-25-2011 at 11:01 PM.

All Pro
    [B]Top mobile manufacturers, by market penetration, Q4 2010, according to ComScore[/B]

[B]USA[/B]
    1 Samsung 24.8%
    2 LG 20.9%
    3 Motorola 16.7%

[URL]http://mobithinking.com/stats-corner/global-mobile-statistics-2011-all-quality-mobile-marketing-research-mobile-web-stats-su[/URL]

Smartphones [B]21.8[/B] percent of all handsets shipped.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 04-25-2011 at 10:59 PM.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4008891]Fifty years ago, the four most valuable U.S. companies employed an average of 430,000 people with an average market cap of $180 billion. This year, the four largest U.S. companies employ an average 120,000 people with an average market cap of $334 billion. [B]The titans of 2011 have twice the the value of their 1964 counterparts with a quarter of the employees.[/B]

You also don't take into account the fact that much of the income of todays companies are earned on foreign soil where they have workers.[/QUOTE]

It also shows that the 'trickle down' theory is a failed policy. The so called 'job makers' that the republicans always cheer for clearly do not make jobs. They continue to cut them

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4009163]It also shows that the 'trickle down' theory is a failed policy. The so called 'job makers' that the republicans always cheer for clearly do not make jobs. They continue to cut them[/QUOTE]

Jobs are the result of a vibrant economy. That happens when people can freely invest their time and capital into good ideas. You can't discount the terrible fiscal policy of our government over 5 decades as being a huge barrier to both investment and freedom.

Trickle down is a meaningless catch phrase. Tax policy, redistribution, regulation are not meaningless. Neither is decade after decade of unproductive wars that drain both the treasury and human capital.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-26-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Allegedly the economy was 'vibrant' during the Bush years, but American industry created very few jobs.

Trickle down is what Reagan used as an economic policy to win his elections. So I would think think that it is more than a 'catch phrase'. Furthermore, the top 1% did get a great deal of wealth, creating a severe imbalance for the nation.

I agree with the tax policy and war statements. Clearly counterproductive to nation building

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4009233]Allegedly the economy was 'vibrant' during the Bush years, but American industry created very few jobs.

Trickle down is what Reagan used as an economic policy to win his elections. So I would think think that it is more than a 'catch phrase'. Furthermore, the top 1% did get a great deal of wealth, creating a severe imbalance for the nation.

I agree with the tax policy and war statements. [B]Clearly counterproductive to nation building[/B][/QUOTE]

unless they are nation building the places where the war took place. Of course, that does not help us here.....but they still use our tax money to allow the corporations to go about their business of war profiteering. And then the politicians get rewarded for their dishonesty and corruption by taking high paying private sector jobs in those same corporations when they leave office.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4009286]unless they are nation building the places where the war took place. Of course, that does not help us here.....but they still use our tax money to allow the corporations to go about their business of war profiteering. And then the politicians get rewarded for their dishonesty and corruption by [B][COLOR="Red"]taking high paying private sector jobs in those same corporations when they leave office[/COLOR][/B].[/QUOTE]

And on the flip side of that, the CXO's of said war profiteering company's set public policy as they sit on such and such committee while those same politicians are in office.

Think that the game is not rigged?

[QUOTE=cr726;4008835]Really? What am I missing in this article?

[url]http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-03-22/infrastructure/29173875_1_t-mobile-at-t-outsourcing[/url][/QUOTE]

Mobility allocated 21 billion to its wireless network in 2010.

A drop in the bucket.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009397]Mobility allocated 21 billion to its wireless network in 2010.

A drop in the bucket.[/QUOTE]

Does AT&T outsource or not?

[QUOTE=cr726;4009414]Does AT&T outsource or not?[/QUOTE]

They outsource. Forgive me for not saying they outsource less than 5% of their budget per quarter.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4008822][B]AT&T doesn't outsource to other nations.[/B]
    They outsource to smaller American companies which wouldn't reflect under 'employment'.

Those companies didn't exist in 1964.[/QUOTE]

Where would I get that idea from?

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4009163]It also shows that the 'trickle down' theory is a failed policy. The so called 'job makers' that the republicans always cheer for clearly do not make jobs. They continue to cut them[/QUOTE]

In a free society the Government should not have an economic policy. The idea of economic policy is a huge part of the problem.

[QUOTE=cr726;4009437]Where would I get that idea from?[/QUOTE]

Yawn.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4009286]unless they are nation building the places where the war took place. Of course, that does not help us here.....but they still use our tax money to allow the corporations to go about their business of war profiteering. And then the politicians get rewarded for their dishonesty and corruption by taking high paying private sector jobs in those same corporations when they leave office.[/QUOTE]

The same corporations that most of you are complaining don't hire enough Americans. Priceless.

Jets Insider VIP
    so much wrong with this thread i don't know where to begin.

it is frightening some people's level of understanding of economics. especially as it relates to the global scale.