Thread: What is the value of our #30 pick?

Undrafted Free Agent

What is the value of our #30 pick?

If we were to entertain trading out of that spot, what's the value? Is it 2 2nd rounders? Is it a high 2nd rounder and a high 3rd rounder?

I ask because I'm genuinely interested

All Pro
    Not sure exactly, but probably a 2 and a 4 or maybe a 2 and a 3 if a QB is in play at #30.

Undrafted Free Agent
    A lot of talk about trading back, as if it's that easy and that simple.

If what you say above is true it all depends on what #2 pick is included in the deal. There are probably a handful of guys that could fall to the early 2nd round that could come in and make an impact but waiting much longer and i think we waste an opportunity to upgrade our starting lineup.

I just don't buy teams giving up to move into the #30 spot to grab Dalton but maybe that's possible. Locker will be gone so i don't think the trade down philosophy is realistic...

It would all depend on just how far down we trade. To get a mid 3rd rounder we would probably have to trade down into the mid 2nd round which is too far for me. I would rather we trade down into the early 2nd and pick up an extra 4 and or 5 and still get a nice player. In my last mock I had us trading down from 30 to 38 and getting a 4th and a 5th.

As stated, you have to have a trade down partner. From a pure draft location though we are in prime territory to traded down. Teams that want a QB will want to try and get one at the end of the 1st rather than bidding against each other for an early 2nd rounder in my mind.

All Pro
    According to the chart on Draft Countdown ...

Our 1st Rd Pick at #30 is practically the same as the 5th selection in Rd 2 and Rd 4 - currently owned by Cleveland. Arizona own the 6th pick in these two rounds, so that's another possibility if we only want to trade back a small way.

To get a 2nd and a 3rd, we'd need to go as far as the 15th pick in each round - which are currently owned by the Rams. Raiders are at 16 in both rounds.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    According to the chart on Draft Countdown ...

Our 1st Rd Pick at #30 is practically the same as the 5th selection in Rd 2 and Rd 4 - currently owned by Cleveland. Arizona own the 6th pick in these two rounds, so that's another possibility if we only want to trade back a small way.

To get a 2nd and a 3rd, we'd need to go as far as the 15th pick in each round - which are currently owned by the Rams. Raiders are at 16 in both rounds.

... great answer james ... although lazy leon got you to do the work for him! ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... great answer james ... although lazy leon got you to do the work for him! ...
    I was curious anyway ... with the issue of not being able to trade players, trades were always going to be a bit tougher, and a lot of people here implied we could pick up a third (or even a second) pretty easily. Thing is, only way to get an extra second is to trade with a team that already owned two seconds, which is very limiting, so unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Not sure exactly, but probably a 2 and a 4 or maybe a 2 and a 3 if a QB is in play at #30.
    This is my take...I would really like a 2 and another 3 in this draft..but only if it is in the top 10 picks...