Thread: 6 Jets Report to Florham Park (So Far)

6 Jets Report to Florham Park (So Far)

Brandon Moore
    Mike DeVito
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Bart Scott
    David Harris

Most of the facilities are shut down, so they've just been arriving, walking around the halls and leaving. It's as much as they can do to fulfill the conditions for the workout bonuses that they want. That's more players than any other team I've heard of so far.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JB1089;4009315] That's more players than any other team I've heard of so far.[/QUOTE]

... good stuff! ...

l_j_r

All League
    As far as I'm concerned all of those players have 100% OTA attendance.
    The facility was opened for one day and they showed up. Therefore they
    are all eligible to collect their bonuses. The NFL and the owners who
    pushed this lockout garbage deserve all the $$$ pain they get

[QUOTE=KRL;4009340]As far as I'm concerned all of those players have 100% OTA attendance.
    pushed this lockout garbage deserve all the $$$ pain they get[/QUOTE]

Agreed, very smart of them to show up in good faith (or apparent good faith in the eyes of the law). The players and or their agents were on the ball.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=KRL;4009340]As far as I'm concerned all of those players have 100% OTA attendance.
    pushed this lockout garbage deserve all the $$$ pain they get[/QUOTE]

Yep those mean owners that even pay players to stay in shape and provide the best facility to use to do it in.. Need a massage after that work out no problem go see a trainer.. Have a problem in any area of your life?? People on staff can help you there too.. Partying and too drunk to drive?? Team will pick you up and get you home safe..(Unless your Braylon) Dam those greedy owners treating the players like dirt..:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4009351]Yep those mean owners that even pay players to stay in shape and provide the best facility to use to do it in.. Need a massage after that work out no problem go see a trainer.. Have a problem in any area of your life?? People on staff can help you there too.. Partying and too drunk to drive?? Team will pick you up and get you home safe..(Unless your Braylon) Dam those greedy owners treating the players like dirt..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Come on, Man...they're just protecting their investments, they could give a sh*t about these guys outside of that.

All League
    I believe this whole lockout is being pushed by a few owners (CIN, CAR, BUF)
    who historically have been cheap and haven't come into the 21st century
    in terms of creating other revenue streams. I think the majority of owners
    don't want any part of this and I believe Woody is one of them. Coming
    off of two AFC Championship games and the heat that's been generated
    by the team why would he want this garbage

All Pro
    [QUOTE=KRL;4009383]I believe this whole lockout is being pushed by a few owners (CIN, CAR, BUF)
    by the team why would he want this garbage[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I don't think Woody cares for it at all. I mean, we had so much momentum built up going into this season (despite some hurdles to overcome) that one would think he'd want to keep it going as smoothly as possible.

All Pro
    tid bit

[QUOTE](Rotoworld) Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson was turned down at the Jets' facility Tuesday morning when he tried to report to the team. Analysis: Ferguson is scheduled for a league-high $750,000 workout bonus, so he had all the incentive in the world to show up for "work." Unfortunately, the Jets denied Ferguson and Jerricho Cotchery access. Cotchery wanted to use the cold tub to help rehab his surgically repaired back. Ferguson and Cotchery could conceivably sue the Jets and/or the NFL for turning them down.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;4009370]Come on, Man...they're just protecting their investments, they could give a sh*t about these guys outside of that.[/QUOTE]

And you think the players give a crap about the owners??:cool:

All League
    I could just imagine the security staff at Florham Park having to hold
    Rex back from opening up the training facilities and welcoming the
    players back. You know he hates this

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4009432]And you think the players give a crap about the owners??:cool:[/QUOTE]

They have to, they're the ones that pay them! :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;4009447]They have to, they're the ones that pay them! :P[/QUOTE]

The players are nothing but high priced whores and the owners pimps.. Having been a pimp in the past I side with the pimps..:P

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4009348]Agreed, very smart of them to show up in good faith (or apparent good faith in the eyes of the law). The players and or their agents were on the ball.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I bet the agents were on the ball. It's a real smart move on their part.

It's easy to see why D'Brick showed up. He's got 750,000 due to him in workout bonuses. Reasonabe to think he would have at least checked to see if he could work out when he has that much money riding on it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=KRL;4009383]I believe this whole lockout is being pushed by a few owners (CIN, CAR, BUF)
    by the team why would he want this garbage[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but as the owners include some "haves" and "have nots" so does the players. The vast majority of guys are not making $10M per year. The average duration of an NFL career is about 3-4 years. So what you have is a union that wants to play both ends of the negotiation....they want guaranteed money, guaranteed minimums, incredible healthcare and benefits for life, etc. At the same time, you have guys who want the benefits of a free market. There are some players in the league making minimums who wouldn't command $100K in a free market. They love the fact that they'll get liftetime benefits and retirement and clear $4 to $5 million in a short career playing a game they love. Other guys want a no-holds-barred free market where Peyton Manning or Darrelle Revis can walk up to Dan Snyder and say, "Give me $200M and let's win a Super Bowl in the next two years."

I am not for the owners or the players here, I just think that we've got two groups of people with remarkably similar characteristics who, within their own groups, have very different interests. If you don't believe me just look at the group of 75 or so players who retained their own lawyers and said we want a seat at the table because we're not quite sure that Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are really fighting for the interests of all of us. Same thing on the owners side....Dallas, Washington, NY, New England have very different ownership characteristics than Buffalo, Carolina, etc.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4009984]Possibly, but as the owners include some "haves" and "have nots" so does the players. The vast majority of guys are not making $10M per year. The average duration of an NFL career is about 3-4 years. So what you have is a union that wants to play both ends of the negotiation....they want guaranteed money, guaranteed minimums, incredible healthcare and benefits for life, etc. At the same time, you have guys who want the benefits of a free market. There are some players in the league making minimums who wouldn't command $100K in a free market. They love the fact that they'll get liftetime benefits and retirement and clear $4 to $5 million in a short career playing a game they love. Other guys want a no-holds-barred free market where Peyton Manning or Darrelle Revis can walk up to Dan Snyder and say, "Give me $200M and let's win a Super Bowl in the next two years."

I am not for the owners or the players here, I just think that we've got two groups of people with remarkably similar characteristics who, within their own groups, have very different interests. If you don't believe me just look at the group of 75 or so players who retained their own lawyers and said we want a seat at the table because we're not quite sure that Drew Brees, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are really fighting for the interests of all of us. Same thing on the owners side....Dallas, Washington, NY, New England have very different ownership characteristics than Buffalo, Carolina, etc.[/QUOTE]

Great analysis, my thinking runs along the same lines; both sides want absolute guarantees, but each side's absolute security means absolute insecurity for the other side.