Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devastating Tornado

Devastating Tornado

[QUOTE]PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. - Dozens of tornadoes spawned by a powerful storm system wiped out neighborhoods across a wide swath of the South, killing at least 201 people in the deadliest outbreak in nearly 40 years, and officials said Thursday they expected the death toll to rise.

Alabama's state emergency management agency said it had confirmed 131 deaths, while there were 32 in Mississippi, 16 in Tennessee, 13 in Georgia, eight in Virginia and one in Kentucky.

The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., said it received 137 tornado reports around the regions into Wednesday night.[/QUOTE]

Over 200 people dead. RIP. It's amazing how powerful mother nature is. You have no control.

Here are the presidents remarks

[QUOTE]Michelle and I extend our deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their lives because of the tornadoes that have swept through Alabama and the southeastern U.S. Our hearts go out to all those who have been affected by this devastation, and we commend the heroic efforts of those who have been working tirelessly to respond to this disaster.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-28-2011 at 11:32 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4011645]You have no control.[/QUOTE]

Some would beg to differ, specificly Environmentalists.

But no doubt about it, the usual Spring Storms this year have been mighty indeed.

Hall Of Fame
    It must be especially frustrating for liberals to recognize there is something out there that they can't control.

just can't help yourself can you?

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4011687]It must be especially frustrating for liberals to recognize there is something out there that they can't control.[/QUOTE]

It is Christians who believe that man was given dominion over 'all the earth' by God

unbelievable. even a thread about 200 Americans dead turns into a pissing match

RIP to all those who lost their lives the past few days....so tragic

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If Van Jones succeeds in getting "Mother Nature" the same rights as humans, does this mean she'd also be held criminally liable for this horrible loss of life?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4011709]If Van Jones succeeds in getting "Mother Nature" the same rights as humans, does this mean she'd also be held criminally liable for this horrible loss of life?[/QUOTE]

I can see the trial now.

They'd have to send Dog The Bounty Hunter to go find the Tornado, as it will have obviously skipped bail and dissapeared before the trial.

By the way Tyler, if you wanted a non-political set of replies, perhaps the Politics Forum was the wrong venue? Perhaps the Hampur would have been more apropo.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4011730]By the way Tyler, if you wanted a non-political set of replies, perhaps the Politics Forum was the wrong venue? Perhaps the Hampur would have been more apropo.[/QUOTE]

And perhaps posting the Obama's response wasn't the right avenue either...

But you got what you wanted, didn't you?

RIP to the families of loved ones who were lost.

Board Moderator
    Can't believe Obozo let this kind of thing happen on his watch.

Watch a useless douche. Can't even stop tornadoes. Impeach this pretender NOW!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4011700]just can't help yourself can you?[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought the same thing to myself when seeing your inclusion of Obama's remarks.

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;4011738]And perhaps posting the Obama's response wasn't the right avenue either...

But you got what you wanted, didn't you?[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;4011743]Funny, I thought the same thing to myself when seeing your inclusion of Obama's remarks.[/QUOTE]

HE'S THE F*CKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Some people may want to hear from their president during a tragedy.

Did he say something contreversial or can you still not handle the fact he's your president.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-28-2011 at 01:09 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4011823]HE'S THE F*CKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Some people may want to hear from their president during a tragedy.

Did he say something contreversial or can you still not handle the fact he's your president.[/QUOTE]

Note the chain of events here folks, it's illuminating:

Tyler posts human tragedy event (albeit a common one, weather-kills-people), in the Politics Forum with a minor Political Add (the President) and his comments.

Folks make expected "lol, Weather and Environemntalists" replies. All lightweight sarcasm stuff (between the RIP's)

Tyler gets pissed off that there are people so hateful as to make Political posts in the Political Forum.

A few more political replies get made.

And then Tyler resorts to the usual not-so-vieled hints that we're all racists, a la "still not handle the fact he's your president".

It's funny how predictable this forum is. Really.;)

All Pro
    I'd rather hear our President address a tragic weather related event than Easter. ;)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4011843]It's funny how predictable this forum is. Really.;)[/QUOTE]

But notice, not one PK nonsense post.

So I guess we're not all predictable, eh? :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4011854]But notice, not one PK nonsense post.

So I guess we're not all predictable, eh? :D[/QUOTE]

Um, you just posted.

all we're missing is a Bitonti post about how "Obama cares more than any President ever about the victims of Weather, and his comments on it are the greatest speech of all time", and a CBTNY post blaming Obama for causign teh Tornados himself to kill Republican Voters (in the Womb), and we'll be good to go, done.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;4011823]HE'S THE F*CKING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Some people may want to hear from their president during a tragedy.

Did he say something contreversial or can you still not handle the fact he's your president.[/QUOTE]

Obama didn't say "anything"..just a standard boilerplate declaration of condolences...a nice gesture but not newsworthy.

It would be far more appropriate to hear what Alabama Governor Robert J. Bentley had to say....being much more involved in the current situation.

Of course, he's a Republican so that would be wishful thinking.

I realize that you can't help yourself..you have my and Obama's sympathies.

Jets Insider VIP
    RIP to the poor souls who lost their lives. God bless their families and those that have lost so much.:(

[QUOTE=Warfish;4011858]Um, you just posted.

all we're missing is a Bitonti post about how "Obama cares more than any President ever about the victims of Weather, and his comments on it are the greatest speech of all time", and a CBTNY post blaming Obama for causign teh Tornados himself to kill Republican Voters (in the Womb), and we'll be good to go, done.[/QUOTE]

Quite the somber speech he gave mere hours after Ft. Hood tragedy:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fNN_ETf50o[/url]

:noalien:
    Last edited by Jetworks; 04-28-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Can handle it infinitely better than you can handle the fact that he's an absolute epic FAIL in every possible and measurable way.