Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AYERS: Would be an honor to play for jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36hh...eature=related

Watch the 2 plays against Texas starting at 1:00......Just shows you the versatility and natural instincts on the football field Ayers has.....The burst off the edge in the second play is really impressive IMO as well

I would love for him to be the pick, and I have felt this way for a while now.....the more I research and read up on Ayers, the more I really hope he becomes a Jet tomorrow

I have no doubt in my mind Rex would love this guy in his defense.....he's built for a complex and versatile defense like we have

he's built for a complex and versatile defense like we have
    +1

I'm basically waxing this guy's balls lately, but he went from someone I thought was overrated as hell last year to my favorite DE/OLB prospect in a long time. His game, to sound like even more of a douche, is very modern. His weakness, physical strength, isn't a killer by any means. In fact, it's probably one of the easiest things to fix when the player is as talented and hard working as this guy. Whoever gets this guy is getting one of the best and most projectable players in this draft.

Unfortunately I think he can be gone as early as 17-18 to the Pats/Chargers, and might not make it past the Chiefs...or the Ravens, who I'd really like to see Jimmy Smith go to...
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-28-2011 at 03:27 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

Watch the 2 plays against Texas starting at 1:00......
    Can i watch it in Fast Forward? Seriously, some people aren't listening. I don't give a **** about his versatility or all world skills.

If we drafting an OLB at 30, with no more picks till the bottom of the 3rd (sixty someting players later) then that guy better be able to rush the passer. Thats not what Ayers will do well in the pros. He will do alot of things well. Sacking QBs is not one of them.

^^ There's at least a couple plays in there where he's up against an OT with his hand in the ground...it's a highlight so it ends positively, but the burst and athleticism isn't unimpressive. I think his pass rush ability is completely underrated simply because he played LB instead of DE in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Can i watch it in Fast Forward? Seriously, some people aren't listening. I don't give a **** about his versatility or all world skills.

If we drafting an OLB at 30, with no more picks till the bottom of the 3rd (sixty someting players later) then that guy better be able to rush the passer. Thats not what Ayers will do well in the pros. He will do alot of things well. Sacking QBs is not one of them.
    I feel like Akeem Ayers has good a chance as any other OLB's projected at our pick or later to be a successful NFL pass-rusher. I just think that he is one of the sure things to be a good overall NFL player. He will be a playmaker at some level in the NFL......If you take Brooks Reed or Justin Houston, and they suck as an NFL pass-rusher, than you're beat......Not the case with Ayers

All Pro
    well the way things are shaping up this moring, i'm thinking i'd be happy to have Ayers. Something about Taylor isn't setting well today.

So... the Titties landed this dude. The reactions have been pretty polarized... ranging from perfect versatile guy, who can rush the passer, drop back in coverage etc... to very average, slow and can't tackle.

New DC Jerry Grey has said they'll use multiple fronts this year including a 3-4 looks using Ayers as an edge rusher.... but the Titans' talent dictates they'll be in the 4-3 the majority of the time.

If you can tear your thoughts away from the Jets draft for a moment now that he's no longer a possible Jet, what are your honest thoughts on Ayers (especially as a 4-3 backer).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    So... the Titties landed this dude. The reactions have been pretty polarized... ranging from perfect versatile guy, who can rush the passer, drop back in coverage etc... to very average, slow and can't tackle.

New DC Jerry Grey has said they'll use multiple fronts this year including a 3-4 looks using Ayers as an edge rusher.... but the Titans' talent dictates they'll be in the 4-3 the majority of the time.

If you can tear your thoughts away from the Jets draft for a moment now that he's no longer a possible Jet, what are your honest thoughts on Ayers (especially as a 4-3 backer).
    don't care about the titans, therefore, i have never heard of this ayers guy.

Since the Jets grabbed Ellis, I have only minimal rage over not drafting Ayers. Of course minimal rage could still destroy a small city in like Jaca, Spain, but nothing shall come to pass!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So... the Titties landed this dude.

... photo's please ...

l_j_r

Great pick. All around football player. Love his game, and instincts. He can do it all.