Thread: Radio City Music Hall

Rookie

Radio City Music Hall

Hi,

Great timing. Will be in NY this coming THU for the 1st round.

How can I access the RMCH? I've been told tix were free but you had to wait in line most of the day. I'm working that day. Is there a way to secure a ticket another way? Scalpers?

Not sure how well you know the City or where you're staying, but Radio City Music Hall is walking distance from Penn Station. Around 15 blocks north. You can also take the subway to Rockefeller Center.

As far as attending the draft, I found this info on NFL.com

[QUOTE]All persons wishing for an opportunity to attend the Draft on Thursday, April 28 may line up beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27 on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall with wristband distribution beginning at approximately midnight. Wristbands to secure a ticket for entry into the Draft on Thursday will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. All persons wishing to attend the Draft must be present in order to receive a wristband. No exceptions will be made.

[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f27dcb/article/fan-guidelines-for-attending-2011-nfl-draft"]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f27dcb/article/fan-guidelines-for-attending-2011-nfl-draft[/URL]

Better boo the NFL and players for not getting this settled and ruining our offseason.

Rookie
    Thx,

Anyone acquired tix on site (scalpers) in the past?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=@lex;4008892]
    How can I get to Radio City Music Hall?[/QUOTE]

... practice ... practice ... practice! ...

(sorry, had to do unfunny old person joke :baghead:)

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When I went it was at the Theater in MSG. That day it wasn't full and my guess is the new format won't help fill RCMH. The more recent attendees would have a better idea, but I bet you could just walk right up.

Rookie
    Please help. NEED to be there!

With the 30th pick... ;)

[QUOTE=@lex;4009560]Please help. NEED to be there!

With the 30th pick... ;)[/QUOTE]

You can't rely on scalpers. They give you wristbands the day before after waiting in line, and only people who return with the wristbands can get tickets (based on last year).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[url]http://www.radiocity.com/nfl-draft-2011.html[/url]

The NFL Draft is a free event, however seating is very limited.

Night 1 Procedures (April 28):

All persons wishing for an opportunity to attend the Draft on Thursday, April 28 may line up beginning at 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27 on the 50th Street side of Radio City Music Hall with wristband distribution beginning at approximately midnight. Wristbands to secure a ticket for entry into the Draft on Thursday will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. All persons wishing to attend the Draft must be present in order to receive a wristband. No exceptions will be made.

Fans who receive these wristbands then may line up for entry into the Draft beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 28 at which time they will receive their ticket indicating their seat location. Tickets will be distributed at random. Doors open at 6:40 p.m. Fan entry will take place at the "Carriage Door Entrance" located on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.

l_j_r

Veteran
    I actually just found out that I've got a ticket to the first round through my buddy's employer. Pretty pumped. Anyone know if they sell food and/or alcohol there?

[QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4010628]I actually just found out that I've got a ticket to the first round through my buddy's employer. Pretty pumped. Anyone know if they sell food and/or alcohol there?[/QUOTE]

They sell food, and I believe alcohol as I recall.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4010628]I actually just found out that I've got a ticket to the first round through my buddy's employer. Pretty pumped. Anyone know if they sell food and/or alcohol there?[/QUOTE]

How can that work if it's based on wristbands and waiting in line? Are there different types of seats and are they assigned?