Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The I will be pizzed if... Thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The I will be pizzed if... Thread

What could happen tonight that would infuriate you? Not necessarily the Jets picks. Here are a few of mine:

- Robert Quinn slips to the Patriots or they trade up to get him. This guy is an absolute monster and will be one of the best speed rushers in the game right out of the gate.

- The Ravens take one of my prized front seven guys like Cam Heyward or Akeem Ayers. Greedy bastards! Fix your secondary instead please.

What are yours?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be pissed if my son doesn't go to sleep by 8pm tonight. Of all nights, my wife picked tonight to have some type of jewelry party so I need to deal with the kids. I might have him watch the draft with me for a minute, but that inevitably leads to "Can we watch a children's show?"

OTOH, pausing the draft and then having the ability to fast fwd through some of the slow stuff/commericials isn't a bad thing either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will add to your Pats thought, I'm not just worried about them getting Quinn but them finally actually using their assets to trade up and get a couple of very top end players. I hope they do their usual, trade back, trade for next year and never go up and get grade A quality players.

My other one is the Jets ending up with two draft picks after trading up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I could be happy about it depending on how the board drops....

watching 3 hours then having the Jets trade back into the 2nd round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be pissed if I sit up watching the draft until approx 3am (when the #30 selection will probably happen on this side of the pond) only to hear the Commish walk up to the podium and say..."there has been a trade".

Actually, I'd be pretty happy with a trade down if none of the Jets' preferred guys are sitting there. It would just be a long night without any new Jets to cheer for...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I will be pissed if I sit up watching the draft until approx 3am (when the #30 selection will probably happen on this side of the pond) only to hear the Commish walk up to the podium and say..."there has been a trade".

Actually, I'd be pretty happy with a trade down if none of the Jets' preferred guys are sitting there. It would just be a long night without any new Jets to cheer for...
    Thieving mother effer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be pissed if they trade our first pick for an Oakland TE and use the second one for a kicker.

Yep. That'd piss me off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I'll be pissed if they trade our first pick for an Oakland TE and use the second one for a kicker.

Yep. That'd piss me off.
    Classic stuff:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91582

thought about bumping it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be pissed if we trade up for Ayers or Wilkerson.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be pissed if the Patriots get either Cameron Jordan, JJ Watt, Aldon Smith, or Robert Quinn... Good chance they get 1 of those guys... Any of them would be a big upgrade to their defense, really hope they don't get Aldon Smith or Robert Quinn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    DON'T

No Necro
    Now you're just daring people.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Pats taking a dude with a brain tumor who spent all of 2010 suspended and out of football... and has never stood up to play linebacker?

let em go crazy. he's an extremely risky pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the Pats taking a dude with a brain tumor who spent all of 2010 suspended and out of football... and has never stood up to play linebacker?

No, we don't want the Pats getting Quinn.

And the stand-up vs being down is so overblown it's sickening. Why does anyone care about what a player like that is going to do 10% of the time??? He's a pass rusher... That is by far the most important aspect and what he's going to from now on. You rush the passer on clear passing downs and that's where he'll make his money.

People tried to make that as an excuse for Gholston when it had nothing to do with anything. He just couldn't rush the passer effectively.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I will add to your Pats thought, I'm not just worried about them getting Quinn but them finally actually using their assets to trade up and get a couple of very top end players. I hope they do their usual, trade back, trade for next year and never go up and get grade A quality players.

My other one is the Jets ending up with two draft picks after trading up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
    you don't think mccourty and mayo are top quality?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    And the stand-up vs being down is so overblown it's sickening. .
    even if we take that out of the equation we are talking about a player who broke the NCAA rules so severely he was suspended a year. cam newton was suspended a day people treat him like a felon. Quinn situation is much worse and everyone loves him. The NFL has rules too it hasn't been demonstrated that he can follow rules.

and he also has a brain tumor. I pray the Pats take Robert Quinn. DBrick will shut his ass down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I knew there would be a Pat fan come along sooner or later. No they are fine but you have a HOF QB on the other side of 30 and have not won anything meaningful in a number of years and the Pats trade back, trade for next year, trade back. That all looks fine until you can't block Shaun Ellis or the Giants in the playoffs and can't put pressure on the QB. Sooner or later you need to do something meaningful with all this moving around instead of deferring things all the time.

As I said, I'll be happy if the Pats do their usual and do not get players that are massive difference makers.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post

I could care less about the brain tumor. If it was that serious then there's no way any respected doctor would clear him to play football.

The guy is a monster on the field and the 2nd best OLB prospect in the draft behind Von Miller.

After watching the Pats bring scrubs like Pierre Woods and Tully Banta-Cain after the QB for the past few years, it would surely suck to see them get a stud like Robert Quinn.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    McCourty? Are you for teh realz?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be pizzed if I have to listen to the analysts slobber all over BB and his "masterful manipulation" of the draft. Nauseating.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could care less about the brain tumor. If it was that serious then there's no way any respected doctor would clear him to play football.

the doctors recommended that the tumor be removed. He declined and they drained fluid. It's still in there. he gets MRI's every 6 months to check it out. Long story short his problems could re-surface at any time, and if they do these are life threatening problems. If he did get the tumor out they have to put a piece of plastic in there a shunt or something and he could never play again.