Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry Reid May Force A Senate Vote On Paul Ryan's Budget

Banned
    Harry Reid just announced he will hold a vote on the Ryan budget.

Politics. No different than the Republicans forcing a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood and health care reform.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Harry Reid just announced he will hold a vote on the Ryan budget.

Politics. No different than the Republicans forcing a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood and health care reform.
    Isn't the Senate required to vote on the Ryan budget since it passed the House? What am I missing here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Isn't the Senate required to vote on the Ryan budget since it passed the House? What am I missing here?
    The majority leader schedules votes. Usually a bill doesn't reach the floor when they know it won't pass. The Ryan budget was never going to pass a Democratic senate. So why schedule it. Well... they are scheduling it now so they can get Scott Browns of the world on record before he's up for re-election next year. Politics.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Since the Congress has been off the past two weeks, he may be doing this without much debate

All League
    Reed is a useless Obama Whore. Lets see what happens when Obama wants the debt seiling raised.