Thread: Wilkerson start from day 1?

Banned

Wilkerson start from day 1?

Yes or No?

He's a man trapped in a beasts body, but starting from day one is asking a lot from a rookie. He's going to contribute for sure this year, that's what should matter.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Defensive linemen are more rotational guys than starters or backups, per se. If the Jets' defense is on the field for roughly 65 snaps per game this season, I'd say he's going to get something like half of them, with an adjustment to his playing time made as the season goes along, based on his effectiveness. It would appear he has more raw talent than any of their current D-linemen (although an aging Shaun Ellis has always been kind of underrated), so the upside could put him on the field for as much as two-thirds of the plays in 2011.

All Pro
    Based off his size and talent id say yes but he is making a big jump in level of compitition. I'd think he would be in alot of sub packages and pass rushing situations in the beggining of the season and as time goes on and he gets more comfortable he see's more playing time.

i really hope we bring back Ellis for another year or two.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not sure if he'll start from day one, but he'll definitely see a lot of playing time.

It really all depends on what happens with Ellis and Pryce.

Veteran
    Starter. Trevor Pryce, all due respect, is gone.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4013644]I'm not sure if he'll start from day one, but he'll definitely see a lot of playing time.

It really all depends on what happens with[B] Ellis and Pryce[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hoping the Jets bring these guys back on the cheap. Great mentors for Wilkerson and have a little left in the tank. Ellis is always underrated and should simply retire a Jet and Pryce helped get some pass rush from the middle even though he is nowhere what he used to be.

All Pro
    I don't think so. I think it'll take at least a few seasons before he really flashes.

Jets Insider VIP
    DH, "really flashes" has nothing to do with starting, which is the question.

I say the answer is Yes. Rex has demonstrated a propensity to either have key rookies start or be in a position to start. He did it with Sanchez and gave both Wilson and Vlad the chance to star.

The Jets have had a long history of having 1st founders start.

All Pro
    Depends. Do you have a training camp?

If the offseason keeps going as it is, and the rookies don't have the early camps to learn the system, there will be very few rookies doing much the first half of the season.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=chirorob;4013669]Depends. Do you have a training camp?

If the offseason keeps going as it is, and the rookies don't have the early camps to learn the system, there will be very few rookies doing much the first half of the season.[/QUOTE]
    True SAD fact

:(