Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 30th Pick of the 2011 Draft the NY Jets select Muhammad Wilkerson of Temple

With the 30th Pick of the 2011 Draft the NY Jets select Muhammad Wilkerson of Temple

We got another livewire on the Dline

LETS GOO

All Pro
    I think he can play all positions in the 3 man front and will be a handful for opposing OL to handle.

Nate Solder lol. Mo could snap him in half.

Pats just fugged up if you ask me. All that ammo and they get Nate Solder. Just keep trading all of those picks belly.

Nice to see peter king look like a dope too with his insistance that Andy Dalton was a top 15 pick or something along those lines.

Jets Insider VIP
    Does this spell the end of ellis?

Jets Insider VIP
    But according to some around here, Rex just wants a bunch of scrubs along the DL.

Love the pick and still can't believe that we actually had the the choice between Wilkerson and Heyward without having to move up.

A 6'4 315 5-tech with excellent athleticism and hasn't even come close to realizing his full potential.

Oh yeah!!

Positives: Big and powerful. Well-built and well-proportioned with a frame to pack on more weight. Very long arms and big hands. Good quickness, movement skills, and agility for a big man. Bends and generally plays on his feet. Flexible hips to work the edges efficiently. Shoots his hands and is able to control blockers. Hands and feet work well in unison and is able to create separation, disengage and propel himself past blockers. Good closing burst to the quarterback. Strong tackler. Fine two-gap ability. Played defensive end and defensive tackle. Has upside.
    Negatives: Could stand to increase functional strength. Needs to sink his weight and play with more consistent leverage lets his pads rise and gets pushed around more than he should. Game does not come natural for him. Raw instincts and recognition skills. Mean streak and relentlessness leave something to be desired. Average creativity as a rusher. Can use his hands more violently. Faced mid-major competition and did not have to crank it up consistently.
    Summary: Unpolished collegiate defensive tackle with an intriguing physical skill set that will be coveted by 3-4 teams in need of a five-technique, as he possesses a combination of starter-caliber size, length, athletic ability and body control rivaled by few big men in the draft. Can be effective attacking gaps or playing with square shoulders and has room to grow as a player once his instincts and awareness catch up with his raw talents.
    NFL projection: Top-50 pick.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...d-wilkerson-9/

Positives: "Terrific junior defensive line prospect with a great amount of upside. Flashes athleticism, moves well about the field, and shows ability in pursuit. Possesses a burst of speed, quickly changes direction, and easily gets out to the sidelines, making plays in space. Stays within his angle of attack, tough to move off the point, and can be an overwhelming force who bulrushes blockers off the line of scrimmage. Possesses good size as well as growth potential."

Negatives: Must develop more moves with his hands. Lacks the great bulk to this point to be an interior tackle.

Analysis: "Wilkerson has shown tremendous improvement in his game the past two seasons and comes with a great amount of potential. He has the ability to be used at several spots on the line of scrimmage and can line up as a three-technique tackle or two-gap end. He should only get better as he physically matures and improves the details of his game, eventually developing into a productive starter at the next level."

Projection: 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Pats just fugged up if you ask me. All that ammo and they get Nate Solder. Just keep trading all of those picks belly.

Nice to see peter king look like a dope too with his insistance that Andy Dalton was a top 15 pick or something along those lines.
    Dalton is a good QB. Unfortunate foe him

Let's funk'n go Jets!

Jets Insider VIP
    I like it.

Honestly Heyward was my #1 but Wilks was close behind, and he definitely has more potential than Cam.

Gotta love this pick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Does this spell the end of ellis?
    I don't think necessarily. Bring him back on the cheap if at all possible. we need a rotation and Ellis probably has one good season left, and he'd be a great mentor.

I'm thrilled with the pick. It's best not to expect much from Mo in year 1. D-Lineman always takes awhile to mature in the NFL plus he's having a huge leap in competition.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Exactly

What the hell is the use of trading down for future picks if you're not going to use those picks anyway?

The Pats had the opportunity to take a guy like Cameron Jordan at #17 and still walk away with Carimi or Sherrod at the tailend of Round 1.

Banned
    BEAST we can move him around on the line i think we trade into the second round tomrrow but who do get
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY57; 04-28-2011 at 11:47 PM.

This just in...Donald Trump demands to see Mohammed Wilkerson's birth certificate

Rex Ryan on Muhammad Wilkerson: "I compare him to a young Trevor Pryce."

https://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream

Very versatile player

Jets Insider VIP
    DL BABY!!

D-F*CKING-L!!!!!!

All Pro
    Great pick. He's the immediate / long term replacement for Ellis. He can play anywhere on the line, and he'll be a great addition to both our run defense and pass rush packages.

All Pro
    I'm just thrilled that we drafted into the strength of this draft which was D-Lineman. It's tough drafting at 30 and it's fantastic that the deep D-Line class perfectly aligned with our needs.

There is no way I see a talent like Wilkerson lasting until 30 in any other draft. He is the perfect blend of size and speed.

6'4", 315 ripped lbs, and 4.96 in the 40 - that is an incredible size/speed ratio, plus he had great production on the field, not just numbers.

There is a steep jump up in competition level coming from Temple but that this kid is clay and Rex is the sculptor. The potential is there for the molding but it's going to take a couple years, we have to be patient.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like it

I like it a lot