Thread: So who will be the first FA signed?

All League

So who will be the first FA signed?

If I understand this correctly, it appears that they will revert to the 2010 CBA rules that were in place. And if that holds true past the next ruling then Cro, Holmes and Edwards are Jets. My question besides us possibly signing our own, who will be the first FA the Jets sign come Monday?

No cap, Woody's money and Tanny's penchant for doing big things = ???????

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BrickHouse;4011900]If I understand this correctly, it appears that they will revert to the 2010 CBA rules that were in place. And if that holds true past the next ruling then Cro, Holmes and Edwards are Jets. My question besides us possibly signing our own, who will be the first FA the Jets sign come Monday?

No cap, Woody's money and Tanny's penchant for doing big things = ???????[/QUOTE]

Edwards

All League
    I hope the rules from 2010 are still in place. Because that would mean
    a majority of our free agents would now be restricted. On top of that
    we really don't need to be big players in acquiring other team's FA's
    we just need to keep our own

[QUOTE=BrickHouse;4011900]If I understand this correctly, it appears that they will revert to the 2010 CBA rules that were in place. And if that holds true past the next ruling then Cro, Holmes and Edwards are Jets. My question [b]besides us possibly signing our own[/b], who will be the first FA the Jets sign come Monday?

No cap, Woody's money and Tanny's penchant for doing big things = ???????[/QUOTE]

Did Ravens tag Haloti Ngata?

Jets Insider VIP
    and if 2010 rules are in effect, we can't sign a UFA unless we lose a UFA and only for the same salary cap value (Feely out, Taylor in)

Jets Insider VIP
    Braylon

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4011902]Edwards[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4011938]Braylon[/QUOTE]

Mr. Braylon, if yer nasty.

Agreed that it'll probably be Braylon...I think Holmes might be a little prickly in negotiations.

Is it true that FA is starting tomorrow? I bet they grab a CB in FA if this is true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=innerjet;4011936]Did Ravens tag Haloti Ngata?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6125423[/url]

All League

Yes he got the highest tender possible 2 1st rounders

[QUOTE=Savage69;4011964][url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6125423[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BrickHouse;4011984]Yes he got the highest tender possible 2 1st rounders[/QUOTE]

So much for that idea.

All League

Done already...

Either one of our FA's (Braylon, Holmes or Cro) or Gabe Watson.

[QUOTE=Much ado about Nothing;4011959]Agreed that it'll probably be Braylon...[B]I think Holmes might be a little prickly in negotiations.[/B]

Is it true that FA is starting tomorrow? I bet they grab a CB in FA if this is true.[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000 on bolded part. I hope it doesn't turn Vincent Jackson ugly. I don't think our FO is that stubborn though and can get creative instead.

Getting the 2010 rules works awesomely in our favor this year besides that. It probably doesn't matter at the end of the day though because we were all so concerned last year that the rules would hurt us when they didn't that much.

The difference between last year and this year is that this year is more about retaining our guys and replenishing through the draft whereas last year was about going and getting a few guys to put us over the top. If we get the same rules like we should, having a bunch of tendered RFAs certainly works in our favor. Not only do we have the rights, but they are cheap one year deals.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4012380]+1,000,000 on bolded part. I hope it doesn't turn Vincent Jackson ugly. I don't think our FO is that stubborn though and can get creative instead.

Getting the 2010 rules works awesomely in our favor this year besides that. It probably doesn't matter at the end of the day though because we were all so concerned last year that the rules would hurt us when they didn't that much.

The difference between last year and this year is that this year is more about retaining our guys and replenishing through the draft whereas last year was about going and getting a few guys to put us over the top. [B]If we get the same rules like we should, having a bunch of tendered RFAs certainly works in our favor. Not only do we have the rights, but they are cheap one year deals.[/B][/QUOTE]

:yes:

From a personnel standpoint it's almost like a free do-over with the added benefit of having an extra year of playing together.