Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Rick Gosselin Final Mock - Jets go OT, Sherrod.

  1. #21
    Sherrod would be a solid pick. Sure, it would mean Vlad is not happening at RT and was a wasted pick. So what? It happens. Better to deal with it sooner rather than later. It would also mean the Jets think the need at RT is greater than the front 7. The logic would be that a great pass rusher would not be available at 30 and all that would be available would be an all-around DE (a poor man's Sean Ellis). Add to this that there may be options already on the squad for an all around 5-technique DE (in addition to DeVito, there's Pitoitua, Dixon, Gilbert, even Pryce for another year) that the Jets think might contribute better on the DL than Vlad will on the OL.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I did. and it was me.
    LOL ahhh you make me laugh, but in a jovial way.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by majf View Post
    Sherrod would be a solid pick. Sure, it would mean Vlad is not happening at RT and was a wasted pick. So what? It happens. Better to deal with it sooner rather than later. It would also mean the Jets think the need at RT is greater than the front 7. The logic would be that a great pass rusher would not be available at 30 and all that would be available would be an all-around DE (a poor man's Sean Ellis). Add to this that there may be options already on the squad for an all around 5-technique DE (in addition to DeVito, there's Pitoitua, Dixon, Gilbert, even Pryce for another year) that the Jets think might contribute better on the DL than Vlad will on the OL.
    You don't deal with it after 1 draft.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You don't deal with it after 1 draft.
    You do if it involves protecting the future of your franchise.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by majf View Post
    You do if it involves protecting the future of your franchise.
    Not by passing up Heyward.

    Sherrod doesn't protect the future of the franchise. This was just someone trying to either be different in a mock or not paying attention.

  6. #26
    You guys should chill with the Heyward stuff. We don't know anything. Dude could like to punch babies for all we know.

    I like Heyward more than anyone but if the team passes on him, they likely have a legit reason.

  7. #27
    I like Heyward more than anyone but if the team passes on him, they likely have a legit reason.
    +1

    Maybe they don't think he'll get much bigger or better...maybe he's crazy...maybe they're mad at OSU...He's not so special a prospect that it'd be retarded to pass on him.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,108
    ^ Depends on who they are passing on him for. Taking a tackle from Miss. State... that's pushing it.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    That would be worse than drafting Kyle Rudolph and Brandon Pettigrw combined.
    I would be quite happy with Rudolph to be honest. I think the bottom first round defensive lineman all have huge bust potential.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I would be quite happy with Rudolph to be honest. I think the bottom first round defensive lineman all have huge bust potential.
    Well, almost all players have a legitimate bust potential. Very rare that they don't.


    As for Heyward, the Jets could not like him for whatever reason. For all we know, our doctors found something in his knee that nobody else sees and we cross him off our list.

    I've learned many times over the past several years that there are a million things you can't even think of that makes a team not want to take a player.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,108
    Give me Rudolf or give me death.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Give me Rudolf or give me death.
    I like Rudolph a ton as a player. Especially because I don't like Keller very much.

    Only thing that scares me about Rudolph is the injuries though... Guy finds a way to get hurt.

  13. #33
    It would be idiotic to take a TE when you have a pass catching TE already, like him or not. You have needs in about 5 other areas. Rudolph is another guy whose value is higher than it should be because of a lousy class at his position.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    It would be idiotic to take a TE when you have a pass catching TE already, like him or not. You have needs in about 5 other areas. Rudolph is another guy whose value is higher than it should be because of a lousy class at his position.
    Completely the wrong outlook to the draft.

    Read any interview with Ozzie Newsome and he'll say pretty clearly that his strategy is always to draft best available. He says that he'd always rather fill needs through FA.

    That is the reason he ended up with Heap when he didn't really need a TE.


    If you think Rudolph is going to be a top 3 TE in the game, then you freaking take him over a guy like Brooks Reed who fills a need, but is going to get 9 sacks in his best year.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    If the right guy is there..I am not against going OT...and at #30...less of a problem...we need good depth...but we will go Def. if we do not trade down..

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    HEY!! You watch your mouth. I've had wet dreams that ended with the above.
    I know...I know...so have I !

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Completely the wrong outlook to the draft.

    Read any interview with Ozzie Newsome and he'll say pretty clearly that his strategy is always to draft best available. He says that he'd always rather fill needs through FA.

    That is the reason he ended up with Heap when he didn't really need a TE.


    If you think Rudolph is going to be a top 3 TE in the game, then you freaking take him over a guy like Brooks Reed who fills a need, but is going to get 9 sacks in his best year.
    You think he is going to be a top 3 TE in the game? Wowie Zowie, then by all means grab him. But know that he's going to play at best 1/2 the snaps until they dump keller.

    I don't disagree with your premise you have quoted in some of these threads. Don't worry about where a guy is ranked, I just totally disagree with the value you are putting on these players.

    Top 3 TE in the game?

  18. #38
    If we go OT I will be very angry. Defense is what we need.

  19. #39
    If that happens it just shows that they think Ducasse is a scrub.. Probably a smart pick but I 100% want a front 7 player

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    If that happens it just shows that they think Ducasse is a scrub.. Probably a smart pick but I 100% want a front 7 player
    Not really... You always prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

    If Carimi falls there, I'd definitely be on board with taking him. Guy is damn good blocker and is as strong as they come. If that means Ducasse moves inside permanently, then so be it.

    OL is too important just to ignore because you have other positions that you think are more a need, even though we haven't even hit FA.


    I swear some of you guys talk like you'd pass on hall of famers just to fill needs at other spots. That's why you judge these players.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us