Thread: My final mock (with trades)

My final mock (with trades)

1 (1) Carolina Panthers: Marcell Dareus - DT - Alabama
    The Panthers shake up the draft right off the bat and destroy many a mock draft. The Panthers need help in a number of areas and take a safer looking pick than any of the QB's

1 (2) Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson - CB - LSU
    Denver was counting on getting Dareus and have to go to plan B, their defense was hideous last year (25th vs pass) and though they still have Champ Bailey, he is getting older and Perrish Cox has his legal problems.

1 (3) Buffalo Bills: Von Miller - OLB - Texas A&M
    Bills were last vs the run and 28th in sacks last year. They resist the temptation to go QB.

(Trade: Tennessee 1-8, 2-39 for Cincinatti 1-4, 4-101. Titans want to get ahead of Arizona)

1 (4) Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri

The Titans boldly trade up to get the Qb they want.

(Trade: Minnesota 1-12, 2-43, 5th for Arizona 1-5. Vikings want to get ahead of SanF, Cin, Wash)

1 (5) Minnesota Vikings: Cam Newton - QB - Auburn.
    When Newton slides a few spots the Vikings trade up to get him. Leslie Frazer has stated he wants to come out of this draft with his franchise QB.

1 (6) Cleveland Browns: AJ Green - WR - Georgia
    The Browns need help at WR, Green fits the bill.

(Trade: Houston 1-11, 3-73, 5-138 for San Francisco 1-7. Texans want to get ahead of Dallas and Cincinnatti.)

1 (7) Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

The Texans were dead last in pass defense last year and move up to get one of the top CB's

1 (8) Cincinnatti Bengals: Robert Quinn - DE - North Carolina

Bengals were 29th in sacks last year, need meets speed.

(Trade: St. Louis 1-14, 3-78, 4-112 for Dallas 1-9, 7-220. Rams want to get ahead of Washington.)

1 (9) St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones - WR - Alabama
    The Rams get their weapon for Sam Bradford, they were the 21st rated passing offense last year.

1 (10) Washington Redskins - Cam Jordan - DE - California
    Skins were 31st vs the pass, 26th vs the run.

1 (11) San Francisco 49'ers - Aldon Smith - DE/OLB Missouri
    The 49'ers were middle of the pack in sacks and might very well lose Manny Lawson.

1 (12) Arizona Cardinals - Tyron Smith - OT - USC
    Cardinals have needs at QB and D-line but opt for shoring up the o-line they were last and next to last in running and passing offense.

1 (13) Detorit Lions - Anthony Costanzo - OT - Boston College
    The top Cb's are off the board the Lions have had a need at OT for years and finally address that position.

1 (14) Dallas Cowboys - Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn
    The Cowboys were looking at CB and OT but when Fairley falls to them they grab him.

1 (15) Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey - OG - Florida
    The Dolphins had the 21st run offense last year and they like to run the ball. They take the top rated interior lineman.

1 (16) Jacksonville Jaguars - Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson
    Jags were 30th in sacks last year and seem to need DE's every year.

1 (17) New England Patriots - J.J. Watt - DE - Wisconsin
    The Pats have a big need at DE and take Watt.

(Trade: Pittsburgh 1-31, 2-63, 5-162 for S.D. 1-18. The Steelers want to get ahead of NYG, Ind, N.E.)

1 (18) Pittsburgh Steelers - Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin
    The Steelers were 4th in sacks given up and need to upgrade the o-line.

1 (19) New York Giants - Corey Liuget - DT - Illinois

The Giants have an o-line need but also need help on the interior of the d-line.

1 (20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Muhammed Wilkerson - DT - Temple
    Tampa Bay was 28th versus the run last year and need help all along their D-line.

(Trade: New England 1-28, 3-92 for Kansas City 1-21 The Pats change gears this year and trade up to get help now, they want to get ahead of Indy)

1 (21) New England Patriots - Derek Sherrod - OT - Mississippis State
    The Pats were 5th in sacks given up last year and Brady has taken a few beats in the playoffs the last few years. Time to upgrade the o-line.

1 (22) Indianapolis Colts - Phil Taylor - DT - Baylor
    The Colts were 25th vs the run last year and seem to get pushed around up front every year. They decided to get a true run plugger.

1 (23) Philadelphia Eagles - Ryan Kerrigan - DE - Purdue
    Andy Read likes his d-lineman and needs some help at the end position.

1 (24) New Orleans Saints - Akeem Ayers - OLB - UCLA
    The Saints olb's are aging and need to be upgraded.

1 (25) Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker - QB - Washington

The Hawks need a Qb and decide to take a chance on Locker.

1 (26) Baltimore Ravens - Cam Heyward - DE - OSU
    The Ravens need some help at DE and take Heyward.

1 (27) Atlanta Falcons - Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa
    Clayborns stock has been falling but he's a solid player who has been productive in college. The Falcons were 20th in sacks last year.

(Trade: Green Bay 1-32, 3-96 for Kansas City 1-28, 5-135. The Packers want to get ahead of Chicago.)

1 (28) Green Bay - Nate Solder - OT - Colorado
    The Packers picked Bulaga last year but the Chad Clifton is almost done and Rogers got beaten up early last year.

(Trade: Buffalo Bills 2-34, 4-100 for Chicago 1-29. The Bills want to get their QB)

1 (29) Buffalo Bills - Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas
    The Bills trade up to get a QB who can sit behind Fitzpatrick for a year or two before staarting.

(Trade: Arizona Cardinals 2-38, 4-103, 5-139 for New York Jets 1-30. The Cardinals want to get ahead of Cincinnatti.)

1 (30) Arizona Cardinals - Christian Ponder - QB - FSU
    The Cardinals want to get a QB of the future.

1 (31) San Diego Chargers - Danny Watkins - OG - Baylor
    The Chargers seem strong in most spots but were 15th in running offense. The interior of the line needs help.

1 (32) Kansas City Chiefs - Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado
    The Chiefs find someone opposite of Brandon Flowers. KC was 17th vs the pass last year.

New York Jets

2 (38) Aaron Williams - CB/S - Texas

3 (94) Chris Carter - OLB - Fresno State

4 - (103) Sione Fua - DE/NT - Stanford

4 - (126) Jaiquwan Jarrett - FS - Temple

5 - (139) Jah Reid - OT - UCF

5 - (161) Andre Smith - TE - Virginia Tech

6 - (194) David Carter - DE - UCLA

7 - (208) Kealoha Pilares - WR - Hawaii

If we are trading out of the 1st round, I hope we can get more than a 4th and 5th for it. At least a 3rd round pick should be included.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If we are trading out of the 1st round, I hope we can get more than a 4th and 5th for it. At least a 3rd round pick should be included.
    we also get the cards 2nd rounder in that scenario...

Veteran
    I personally think that Arizona will trade with the Patriots for the 2nd pick in the 1st round to take Jake Locker to get ahead of Seattle.

All Pro
    Well let me first say - hats off to you for a very ambitious mock draft. That's going the distance with all the trades. Very hard to predict.

Cheers to:

-the number of ballsy trades. I almost can't scrutinize your picks cause they so unconventional in where the teams are picking.

-drafting Chris Carter for us.

-drafting us a TE - woo hoo!

- giving the bills Von Miller and Mallet. thats some sweetness.

A smarmy frown to:

-man... let it go! CAR selects Cam Newton. say it with me.

-still not buying STL Jones trade up scenario.

-Couple things you probably knew and formed your own opinion yet; but sea's not high locker, bengals are quoted to be going for offense. Pass on Jones at 8? Apparently King says NE is not taking Watt. FWIW

-I find it hard to fathom leaving Smith on the board, but i know how you feel about him.

-Have the steelers ever traded up recently?

-Someone sell me Jarret please.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    we also get the cards 2nd rounder in that scenario...
    I know. Our 1st rounder for their second round pick PLUS a 4th and 5th? Thats not enough. Their 3rd should be in the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    I know. Our 1st rounder for their second round pick PLUS a 4th and 5th? Thats not enough. Their 3rd should be in the equation.
    We are only moving down 8 spots in that scenario from 30 to 38. (I don't disagree that we should hold out for a 3rd but I was going via draft value chart for the most part and the Jets have not been hard and fast about getting value when trading down in the past.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

New York Jets

2 (38) Aaron Williams - CB/S - Texas

3 (94) Chris Carter - OLB - Fresno State

4 - (103) Sione Fua - DE/NT - Stanford

4 - (126) Jaiquwan Jarrett - FS - Temple

5 - (139) Jah Reid - OT - UCF

5 - (161) Andre Smith - TE - Virginia Tech

6 - (194) David Carter - DE - UCLA

7 - (208) Kealoha Pilares - WR - Hawaii
    Very nice.

Not the biggest Williams fan, but he would offer nice versatility as a potential starting FS / nickel CB.

Love the Carter pick in round 3, and Fua in round 4.

Like the Reid and Smith picks in the 5th, and would LOVE David Carter in the 6th.

Overall, if the Jets draft ends up looking like this, you would hear no complaints from me.

Yeah a lot of people would roast me on the Williams pick especially since the following players were still on the board as I mocked. (Reed, Sheard, Bailey, Ballard).

In the grand scheme of things, if we can get a solid start in any of DE, OLB, S I'll be happy come draft day.