Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Editorial in NYT re:voting

  1. #21
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Is a Mexican Passport okay?
    lol

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    lol
    Why beat around the bush.

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The easier it is to register to vote the better, but to actually vote, photo ID is not a crazy requirement.
    Yep, I agree.

    In fact, I would back-end tie Voter Registration to ALL Government Service.

    Of course, it should be remembered that I am also supportive of denying all Govt. services to illegals, making my system work much better. /shrug.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,924
    Elections are pretty important to both sides I would hope. So make it a requirement to have an ID whether a birth certificate or voter id!

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    that is to say, it's not a "problem" at all.

    it's a fictional problem.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

    There was no evidence of voter fraud in the last presidential election...

    Amirite?

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    New York, for one
    Everytime I've voted, I've had to show a photo ID.

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Valley Stream, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,969
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Everytime I've voted, I've had to show a photo ID.
    For me, never - and I've often wondered why not.

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

    There was no evidence of voter fraud in the last presidential election...

    Amirite?
    not enough to sway the outcome.

  9. #29
    Charter JI Member
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,276
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    not enough to sway the outcome.
    wtf

    Bit, seriously, I can't believe the things you say sometimes.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Everytime I've voted, I've had to show a photo ID.
    The only way that is possible if is you did not present photo ID when you registered to vote and have only voted once in the State of New York.

    It is otherwise illegal for you to be asked to show photo ID.

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    not enough to sway the outcome.
    I don't like to resort to name calling but you're such a little bit*ch. Pun intended.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    not enough to sway the outcome.
    This is either TX style trolling, or you're just that dumb.

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I don't like to resort to name calling but you're such a little bit*ch. Pun intended.
    Nice.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The only way that is possible if is you did not present photo ID when you registered to vote and have only voted once in the State of New York.

    It is otherwise illegal for you to be asked to show photo ID.
    My assumption is that each state has its own procedures.

    I never showed a photo ID during voter registration in NJ or CO. My NJ registration was done online and my CO registration was done at the DMV while getting my new CO drivers license.

    I have been asked to present an ID every time I have voted in both states. I wonder what would happen if I refused?

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,165
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The only way that is possible if is you did not present photo ID when you registered to vote and have only voted once in the State of New York.

    It is otherwise illegal for you to be asked to show photo ID.
    I dunno. Maybe I look shifty.

    Besides, WTF does a "photo ID" do? Y'all realize that those are probably the easiest things in the world to fake, right? I think people should have to submit to a retinal scan. You can't fake a retinal scan. Word.

  16. #36
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    This is either TX style trolling, or you're just that dumb.
    There's more of a chance of voter machine fraud than widespread voter fraud.

    Let me know when they outlaw Diebold machines we can talk about photo iD

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I dunno. Maybe I look shifty.

    Besides, WTF does a "photo ID" do? Y'all realize that those are probably the easiest things in the world to fake, right? I think people should have to submit to a retinal scan. You can't fake a retinal scan. Word.
    Apparently you missed the movie "Minority Report."

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Apparently you missed the movie "Minority Report."
    Great flick. PKD ftw.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    There's more of a chance of voter machine fraud than widespread voter fraud.

    Let me know when they outlaw Diebold machines we can talk about photo iD
    This is like saying you don't need to ever change the oil in your car as long as you keep the gas tank full

  20. #40
    Moderator VIP Visionary
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,177
    That’s fine with Gov. Sam Brownback, who said he signed the bill because it’s necessary to “ensure the sanctity of the vote.” Actually, Kansas has had only one prosecution for voter fraud in the last six years. But because of that vast threat to Kansas democracy, an estimated 620,000 Kansas residents who lack a government ID now stand to lose their right to vote.
    This seems cold on the surface; and just WHAT is the KS Governors Office doing to rectify this situation? Send them all to bed without supper?

    The implicit message is "Self-reliance wins". However, this is pretty much a move that disenfranchises over half a million people. Where is the Governor's sense of civic duty?

    Isn't this the behavior that the Constitution seeks to eradicate?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us