Thread: On the Clock

On the Clock

Today, I have learned what the real meaing of on the clock means...

My father a season ticket holder since 1968, is on the clock...he is having triple bi-pass surgery today.

One of the only things he looks forward to everyweek is his Sundays watching Jets football with the family.

I am optimistic and greatfull that he has a great medical team with him, and he will be at opening day again suffering more heart ache with the all of us Jets fans for many years to come...

So if you can keep my father in your prayers today, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... def will bro! ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;4009216]Today, I have learned what the real meaing of on the clock means...

My father a season ticket holder since 1968, is on the clock...he is having triple bi-pass surgery today.

One of the only things he looks forward to everyweek is his Sundays watching Jets football with the family.

I am optimistic and greatfull that he has a great medical team with him, and he will be at opening day again suffering more heart ache with the all of us Jets fans for many years to come...

So if you can keep my father in your prayers today, I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

My father.. (also a huge Jets fan of course.. attended superbowl 3).. had quadruple bypass about 7 years ago. He just celebrated his 62nd birthday
    yesterday and is doing great. Good luck.

Edit: Also.. he was in recovery about 3 days later for the epic Sox/Yanks boone walk off series. The nurse kept yelling at him for putting it on, but he would just sneak the channel and mute it when she left. Probably not the smartest move after work on his ticker. :O
    Last edited by Carlton; 04-26-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    he'll be better than ever when the finish the fix-up

I GUARANTEE IT.... Rex Ryan

Hall Of Fame
    I'll definitely extend your pops any good mojo I can, Bleed Green.

Best of luck.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green;4009216]Today, I have learned what the real meaing of on the clock means...

So if you can keep my father in your prayers today, I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

done man:yes:

My Dad had the same procedure in 1990. He's still around and was better for going through the bypass operation. Best wishes to your Dad for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Just don't show up at the hospital after his procedure with tapes of classic Jet blunders. :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4009532]My Dad had the same procedure in 1990. He's still around and was better for going through the bypass operation. Best wishes to your Dad for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Just don't show up at the hospital after his procedure with tapes of classic Jet blunders. :D[/QUOTE]

half the hampur guys will have this in the next few years and be fine after

we're just finishing up on our colonoscopy threads and about to move on to the next step

the success rate of bypasses is astounding

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

positive thoughts Bleed

my father-in-law had a quintupal by-pass a ways back, he's doing great at 85 :cool:

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4009540]half the hampur guys will have this in the next few years and be fine after

we're just finishing up on our colonoscopy threads and about to move on to the next step

[B]the success rate of bypasses is astounding[/B][/QUOTE]

Especially today. It was becoming routine back then, but not like now. BG's father will be up and around in no time.

I'll never forget my Dad's surgeon telling us his blockages were almost entirely attributable to smoking, not diet. If any of you guys smoke, and don't want to wind up like my Dad on the operating table for a bypass (or much worse), please give up the phuckin' cigarettes.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/jesus-nypraying.jpg[/IMG]

Most definitely praying your way, BG. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

SAR I

My dad had the same thing a fewe years ago. I rememebr being so worried for him. He is fine now and the experience made him more conscience about diet and exercise. I wish your dad well. Be strong.......

Veteran
    I wish you and your family nothing but the best BG!!! Nothing but a speedy recovery and more Jet victories :D

Just about 24 hours from surgery and the doctors are saying he is incredibly strong and doing well...I told them it's because his heart can take a lot, afterall he is true Jets fan...:yes:

Great news, BG.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;4010631]Just about 24 hours from surgery and the doctors are saying he is incredibly strong and doing well...I told them it's because his heart can take a lot, afterall he is true Jets fan...[/QUOTE]

Great news. Very glad that you've cleared the hurdle.

SAR I

Congrats!

You might wanna celebrate ... at Chandler, Arizona's

[img]http://www.businessblunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/heart_attack_menu.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ems12lead.com/files/2011/03/HeartAttackGrillWaitresses.jpg[/img]

[img]http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/girls-of-heart-attack-grill-1.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    edit
    Last edited by jetswin; 04-27-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: sorry for your loss, but there is nothing wrong with people showing compassion for each other here