Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Reid May Force A Senate Vote On Paul Ryan's Budget

Harry Reid just announced he will hold a vote on the Ryan budget.

Politics. No different than the Republicans forcing a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood and health care reform.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4010664]Harry Reid just announced he will hold a vote on the Ryan budget.

Politics. No different than the Republicans forcing a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood and health care reform.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Senate required to vote on the Ryan budget since it passed the House? What am I missing here?

[QUOTE=parafly;4010668]Isn't the Senate required to vote on the Ryan budget since it passed the House? What am I missing here?[/QUOTE]

The majority leader schedules votes. Usually a bill doesn't reach the floor when they know it won't pass. The Ryan budget was never going to pass a Democratic senate. So why schedule it. Well... they are scheduling it now so they can get Scott Browns of the world on record before he's up for re-election next year. Politics.

[QUOTE=parafly;4010668]Isn't the Senate required to vote on the Ryan budget since it passed the House? What am I missing here?[/QUOTE]

Since the Congress has been off the past two weeks, he may be doing this without much debate

Reed is a useless Obama Whore. Lets see what happens when Obama wants the debt seiling raised.