Thread: Cedric Thornton

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedric Thornton

Did i miss a thread on him earlier?

I have on my draft board, but in all of my mocks i either had Heyward @ 30, or a Bailey/Ellis in a rnd 2 trade back scenario..

However... If we go another direction in rnds 1/3, this is a guy I like, but i can't say i know much about him besides i've read or seen recently

any insight?

I loved this particular bit

Southern Arkansas defensive tackle Cedric Thornton proved he belonged in the weigh-in (6-3 5/8, 299) and made it clear he wouldn't back down on the field. He constantly talked to O'Dowd, Florida State's Rodney Hudson, and others as he tried to beat them in team drills and one-on-one, even slapping their helmets in a playful way as the plays ended and they returned to the starting blocks. He won few battles on the day, but held his own by standing up against double-team blocks and giving full effort on every play. Hudson overmatched him in one-on-one drills, but Thornton came back on the next rep to push Hudson backward into the tackling dummy serving as the quarterback.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySeiiTNdZs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    feisty but athletic limitations make him more of a rd 6/7 type of pick than a rd 3/4 type of pick. definitely could be useful to Rex

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Played in the senior bowl so go back to that if you want to see him against some good players.

I don't remember him completely, but I remember it being pretty good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    feisty but athletic limitations make him more of a rd 6/7 type of pick than a rd 3/4 type of pick. definitely could be useful to Rex
    Ya, thats where he's been graded, but i've seen him mocked in rnds 5. There's a couple guys like him and Zane Parr from viginia that i like as late round projects at DE if we end up going more the OLB/CB and such direction early on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Pretty much this...

Other guys who fit this mold:

Terrell McClain USF
    Lawrence Guy ASU
    David Carter UCLA - Less so than these other guys, but moreso than most.
    Ian Williams ND
    I guess I'll throw Martin Paker's (Richmond) name here too.
    Corbin Bryant Northwestern
    Colby Whitlock Texas A&M
    Elisha Joseph Temple
    Zach Clayton AUB