Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats Draft Thread (Merged x3)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Pats Draft Thread (Merged x3)

This ones for you rusty!

You guys coulda moved up for Smith, Quinn, numerous others, but no you take a developmental tackle and trade your other pick.

Lol Bellicheck is ghey.
    Last edited by crasherino; 04-29-2011 at 04:13 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4013363]
    Lol Bellicheck is ghey.[/QUOTE]

You do know that is an insult to homosexuality worldwide. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have no defense and they decided not to draft any defensive players in the 1st round. Thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, I've been making fun of them all night. What the hell is the point of always having an addidtional first when you never cash in? What a bunch of pick misers.

I thought Ingram was a steal for New Orleans

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have drafted Jordan, and Wilkerson if I were the Pats.

Instead, we had a better round than they did

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4013363]This ones for you rusty!

You guys coulda moved up for Smith, Quinn, numerous others, but no [B]you take a developmental tackle[/B] and trade your other pick.

Lol Bellicheck is ghey.[/QUOTE]

And lets remember that the Patriots gave up TWO seasons of Richard Seymour..TWO season that they could have used him dearly in home playoff losses...

and the net result of that brilliance was a developmental tackle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 afc east teams got better then the pats did today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Geez, what a bunch of f*ck-ups.

I was worried they were going to get two huge TOP D-line/OLBs to try to crush Sanchez and they got NOTHING to help the defense.

They coulda had Wilkerson AND Heyward.

Could you imagine the horror for the next 10 years had they done so?

What a relief.

AND they got a "robotic" weak O-Lineman.

What's the sense of stock-piling No. 1s if you never pull the trigger?

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really feared Video Bill coming away with 2 blue chippers tonight, maybe Jones/Ingram. But the hoodie may have outsmarted himself again...keep stockpiling worthless picks ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4013415]Oh Geez, what a bunch of f*ck-ups.

I was worried they were going to get two huge TOP D-line/OLBs to try to crush Sanchez and they got NOTHING to help the defense.

They coulda had Wilkerson AND Heyward.

Could you imagine the horror for the next 10 years had they done so?

What a relief.

AND they got a "robotic" weak O-Lineman.

What's the sense of stock-piling No. 1s if you never pull the trigger?

_[/QUOTE]

I think we're discovering the difference between Bill Bellichek the Coach and Bill Bellichek the Draft-Guru. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4013415]

[B]What's the sense of stock-piling No. 1s if you never pull the trigger?[/B]
    _[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thread, different year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4013383]LOL, I've been making fun of them all night. What the hell is the point of always having an addidtional first when you never cash in? What a bunch of pick misers.

I thought Ingram was a steal for New Orleans[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I stopped caring about the Patriots trading away picks. At first it bugged me, because I thought it was a great strategy to get an extra 2nd round or 3rd round pick for trading down a few picks. There are always some good players around in the 2nd round, so to get it for free, when all you have to do is wait a year for your 1st round pick, sounded great when Bill first started doing it. But over the years, I've realized all Bill will do is trade those picks and end up stockpiling 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks, where he can't find any more trading partners, and be stuck with a lot of middle round picks.

In the end, I think Bill ends up outsmarting himself and turns the draft into a game of how many draft picks can I have in this year's and next year's draft, and he ends up with mostly garbage. Sure he's had some decent picks, but he has definitely had less decent picks than most teams have, and that isn't something to be proud about when you have quite a few more picks than any other team year in and year out.

Let's be completely honest. Bill and the Patriots are riding on great coaching, Tom Brady, and quality free agent signings/trades (finding players like Welker who fit into the system, or are willing to buy into the system, and modifying the system a little bit to fit the talent on the team). They are definitely not riding on their draft success over the last 10 years.
    Last edited by rep; 04-29-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4013447]Same draft, different year.[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

_

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pats could have crushed the first round and walked away with two monsters to shore up two key spots, and they end up with a project O-lineman and picks next year. They were 14-2 last year, and they handled this like they're the friggin 4-12 Bills. Seriously, what an epic FAIL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be a little nervous if they can grab a guy like Bruce Carter in the second or third more so than an Ayers or Houston. I think Ayers and Houston play light and will get pushed around in the NFL. Pending his health Carter is a guy that could be a terror if healthy. Bowers being a wildcard. Ballard or Reed would be good picks for them too but neither strike fear into my heart.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4013459][B]Pats could have crushed the first round and walked away with two monsters to shore up two key spots[/B], and they end up with a project O-lineman and picks next year. They were 14-2 last year, and they handled this like they're the friggin 4-12 Bills. Seriously, what an epic FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4013459]Pats could have crushed the first round and walked away with two monsters to shore up two key spots, and they end up with a project O-lineman and picks next year. They were 14-2 last year, and they handled this like they're the friggin 4-12 Bills. Seriously, what an epic FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think they only get 1 extra pick being NO's 1st which will probably be 25-32. I can live with that considering the players they passed on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4013363]

but no you take a developmental tackle

[/QUOTE]

The funniest comment by Gruden--he says--"this guy came in as a TE. Don't be surprised seeing him come in and play some TE, he's tall and athletic."

The Pats have TEs literally falling out of their azz, they need an O-Lineman to shore up the position?

What f*ck-ups.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess there's no chance whatsoever that Solder will become the next Tony Boselli while Heyward and Wilkerson become the poor man's Tyson Jackson. Oh well, there's always next year for fans of the NFL's worst drafting team. :(