View Poll Results: How would you grade the Jets 1st round selection?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

84 68.29%
  • B

33 26.83%
  • C

5 4.07%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

1 0.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate the Jets 1st Round Selection of DL Muhammad Wilkerson

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rate the Jets 1st Round Selection of DL Muhammad Wilkerson

Poll coming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly better than Nate Solder or Christian Ponder.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    B+ took the right guy given the board, but I was hoping for a trade down. Only thing that's keeping it from being an A in my eyes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy A.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Big Mosque will be a beast. Write it down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ven0m;4013580]B+ took the right guy given the board, but I was hoping for a trade down. Only thing that's keeping it from being an A in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Similar feelings but I'm glad they pulled the trigger on a guy who could/should have been gone before 20 or 25. Defensive Line is a position of need and the Jets got excellent value. Would have liked to see us accumulate some more picks but I think the Jets let the Board fall to them and got a very good player.

I voted B.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q8TQg6uoSg[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssOjK3D6fFQ[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilkerson with the 30 pick is an easy A

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phP9SDvMmdE[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D With Rex at the helm it's a good pick...this guy is a monster......I like the pick but I am scratchng my head at some picks by other teams....I mean the Vikes taking Ponder that early??? I have total faith in this front office...this kid is huge and fast and will disrupt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "We know he can stop the run. We know he can rush the pass"... Ben Roethlisberger.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr2mYkCKs90[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked this pick at first, but now I love it. A potential Haloti Ngata-type player that could play anywhere along the line, who Kiper called the best pick of the first round, at number 30? :yes:

If the Jets can somehow trade up for a LB (Ayers, Reed, **** it even Houston), this draft is an A no matter what happens.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    A+

Seriously.

Who the hell ever would've thought that we would have the opportunity to pick between Wilkerson and Heyward at #30? I was thinking we were going to have to settle on someone like Brooks Reed or Marvin Austin.

Wilkerson has all of the potential in the world. He's still a bit raw, but the size is there, the talent is there, and the work ethic is there. Not to mention that he was already used as a 3-4 DE at Temple. We're talking about a guy who is 6'4 315 with 4.9 speed and can get after the QB just as effectively as he can stop the run. I said months ago that I consider Wilkerson to be a better prospect than his former teammate Terrence Knighton who was an absolute stud for the Jags last year.

Hell, Mel Kiper even went on record saying that we made the best pick of Round 1. How could you not give it an A grade?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :DI agree 100%

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4013604]I liked this pick at first, but now I love it. A potential Haloti Ngata-type player that could play anywhere along the line, who Kiper called the best pick of the first round, at number 30? :yes:

If the Jets can somehow trade up for a LB (Ayers, Reed, **** it even Houston), this draft is an A no matter what happens.[/QUOTE]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    It fills a major need and it's a great value pick, so it's hard not to rate this an "A" right now. So I did. I love the pick. Still, grading picks before anyone even takes the field is kind of meaningless. The majority of us probably liked the Gholston pick, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4013604]I liked this pick at first, but now I love it. A potential Haloti Ngata-type player that could play anywhere along the line, who Kiper called the best pick of the first round, at number 30? :yes:

If the Jets can somehow trade up for a LB (Ayers, Reed, **** it even Houston), this draft is an A no matter what happens.[/QUOTE]

Im seriously hoping Tanny pulls of a trade and lands Ayers as he's who I wanted at 30 but since Wilkerson fell who can blame them for taking him.

Ayers in round 2, MAKE IT HAPPEN TANNY!!! :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    tough to rate it anything but an A.

great fit, great need, great value at #30.

though i admit than in the moment, i was hoping to hear Bowers' name called :O

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;4013628]Trust me dirt, his knee is a disaster.

How do I know that?

Cause if he was healthy he was a slam-dunk TOP 10 Pick, and even if there was a pretty good chance he might be okay, he would never have escaped the TOP 15-20

There were rumors before the draft that some teams believed he was going to need micro-surgery on that knee, you hear so many things prior to the draft that you don't know what to believe, but the fact that this player, a player some people thought could be the #1 Overall Pick at one point, slid out of the 1st RD, that tells you his knee is bad news.

Its gonna be interesting tomorrow to see how much further he slides?[/QUOTE]

No doubt. It certainly says something when practically EVERY TEAM IN THE NFL passes on him. I didn't want to see the Jets be the team that took the chance. Maybe if there wasn't anyone else valuable when we hit the clock at 30, but with at least 5 or 6 highly draftable guys there for the taking there was no need to take a chance on Bowers. Wilkerson could have been taken before 20 and no analyst would have questioned it.

We done good. :yes:

Get some sleep fellas. Big day tomorrow....I think the Jets make a pick. ;)