Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make your prediction on the Jets first player taken and where.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Make your prediction on the Jets first player taken and where.

Jets trade 30 pick to a team who needs a qb for a second and third and take Brooks Reed toward beginning/middle of second round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4011895]Jets trade 30 pick to a team who needs a qb for a second and third and take Brooks Reed toward beginning/middle of second round.[/QUOTE]

And my drunken draft night would be over. :(

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4011895]Jets trade 30 pick to a team who needs a qb for a second and third and take Brooks Reed toward beginning/middle of second round.[/QUOTE]

For this to happen, the trade partner would have to be either Buffalo (pick 34) or Cincinnati (pick 35), both of whom could select a QB already in round 1. Reed would also have to slip past NE at pick #33. Several Mocks have Belichick taking Reed right there at the top of round 2 (along with Watt at pick 17 in round 1). If NE does that, they will have had a tremendous draft. (plus whoever they get at pick 28).

If Reed is gone, Ayers should still be there, although I'm not particularly fond of the Jets taking him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely a TE or CB :eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets trade up past the Ravens and select Cameron Heyward.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets stay put at 30 and select Akeem Ayers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone expected to go earlier, somehow is available by pick 30 and the Jets grab him. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets stay put and select Muhammed Wilkerson:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets trade picks 30 and 94 to the Eagles for pick 23 and take JJ Watt or Cam Jordan. In my dream world one of them falls to here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4012165]Jets trade picks 30 and 94 to the Eagles for pick 23 and take JJ Watt or Cam Jordan. In my dream world one of them falls to here.[/QUOTE]

we're jets fans and for the last three years we've gotten whoever we wanted
    whenever we wanted

I'm spoiled

I'm hoping we end up with Kerrigan due to some TannyMagic®

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4012201]we're jets fans and for the last three years we've gotten whoever we wanted
    whenever we wanted

I'm spoiled

I'm hoping we end up with Kerrigan due to some TannyMagic®[/QUOTE]

:D its exactly how I'm feeling. I know they will probably stay put or trade down, but lately when they've traded up it's worked great (Revis, Sanchez, Keller) and when they stay put its been blah to sucky (Gholston, Wilson)...I say go with what works!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;4012208]:D its exactly how I'm feeling. I know they will probably stay put or trade down, but lately when they've traded up it's worked great (Revis, Sanchez, Keller) and when they stay put its been blah to sucky (Gholston, Wilson)...I say go with what works![/QUOTE]

+1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4011906]For this to happen, the trade partner would have to be either Buffalo (pick 34) or Cincinnati (pick 35), both of whom could select a QB already in round 1. Reed would also have to slip past NE at pick #33. Several Mocks have Belichick taking Reed right there at the top of round 2 (along with Watt at pick 17 in round 1). If NE does that, they will have had a tremendous draft. (plus whoever they get at pick 28).

If Reed is gone, Ayers should still be there, although I'm not particularly fond of the Jets taking him.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I don't think Reed is getting past New England at 33. If they end up with Watt, Carimi and Reed, that would be a nightmare.

Pats are in a great F-ing spot. I am more scared of who the Pats end up with than I am excited about who we might take. Hoping the Pats find a way to screw this draft up, but it would be tough for them to do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the jets trade down. They realize that the average talent at the 30 won't be that different than the average talent at 40 and they can land the same player. let some team willing to take a flier on a QB jump in to the Jets spot at 30 like the Bengals or a team looking to pick a QB ahead of the Bengals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4012238]I think the jets trade down. They realize that the average talent at the 30 won't be that different than the average talent at 40 and they can land the same player. let some team willing to take a flier on a QB jump in to the Jets spot at 30 like the Bengals or a team looking to pick a QB ahead of the Bengals.[/QUOTE]

Depends who's on the board. If we pass on Ayers, Reed, and Taylor at 30, they would probably all go off the board in the next 10 picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets trade down to 38th and take Aaron Williams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets select Muhammad Wilkerson at #30.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets select Jimmy Smith @ 24.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it and think this could happen...let's hope !

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4012221]I agree, I don't think Reed is getting past New England at 33. If they end up with Watt, Carimi and Reed, that would be a nightmare.

Pats are in a great F-ing spot. I am more scared of who the Pats end up with than I am excited about who we might take. Hoping the Pats find a way to screw this draft up, but it would be tough for them to do.[/QUOTE]

Chances are that the Patriots will do what has become the expected, and select players that nobody expected them to pick. Belichick never tips his hand, and he has an airtight hold on the rest of the organization. There are probably only 3 or 4 people who know what he's really thinking, and they aren't talking.

They will probably trade around and select from the handful of players that they have targeted, in a spot where they represent good value. They won't pick their guy, simply because they're on the clock.

Nobody had Logan Mankins going in the first round, and Devin McCourty was labeled a special teams player by the draft experts. Look for more of the same.