View Poll Results: Which do you believe?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama WAS born outside the U.S., AND the U.S. government or Israel WAS involved in 9/11

1 4.00%
  • Obama NOT born outside the U.S., AND the U.S. government or Israel NOT involved in 9/11

21 84.00%
  • Obama WAS born outside the U.S., AND the U.S. government or Israel NOT involved in 9/11

1 4.00%
  • Obama NOT born outside the U.S., AND the U.S. government or Israel WAS involved in 9/11

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this enough for birthers? (MERGED 2X)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=drunk kid catholic;4010065]you should ban yourself[/QUOTE]

Nah. Causes hairy palms. And crossed eyes.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4009755]Apparently you're the only person this issue bothers more than Tucker.

WHO ****ING CARES???????????[/QUOTE]

+ a million

I'd be willing to bet hard coin hoss that the actual percentage of birthers in this country is way down there... very, very low. It's target practice for drive-by liberals like Tyler though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4010109]+ a million

I'd be willing to bet hard coin hoss that the actual percentage of birthers in this country is way down there... very, very low. It's target practice for drive-by liberals like Tyler though.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49554.html[/url]

it's a bigger percentage than truthers, that's for sure.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4010050]:rotfl:

I find it hilarious that you came in the poli forum, starting throwing the rules around to other posters and ended up breaking one yourself to get banned.

The ironing :yes:[/QUOTE]

:huh:

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4010157][url]http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49554.html[/url]

it's a bigger percentage than truthers, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

With all polls, it helps to understand the background of a poll, how the questions were asked, what questions were asked, and most importantly of all -- how many respondents participated.

400 Republican primary voters were picked for the poll. 400 is a small number of respondents for a nationwide poll, and introduces a 4.9% sampling error. That's pretty big; it means that even though the supposed number is 51%, that can go either way 4.9 points. So either [B]56%[/B] of primary voters believe Obama was born outside of the nation, or [B]46%[/B]. Anywhere inside that 10 percent is nothing better than a guess.

Not to mention the fact that they chose primary voters, whatever that means. People most likely to vote in the primary? People who are only hardcore, far-right conservatives? People who are mostly old, white men and women? It's impossible to tell how the respondents were chosen, what demographics were heavily represented, and how the results were weighted (as they'd have to be, with a top-heavy demographic).

To further illustrate how odd this poll is, it was done on February 11th. At this point, according to the poll, 83% of Palin supporters believed that Obama was born outside the country, 64% of Huckabee supporters, and 59% of Gingrich supporters. Here's the curveball: only 33% of Trump supporters believed that Obama is foreign-born. WTF? Why do Trump supporters represent the lowest percentage of birthers in this poll? Because the poll was done 2.5 months ago, before Trump became king of the birthers.

The point is, this poll is not as accurate as you want to believe. All this information can be found here: [url]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_US_0215.pdf[/url]
    Digging around the background of polls is fun. It's like reading baseball statistics -- numbers rarely lie, but journalists do when trying to make a point.
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 04-27-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4009904]You'd be hard pressed to find a truther outside of Fatman on this board...[/QUOTE]

That's good news. I'm of the opinion that anyone who believes the "birther" argument is likely just as naive to believe a "truther" argument. I'm a fairly conservative guy, slightly right of Center socially, farther right fiscally, but with everything I've seen/heard I'm pretty convinced that President Obama was born in Hawaii. I'm also convinced that the 9/11 attacks were not some grand conspiracy by the US Government, Israel, etc. and were exactly what we've been led to believe, a horrific attack by Muslim extremists.

I don't like Obama but I'm hoping to see him voted out of office because of his poor policies, his focus on trying to solve the wrong problems at the wrong time, and his apologetic attitude about America towards the rest of the world. But, I'm not going to hang my hat on some conspiracy theory that had to have been hatched at his birth and has been refuted multiple times. We'll get him out of office because he has the wrong ideas and a horrible leadership style.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Obama was not born here, Hillary would be POTUS. There is no way she would not have exploited that position.

As for 911, Bush was too stupid to even spell his name. Subsequently, Cheney used the tragic incident to support a war in Iraq and the theories went thru the roof.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    O'dawg was PROBABLY born here...but there's sumthin sumthin on the original birth certificate that he does not want the American people to see. The guy's life is not an open book, which is a sham bc the lamestream media gave him a 100% free pass in '08. ONE question on William Ayers "He was just a dude from da hood, yo!"....anyway, that's my opinion so it may as well be yours

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

CNN Breaking News- Obama's long-form certificate being released

President Obama's long-form birth certificate is being released, the White House announced today.

FINALLY! let's put this ta bed...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Why wait so long if it has always been available?

[IMG]http://www.fauxfooddiner.com/silly/white_out.jpg[/IMG]

:alien:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty odd that no one has been found that knows him from his pre-teen days....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4010312]Pretty odd that no one has been found that knows him from his pre-teen days....[/QUOTE]

And that he has NO belly button. :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4010223] Subsequently, Cheney used the tragic incident to support a war in Iraq and the theories went thru the roof.[/QUOTE]

Any updates on the faked Apollo moon landings? :rofl:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Birther don't you come around here...any more.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e231uv5Ae34&feature=related[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4010312]Pretty odd that no one has been found that knows him from his pre-teen days....[/QUOTE]

Except for his kindergarden teachers, right?

[url]http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/513898.html?nav=5074[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this mean we get to see his medical and college transcripts as well?

...you know, for the belly button thing

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is STILL that missing week from 5th grade.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4010029]Listen kid, don't f--king deign to tell me what I am. I've told your naive snotnosed ass this once before. I brought up a point that was relative to the topic when someone asked about any evidence that might be out there, and didn't comment on it any other way.[/QUOTE]

Contrary evidence, yes. :yes: :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4010314]And that he has NO belly button. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Well then, he couldn't be Rosemary's baby. He was spawned directly from the head of Satan. ;)