Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Mayock has the Jets selecting Ayers!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... if we get either heyward or ayers i'll be a happy man ...

l_j_r
    Agree...

Heyward I still put slightly above Ayers because he's more of a sure thing but Ayers I would be happy with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    He's underrated here solely because of you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If both are available, I think we go Heyward, but I don't think its as clear cut as many think. I also think that there is a strong chance that Ayers goes before Heyward does.

Ayers is underrated on this board, IMO. I think he puts on 10-15 lbs naturally in the next two years (he's only 21) and will become a real player at OLB. Maybe not All Pro, but a real solid starter with the upside for more.
    +1...they're the same level of prospect to me, but Ayers has way more potential against the pass. Ayers has star potential as a 3-4 OLB...Heyward has it at DE...I'd take the upside anywhere, but gun to head I'm going with the OLB.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    +1...they're the same level of prospect to me, but Ayers has way more potential against the pass. Ayers has star potential as a 3-4 OLB...Heyward has it at DE...I'd take the upside anywhere, but gun to head I'm going with the OLB.
    I come to the same conclusion you do mostly on account of the potential guys in the 3rd round that the Jets could pick up - Ellis, Fua, Powe, etc. I'm not sure that there are comprable pass rushers (besides Chris Carter) in that range.

If the first two picks were OLB and DE, I think everyone on this board would be happy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I come to the same conclusion you do mostly on account of the potential guys in the 3rd round that the Jets could pick up - Ellis, Fua, Powe, etc. I'm not sure that there are comprable pass rushers (besides Chris Carter) in that range.

If the first two picks were OLB and DE, I think everyone on this board would be happy.
    Good call...I am not a big fan of the mid-round pass rushers except Reed and Acho...maybe Carter and Moch, both whom I underrate.

Ayers + Ellis alone would be a coup to me.