Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

failed drug tests at Indy

Christian Ballard DT Iowa
    Justin Houston LB Georgia

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...ug-test-042611

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's why CBTNY suddenly said Ballard was going to drop I would guess. Would be nice to know what they failed for. Weed? Roids?

Funny thing is, nowadays I might have a bigger mark against a guy for roids than Weed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aha...now we know what the dumb Ballard move that CBNY was alluding to was...

And Houston? Wow...I knew his intelligence on the field had been questioned, but this is just so dumb.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer reporting it's for weed. It'll be interesting to see how far these guys drop.. If we're high on either of these guys, this could be a great opportunity for the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Houston I thought was an option for us....forget it now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They won't drop too far for that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Jay Glazer reporting it's for weed. It'll be interesting to see how far these guys drop.. If we're high on either of these guys, this could be a great opportunity for the Jets.
    Great opportunity? Ballard was going to be there anyway and probably Houston as well.

Either way, I dislike both players anyway so this is nothing bad in my mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some feeling that Ballard might fall all the way to late 2nd day with this news...

Assuming the failed test is indeed for weed and not 'roids, he'd be a great value pick for the Jets at the end of the 3rd to see if Rex can light a fire under him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Further proof that Houston is not a serious football player. The guy is a chump... Gholston part II.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Further proof that Houston is not a serious football player. The guy is a chump... Gholston part II.
    Yup...dumb, dumb, dumb.

How long does weed take to clear out of your system? These guys can't lay off the stuff for a week in advance of the Combine? Sheesh...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Great opportunity? Ballard was going to be there anyway and probably Houston as well.

Either way, I dislike both players anyway so this is nothing bad in my mind.
    I don't mean to get them at 30, but I mean having them fall into the second where the Jets can either trade back/up to get them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Some feeling that Ballard might fall all the way to late 2nd day with this news...

Assuming the failed test is indeed for weed and not 'roids, he'd be a great value pick for the Jets at the end of the 3rd to see if Rex can light a fire under him.
    I just think of Gholston and feel that no matter what the coach some players are dogs. Guys love to play for Rex but I really don't know how many coaches of any type can change players drastically in that way. I think Rex and channel a motivated guy into a good football players but not sure if he can turn a disinterested one into one. I guess we shall see this year with a guy like McKnight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I just think of Gholston and feel that no matter what the coach some players are dogs. Guys love to play for Rex but I really don't know how many coaches of any type can change players drastically in that way. I think Rex and channel a motivated guy into a good football players but not sure if he can turn a disinterested one into one. I guess we shall see this year with a guy like McKnight.
    Yes, that's the risk no doubt about it. But I'd be willing to see the Jets risk a 3rd round pick for a guy with that level of natural ability. It's boom or bust though, you're right about that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    didn't Percy Harvin also fail this drug test and ended up 20 or so in rd1?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    didn't Percy Harvin also fail this drug test and ended up 20 or so in rd1?
    Yup, 17th I believe. Talent trumps weed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    I don't mean to get them at 30, but I mean having them fall into the second where the Jets can either trade back/up to get them.
    don't even worry about that. Ballard was looking like a late 2nd/ early 3rd to begin with. We could have a shot at him in the 4th now. ,

...Houston? Somebody's still gonna pull on his strings in rnd 1. My guess ATL or BAL

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Christian Ballard DT Iowa
    Justin Houston LB Georgia

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/N...ug-test-042611
    That's another $50 in my pocket

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Yup...dumb, dumb, dumb.

How long does weed take to clear out of your system? These guys can't lay off the stuff for a week in advance of the Combine? Sheesh...
    Since you're from the land of "Trainspotting" you will appreciate that drugs like heroin or cocaine should be your drug of choice a month before the combine.

Pot can take up to six weeks to clear out of your system.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still remember us passing on Warren Sapp because of a rumored failed drug test. We should have taken him and given him all the pot he wanted. Instead, I think we took Kyle Brady, and he just played like he was stoned!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    The sad part is, weed will more than likely be legalized during the pro careers of this incoming draft class. We're moving in that direction and I wouldn't be surprised if its afait accompli (nationally) within the next five years.
    No it won't. Not even close. It may get more decriminalized in some places, but that's a far cry from legalized.