Thread: Jets on the clock.. coming up next on NFL Network Path to the Draft.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets on the clock.. coming up next on NFL Network Path to the Draft.

up next after the break..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I still don't have the NFL Network

TWC is a Joke
    Seriously. I didnt have it in Jersey with Cablevision, move to NY and Time Warner doesn't carry it either

Jets Insider VIP
    Casserly and Jaimie said Ayers should be the pick.. but if hes not there Taylor.. or if they don't trade out.. Jimmy Smith.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the pats have 3 picks out of the top 33.... I still say we trade out our #30 and maybe our 6th or 7th for 2 #2s from someone so we can draft 2,2,3,4,5,6 (7)

Quote Originally Posted by BLEED JET GREEN View Post
    I'm still trying to get over the fact that the pats have 3 picks out of the top 33.... I still say we trade out our #30 and maybe our 6th or 7th for 2 #2s from someone so we can draft 2,2,3,4,5,6 (7)
    The Jets don't have a #2...how are you going to get 2 #2s by trading out of #30?...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Jets don't have a #2...how are you going to get 2 #2s by trading out of #30?...
    It's feasible if GMs are still guided by the draft pick value chart.

According to the chart, the Jets pick (#30) is valued at 620 points. Two picks from near the bottom of the second round could add up to 620, say #58 (320 points) and #60 (300 points). For this exercise to be a bit more realistic, one would have to identify a team with two picks near the bottom of the second round who could be a potential trading partner. The closest would be the Chargers who have picks #50 (400 points) and #61 (292 points), with a total value of 692 points, meaning the Jets would have to through some value back to the Chargers to make it work (at least their 4th round pick).