Thread: Revis given thumbs up for best defensive player in top 100 NFL Network

All League

Revis given thumbs up for best defensive player in top 100 NFL Network

Panel of 4 including Kurt Warner, Tory Holt, Coach Jim Mora and Analyst Fran Charles discussed who is the best defensive player in the league - Mora chose Troy P, Holt chose Ray Lewis and Warner chose Revis quantifying it by saying Revis is the best 1-1 defensive player in the league..Coach Mora concurred and said he would love to have both.

That and breaking bread with the President must have Revis very happy these days.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BrickHouse;4012051]Panel of 4 including Kurt Warner, Tory Holt, Coach Jim Mora and Analyst Fran Charles discussed who is the best defensive player in the league - Mora chose Troy P, Holt chose Ray Lewis and Warner chose Revis quantifying it by saying Revis is the best 1-1 defensive player in the league..Coach Mora concurred and said he would love to have both.

That and breaking bread with the President must have Revis very happy these days.[/QUOTE]

Great, he'll be asking for more money soon enough. :yes:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=BrickHouse;4012051]Panel of 4 including Kurt Warner, Tory Holt, Coach Jim Mora and Analyst Fran Charles discussed who is the best defensive player in the league - Mora chose Troy P, Holt chose Ray Lewis and Warner chose Revis quantifying it by saying Revis is the best 1-1 defensive player in the league..Coach Mora concurred and said he would love to have both.

That and [B]breaking bread with the President[/B] must have Revis very happy these days.[/QUOTE]

So when he broke bread with the President did he turn and say, "This ain't the kind of dough I like!"

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... did fran charles pick anyone, or just mediate? ...

l_j_r

All League
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4012110]... did fran charles pick anyone, or just mediate? ..
    l_j_r[/QUOTE]

He just mediated.

All League
    [QUOTE=RageATL;4012062]Great, he'll be asking for more money soon enough. :yes:[/QUOTE]

This. :steamin:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4012074]So when he broke bread with the President did he turn and say, "This ain't the kind of dough I like, b itches!"[/QUOTE]

fixed

[QUOTE=JetBidi;4012143]This. :steamin:[/QUOTE]

Jeezus people, let it go already. You're worse than star Wars fans mad at G. Lucas for the prequels (which I loved, BTW). This is the cost of having game changers. Elite players are paid elite salaries.

All League
    [QUOTE=JoeyStylez;4012467]Jeezus people, let it go already. You're worse than star Wars fans mad at G. Lucas for the prequels (which I loved, BTW). This is the cost of having game changers. Elite players are paid elite salaries.[/QUOTE]

Agreed....he also signed for alot less than he origonally was holding out for. He is worth every penny he is making and then some in my opinion.

Now if we can just get a pass rusher.....Forget about it!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=JoeyStylez;4012467]Jeezus people,[B] let it go already.[/B] You're worse than star Wars fans mad at G. Lucas for the prequels (which I loved, BTW). This is the cost of having game changers. Elite players are paid elite salaries.[/QUOTE]forget it JS..

a handful of guys here refused to see revis as the best defensive player in the game when other jets fans were telling them so..

i don't think that will change even after his peers have told them the same damn thing..

i guess the hate is a badge of honor of sorts..

SOJF's.. you can't make this stuff up.. :shakehead

[QUOTE=PaPZ187;4012477]Agreed....he also signed for alot less than he origonally was holding out for. He is worth every penny he is making and then some in my opinion.

Now if we can just [B]get a pass rusher[/B].....Forget about it!!![/QUOTE]

Ayers in the first would be ok with me

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4012610]Ayers in the first would be ok with me[/QUOTE]

The most recent scouting I saw on Ayers said he wasn't a very good pass rusher. We need a pass rusher in the worst way. IMO, that is what separates us from a SB. So, I guess I'll pass on Ayers.

What I think people are missing here is that our pass rush would get tremendously better if we had a great NT that we could rely on. A guy who can constantly occupy two blockers. Then, someone else has a potential free run at the QB. This is why I would support taking Phil Taylor at 30.

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4012728]The most recent scouting I saw on Ayers said he wasn't a very good pass rusher. We need a pass rusher in the worst way. IMO, that is what separates us from a SB. So, I guess I'll pass on Ayers.

What I think people are missing here is that our pass rush would get tremendously better if we had a great NT that we could rely on. A guy who can constantly occupy two blockers. Then, someone else has a potential free run at the QB. This is why I would support taking Phil Taylor at 30.[/QUOTE]

I've seen those too, whereas a few other scouting reports say quite the opposite - that he is an above average pass rusher with coverage skills as well. Taylor would be a fine addition no doubt, and outr platoon at DL would be among the best in the league if not the best with the return of an impact Jenkins. But prefer that we get a passrusher who can beat his man one on one and someone like Ayers I feel could contribute to the overall D as well. His gamefilm is pretty good as well