Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good first day for who?

All Pro

Good first day for who?

OK, I'm thrilled with the Jets pick ... didn't think Wilkerson would still be there for us.

But looking around ... who else had a good day 1 in your eyes? I'm impressed by Washington (and you don't hear that around here too often!). Traded down, picked up a 2nd round pick, and got a potential beast in Kerrigan. (Which also meant he wasn't there for NE, just in case they had their eyes on him).

Browns also did well to get a load of extra picks, they need them. Bills got a great prospect (though I'm happy that Miller was gone by then). Also like Quinn to the Rams.

No mention of the Saints?? They scored big time IMO

All Pro
    [QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;4013729]No mention of the Saints?? They scored big time IMO[/QUOTE]

Saints got a great pick with Jordan, not so sure about Ingram though - very good player, but giving up a 2 this year and a 1 next year for a RB?

All League
    Lions

Suh and Fairley....Yikes.

[QUOTE=Woody56;4013733]Lions

Suh and Fairley....Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Yup and I think the Giants got a very good pick. They could have a very tough D next year.

+1 thats a scary D line over in Detroit and I like the Saints getting Cameron Jordan and Ingram.....i also like the Giants pick...those are my 3 with good days yesterday

Big winners:

Lions, Saints and Skins

Honorable mention:

Jets

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4013736]Yup and I think the Giants got a very good pick. They could have a very tough D next year.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I give them credit for one of the best picks. Great value getting Prince there, smart move drafting for value instead of most obvious need.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JamesR;4013732]Saints got a great pick with Jordan, not so sure about Ingram though - very good player, but giving up a 2 this year and a 1 next year for a RB?[/QUOTE]

He's perfect for that team IMO.

Fairley was a steal for Detroit and I think St. Louis will be very happy with Robert Quinn.

Blaine Gabbert - he can sit while other Qbs play and succeed or fail
    Christian Ponder - he didn't even think he would go that high
    Saints
    Lions
    Browns

All Pro

Agreed. Fairley and Suh could give nightmares to NFC North QBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4013736]Yup and I think the Giants got a very good pick. They could have a very tough D next year.[/QUOTE]

pains me to say it but a phenomenal pick by big blew...

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets
    Lions
    Bills
    Redskins
    Giants
    Saints

Those are the 6 big winners from the 1st round IMO.

I would say the Steelers as well, but I think a corner like Aaron Williams or an OL like Sherrod would've helped them more than Heyward.

Pats......

#17 Got themselves a LT that was highly rated, Most likely a pro bowler to watch Bradys back. Giants were going to take him as were the Colts and Eagles. The Pats will have twin towers on the O-Line for the next 10 years @ 6 foot 8 325 lbs.

#28 Got themselves a number one next year and a second rounder this year. The second rounder this year is interest from the Saints for borrowing that number one pick for a year.

Not a bad day.

[QUOTE=MACPAC;4014418]Pats......

#17 Got themselves a LT that was highly rated, Most likely a pro bowler to watch Bradys back. Giants were going to take him as were the Colts and Eagles. The Pats will have twin towers on the O-Line for the next 10 years @ 6 foot 8 325 lbs.

#28 Got themselves a number one next year and a second rounder this year. The second rounder this year is interest from the Saints for borrowing that number one pick for a year.

Not a bad day.[/QUOTE]

Pro bowl LT go in the top 5.

Nothing wrong with what BB did as long as the volume pans out a couple of Studs.

Not a bad day.[/QUOTE]

Bahahahahaa...

Oh, FUDGEPAC, you must get dizzy spinning round and round.

Nate Solder is most likely a probowler?

Bahahahahaa...

Can the kid get on the field for a few snaps before we start the hall of fame induction ceremony? While raw, physically weak tackles with poor technique are usually can't miss prospects, I'd still actually like them to show something on an actual field of play before making any pronouncements. I mean it's not like the kid got beat like a drum the last time he saw the field in a meaningful game during the senior bowl or anything, oh wait, he did.

Jets Insider VIP

absolutley agree! That team is going to be excellent very shortly!

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4014439]absolutley agree! That team is going to be excellent very shortly![/QUOTE]

They still need a guy in the secondary who can catch the misfired balls coming out of the backfield.

Not a bad day.[/QUOTE]

If the Pasts draft was really as good as you say it was, Ken would have taken the time to finally show his face after that embarassing playoff loss to the Jets in Foxboro...

[QUOTE=Emotional_Wreck;4014437]Bahahahahaa...

Oh, FUDGEPAC, you must get dizzy spinning round and round.

Nate Solder is most likely a probowler?

Bahahahahaa...

Can the kid get on the field for a few snaps before we start the hall of fame induction ceremony? While raw, physically weak tackles with poor technique are usually can't miss prospects, I'd still actually like them to show something on an actual field of play before making any pronouncements. I mean it's not like the kid got beat like a drum the last time he saw the field in a meaningful game during the senior bowl or anything, oh wait, he did.[/QUOTE]

Everyone has an opinion. I will stick with mine thanks.