Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Rick Gosselin Final Mock - Jets go OT, Sherrod.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,553

    Rick Gosselin Final Mock - Jets go OT, Sherrod.


  2. #2
    That's crazy, have the Jets given up on Ducasse already? If so they really F'up their draft last year. I like Sherrod as a player but taking him and passing on Heyward would harken back to .....the Jets select (insert tight end name here).

    If they didn't like Heyward I would hope to god they traded down for some team that missed on an OT in the 1st part of round 1.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,104
    I would be SOOOO pissed if we passed on Heyward and took a RT.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,715
    That would be worse than drafting Kyle Rudolph and Brandon Pettigrw combined.

  5. #5
    Might not be a popular pick, but it is a big need.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    That would be worse than drafting Kyle Rudolph and Brandon Pettigrw combined.
    HEY!! You watch your mouth. I've had wet dreams that ended with the above.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    HEY!! You watch your mouth. I've had wet dreams that ended with the above.
    Imagine if they made a baby.

    All jokes aside though, Rudolph at 30 in an ultimate doomsday scenario where Heyward, Wilks, and Taylor are gone, wouldn't be that bad.

    The more legit weapons for Mark the better.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Imagine if they made a baby.
    I did. and it was me.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Imagine if they made a baby.

    All jokes aside though, Rudolph at 30 in an ultimate doomsday scenario where Heyward, Wilks, and Taylor are gone, wouldn't be that bad.

    The more legit weapons for Mark the better.
    Exactly

    I don't think Rudolph would be a bad pick simply because he's more of an all-around TE and I'm not that big of a Keller fan.

    And like you said, it's never a bad idea to surround your young, franchise QB with as many weapons as possible.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I would be SOOOO pissed if we passed on Heyward and took a RT.

    ... ... + 1 ... ...


    ... it would mean they think ducasse is horse$h*t ...








    l_j_r

  11. #11
    Why can't Ducasse be the RG of the future in this situation?

    Or LG...it'll be interesting to see how Slauson follows up last year.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-28-2011 at 04:18 PM.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Why can't Ducasse be the RG of the future in this situation?
    Or the LG?

    I mean, Slauson was decent for the latter part of last year, but I don't think he's ever going to be some kind of stud, main fixture along the OL.

  13. #13
    ^^ Lawlz. Beat it by a minute.

    I'm more confident with him on the right side, but won't eliminate him at LG at all.

    With that kind of size and athleticism on the OL they'd have the chance to be a historically great line.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 04-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    In the Rex Era the Jets have had 7 picks and drafted 6 offensive players. I seriously doubt the Jets draft offense in round 1 this year, no matter how things shake out.

    The Jets essentially had a wasted draft last year with no significant contributions from their rookies. The Jets need a player in the 1st who will contribute right away. RT is not a position that will happen.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    ^^ Lawlz. Beat it by a minute.

    I'm more confident with him on the right side, but won't eliminate him at LG at all.

    With that kind of size and athleticism on the OL they'd have the chance to be a historically great line.
    Ducasse doesnt have the instincts to be a guard and his size 6'5 315+ is perfectly suited to RT. The problem is he might not be talented enough to handle the position at this point in his career.

    Also, slauson is perfect for our team and had a very good year for a 1st time starter and 6th round pick. He held his own, is good in the run game, and will be an inexpensive player to keep in the future - a key with so much money tied up with Dbrick and Mangold.

  16. #16
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,215
    Can anyone post his full mock? I can't open the link in the OP and the Dallas News site requires a subscription.

    TIA.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Ducasse doesnt have the instincts to be a guard and his size 6'5 315+ is perfectly suited to RT. The problem is he might not be talented enough to handle the position at this point in his career.

    Also, slauson is perfect for our team and had a very good year for a 1st time starter and 6th round pick. He held his own, is good in the run game, and will be an inexpensive player to keep in the future - a key with so much money tied up with Dbrick and Mangold.
    Just to add, Slauson rated better than Faneca did the yr before. In other words, Slauson was an upgrade at the position. He's the inked-in starter at LG next year.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,715
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Can anyone post his full mock? I can't open the link in the OP and the Dallas News site requires a subscription.

    TIA.
    1. Carolina - Cam Newton

    2. Denver - Von Miller

    3. Buffalo - Marcell Dareus

    4. Cincy - A.J. Green

    5. Arizona - Patrick Peterson

    6. Cleveland - Julio Jones

    7. San Fran - Blaine Gabbert

    8. Tennessee - Jake Locker

    9. Dallas - Tyron Smith

    10. Washington - Christian Ponder

    11. Houston - Aldon Smith

    12. Minnesota - Andy Dalton

    13. Detroit - Nick Fairley

    14. St. Louis - Mark Ingram

    15. Miami - Mike Pouncey

    16. Jacksonville - Ryan Kerrigan

    17. New England - Cam Jordan

    18. San Diego - Corey Liuget

    19. New York Giants - Nate Solder

    20. Tampa Bay - Robert Quinn

    21. KC - Gabe Carimi

    22. Indy - Anthony Castonzo

    23. Philly - Jimmy Smith

    24. New Orleans - Adrian Clayborn

    25. Seattle - Prince Amukamara

    26. Baltimore - JJ Watt

    27. Atlanta - Phil Taylor

    28. New England - Danny Watkins

    29. Chicago - Marvin Austin

    30. New York Jets - Derrick Sherrod

    31. Pittsburgh - Cameron Heyward

    32. Green Bay - Aaron Williams

  19. #19
    I would flip out if they took Sherrod over Heyward or Wilkerson.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    It's far more important to get the right guy than get a guy at the right position.

    That said, I won't be happy if they pass Heyward for OL.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us